[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling Out Ravens Fans and Clubfoothead...

spain

First of all for Clubby: :D for being so high on Jamal Lewis! :D

Ravens fans: I know the expectations in the pre-season were sky high in Baltimore. And after a very unimpressive 0-2 start, the Ravens look like a wreck. That o-line is horrible. The Titans D-Line, especially Albert Haynesworth, Randy Starks, and Kyle Vanden Bosch completely dominated them. Every Ravens offensive play was like a jail break. The Titans defenders were on Jamal as soon as he got the ball. It was sick.

Who is taking the heat in Baltimore land? Is it the genious Brian Billick? Is it the poor QB play? Is it the OC? Is it the O-line? What do you guys think about their chances for turning the season around? Will Boller get his job back since Anthony Wright sucks in his own right? Lets hear it!

The Ravens are actually considering surgery on Boller's toe. Could be Wright's team for a while yet. And I belive the Week 3 bye will help the Ravens O-line and running game figure things out. At least, I hope they do...

Edited by yo mama

There's lots of talk about the play-calling, or lack thereof, between Billlick and Fassel.

They gotta stick more to the run, even when it's not always working super well, so you can keep your best asset, the Defense, fresh. At least get some first downs. They get too tired with all the 3 and outs.

Boller is not the answer, I don't know why Billick's been so high on him. Wright could be, with a little more confidence from Billick, at least for a short term. Billick is ademant that Boller is the starter, no matter what, when healthy, so Wright's gotta be like, What the F**k?? If Billick wants to turn things around, he shoudl tell Wright he's got a chance to win the job...

Who is taking the heat in Baltimore land?  Is it the genious Brian Billick?  Is it the poor QB play?  Is it the OC?  Is it the O-line?  What do you guys think about their chances for turning the season around?  Will Boller get his job back since Anthony Wright sucks in his own right?  Lets hear it!

1003654[/snapback]

All of the above mentioned are taking the heat (except maybe the OC). Boller will likely get his job back when healthy, but the timing of his recovery is undetermined.

Chances of a season turnaround? Not sure, need to see if the team can win a game first, then maybe there should be discussion about turning around the season.

The loss on Sunday stung so much not because it was a loss and not really that it was even a loss to the Titans (those things made it bad), but that they played so poorly. The offense is so obviously horrible that it is just downright embarrasing.

:D

I don't know how the back can be blamed for 9 yds on 10 carries when his long was 13. That means his 9 other carries yielded -4. This is not a case of him missing holes or hitting the wrong ones, or running tentatively etc. He's not even being allowed to get outta the backfield.

Without watching the game, my guess is the Titans totally didn't give a fark about a passing threat, and ganged up with 8-9 in the box. JC would've had a hard time doing anything against 9-man fronts.

The Ravens better be shopping for a veteran QB, else this could get real ugly.

Sorry. Look at my leagues though, I believed in Lewis. The only player I ended up with in more leagues was Javon Walker. :D Going to be one of those seasons for old CFH I'm afraid.

My concern right now is that he may be all used up after that 2,000 yard season. RBs have a habit of being done in an instant. Hope that's not the case becuse Lewis is a special talent. He can run over 5 dudes then outrun the other 6. It was a pleasure to watch him play, hopefully it will be again.

The only thing I got right so far this year was Steven Jackson.

I believe the entire Ravens O line is over 30. Wonder where we will be drafting next year? The O line is the problem.

There is a Baltimore Sun writer who has been bashing Kyle Boller since last year. His artic yesterday was basically a "sorry, didn't know how bad the rest of the team was".

The Ravens are actually considering surgery on Boller's toe.  Could be Wright's team for a while yet.  And I belive the Week 3 bye will help the Ravens O-line and running game figure things out.  At least, I hope they do...

1003656[/snapback]

I hope they do too. I think you're right. A passing game woud help. They may need to pass first to set up the run.

There's lots of talk about the play-calling, or lack thereof, between Billlick and Fassel. 

They gotta stick more to the run, even when it's not always working super well, so you can keep your best asset, the Defense, fresh.  At least get some first downs.  They get too tired with all the 3 and outs. 

Boller is not the answer, I don't know why Billick's been so high on him.  Wright could be, with a little more confidence from Billick, at least for a short term.  Billick is ademant that Boller is the starter, no matter what, when healthy, so Wright's gotta be like, What the F**k??  If Billick wants to turn things around, he shoudl tell Wright he's got a chance to win the job...

1003759[/snapback]

Maybe but when opposing teams meet J Lewis in the backfield when he gets handed the ball the o line needs to be fixed.