[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Curtis Martin to get MRI on knee

DMD

Just reported on ESPN - Martin goes in for an MRI on his knee that was injured during the game. He played with it but evidently they are acting like it may be more than a mere tweak.

I picked up Blaylock off waivers right before the season. If Martin is hurt, I look like a genious! Someone picked up Willie right before me and with Bettis and Staley on my team I was desperate for some RB help. I went to the board and nobody of value was left, so I went for the first eligible back-up to an older RB.

Yep, it'll be Blaylock if Martin has to lose time, but I would expect Houston to get 5 to 10 carries as a minimum if this is the case. Why they ran Martin 31 times yesterday is what I want to know. Herm is doing his best to look stupid, and he really doesn't have to try this hard.

Yep, it'll be Blaylock if Martin has to lose time, but I would expect Houston to get 5 to 10 carries as a minimum if this is the case. Why they ran Martin 31 times yesterday is what I want to know. Herm is doing his best to look stupid, and he really doesn't have to try this hard.

1003622[/snapback]

Course, even if Blaylock gets the start, the Jets have a couple tough DEFs on the horizon *and* both their fullbacks got dinged up yesterday.

Sep 25 Jacksonville

Oct 2 @Baltimore

Oct 9 Tampa Bay

Oct 16 @Buffalo

Oct 24 @Atlanta

So either the unproven Blaylock or the nicked up Martin are going to be in for some uphill sledding for the next few games.

However, the following quote from coach Edwards regarding Blaylock implies he might see action in Week 3, and perhaps beyond: "This week he didn't run a whole bunch. Right now it looks like he's going to run a lot."

Course, even if Blaylock gets the start, the Jets have a couple tough DEFs on the horizon *and* both their fullbacks got dinged up yesterday. 

Sep 25 Jacksonville

Oct 2 @Baltimore

Oct 9 Tampa Bay

Oct 16 @Buffalo

Oct 24 @Atlanta

So either the unproven Blaylock or the nicked up Martin are going to be in for some uphill sledding for the next few games. 

However, the following quote from coach Edwards regarding Blaylock implies he might see action in Week 3, and perhaps beyond: "This week he didn't run a whole bunch. Right now it looks like he's going to run a lot."

1003641[/snapback]

Yeah, both Sowell and Askew have sprained ankles. No info on how bad either is yet, but it might be time for the run and shoot for the Jets next week. Oh, wait you need a QB who can throw rockets to do that! :D

I picked up Blaylock off waivers right before the season.  If Martin is hurt, I look like a genious!  Someone picked up Willie right before me and with Bettis and Staley on my team I was desperate for some RB help.  I went to the board and nobody of value was left, so I went for the first eligible back-up to an older RB.

1003112[/snapback]

At least learn how to spell "genius" before declaring yourself one.

I doubt MENSA has a missing person report out on you.

One thing we learned last year: Blaylock is good enough to carry the RB load, but he's not sturdy enough to last a whole season in that role.

That said, if Martin is down for the year (perish the thought), Blaylock is only a short term answer. He would get the lion's share for awhile, but I would expect the rookie Houston to play an increasingly significant role.

Unless Herm Edwards doesn't study history.