[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hear Them Bengals Growling!

tonorator

i would have thought chicago would be an easy win until they dismantled the lions at home. this will definitely be a good test for the team ... if they can pull it off, they then have houston at home.

bengals, 4-0? could it be?

the wrap on the team has always been a poor start as they have finished incredibly strong the last 2 years.

put this on your calendar - Week 7 - Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati.

tony

Been a Bengals fan way too long to get overly optimistic about a 2-0 start.

Don't get me wrong: I had as much fun yesterday as I've ever had doing something neither illegal nor immoral, and I'm just stoked about having a team to root for that is this much fun to watch. Not just on offense, either: I love that Odell Thurman kid, who I think really is turning out to be a second-round steal. He's gonna hurt some people. And of course Palmer looks more like Manning every week. The no-huddle audibles yesterday were just making me so giddy I had to drink more beer.

But the defense is also still managing to give up over five yards per carry. It's pretty clear how Marvin intends to handle this: Score early and often, and just take out the running game. They were able to do that against the Browns and the Vikings, but that's not a plan that will probably work for 16 games, especially against better defenses. And they did set a franchise record for penalties yesterday.

So, way too early to be talking trash. But ... who dey who dey who dey, hell yeah ... :D

Restoring the ROAR to the Jungle!

Will be a great test against an excellent Bears D this week. Should the cats come home 3-0, this town is going to be freakin' crazy next week (we deserve it here by the way, IMO)

The thing I love about this start is not just the pastings they've put on a couple of struggling teams, it's that no one on the team is satisfied. They had 17 penalties last week, so Marvin's gonna make 'em pay for that in practice this week. That should work to keep them focused on the game at hand. (Actually, that's all any player is talking about, the game this week. It's the fans who are starting to make the ridiculous projections)

The run defense has not been good yet (>5 ypc), but it hasn't been necessary so far. That is a legitimate concern and must get better. But they don't have to improve to a top 5 defense! If they can improve only to middle-of-the-pack, with the firepower on offense (and pretty good special teams, I might add), they will have every chance to compete for a playoff spot at the end of the year.

The last two years have been a joy in Cincy to merely have an actual NFL team again. Now (and perhaps for a few years to come), we may actually have an NFL team with some skill that can contend in our division and league. Saaweeeet!