[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Hockey info?

Dbaxx

Check yahoo. :D

1003167[/snapback]

:D

i think you're SOL, dbax. tsn may have something, who knows.

i have to say, i'm like a pig in chit getting ready for a hockey draft next week. people putting together their own rankings based on whatever knowledge they have of the game is what fantasy sports SHOULD be all about. with football, the market is so saturated with information and analysis, you really can't even whoop up on the newbs until/unless they start making boneheaded roster moves during the season.

I've been playing fantasy hockey for four seasons, and have never found anything resembling a "cheat sheet" to draft from. The yahoo rankings will suck and frankly most people will be winging it this year when they come up with their sheets.

All I found was a list on RotoWire's hockey section that listed the players by their fantasy scoring format. Essentially, I got all I wanted out of it, a list of names and the positions they played (LW, RW) that I wasn't too sure about before. That and I found team depth charts that are up to date are all I have for what you could consider "cheat sheet" info. This is my first fantasy hockey draft coming up, and I'm basically going on what I know of the players from my own research and memory.

And avoiding players over 40 for the most part.

I hate using the word (or acronym), but ESPN should probably have decent fantasy hockey content. Nothing like what you've come to expect in terms of football (or even baseball) content. Hoops and hockey are now the bassturd stepchildren of fantasy sports. Much to my chagrin - I love fantasy hoops.

That's kinda what I thought, but I just need to know who plays!  LOL!  I've been outta the hockey world since the North Stars left MN.  I'll even take a mock draft at this point.

1003736[/snapback]

We have our draft on Monday the 26th, if that's before your draft, we can certainly show you the results. Let me know.

We have our draft on Monday the 26th, if that's before your draft, we can certainly show you the results. Let me know.

1003965[/snapback]

Yes..that would be great. We don't draft until the 28th. :D

1003965[/snapback]

Yes..that would be great.  We don't draft until the 28th.  :D

1004035[/snapback]

:D

Yeah...but what should I do to get ready for the 26th...

Let's put it this way, I missed my draft 2 years ago, so Yahoo auto-drafted. My first overall pick was Danny Heatley. This was AFTER he was scheduled to miss 4 months. :D

1003629[/snapback]

i remember that, it was hilarious. we were looking at the yahoo rankings, calling out who you were going to pick right before it happened and laughing our asses off :D

http://www.fantasysports.ca/TSFHockey2005/...-06-Generic.pdf

this site is free and while i realize that this comes from a mag, it seems current.

1007387[/snapback]

Bingo! Thanks...

Hugh, I still would like to take a peak at your draft results if possible. See how it compares to this sites top dogs. Our draft isn't until Sept. 30th. Thanks for the help!

not thorough enough :D  no goalie rankings (that i can find :D )

edit: and brad richards #1?  err...  :D

1008556[/snapback]

Yeah, no goalies, but thorough as to what they did last year, as well as the depth of player pool. Some of the write ups are pretty good too.