[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cadillac Williams the next Ladanian?

rawbwilsh

If you do a search, you'll find numerous posts from me in June, July and August in which I said Julius Jones would put up the best fantasy numbers of any RB this season and that Carnell Williams should be a top 10 overall pick.

1003814[/snapback]

Hm, I found a poll where you felt compelled to ask OTHERS which rook to pick in your dynasty draft... :D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be a genius too if Julius Jones were available in my dynasty leagues.

1003816[/snapback]

You could be well on your way to being a genius if you'd just learn to read.

I said, out of the players Whomper listed, Julius Jones was the only player I would have drafted ahead of Carnell Williams. I never said Jones was available. I took Jones in the first round last year.

Trust me, this is not fun by any means. Being right all the time when it comes to fantasy football is just the cross I have been given to bear in this life. I did not choose to be this way.

I said, out of the players Whomper listed, Julius Jones was the only player I would have drafted ahead of Carnell Williams.  I never said Jones was available.  I took Jones in the first round last year.

Trust me, this is not fun by any means.  Being right all the time when it comes to fantasy football is just the cross I have been given to bear in this life.  I did not choose to be this way.

1003839[/snapback]

Please take this with the love it was intended with:

:D Shutup, newbie!!!

Trust me, this is not fun by any means.  Being right all the time when it comes to fantasy football is just the cross I have been given to bear in this life.  I did not choose to be this way.

1003839[/snapback]

For the record. I think you underestimate Lamont Jordan too but to be honest I havent read many of your posts. You could very well be a legend for all I know.

I said, out of the players Whomper listed, Julius Jones was the only player I would have drafted ahead of Carnell Williams.  I never said Jones was available.  I took Jones in the first round last year.

1003839[/snapback]

Dude, nobody believes you. You are trying to claim you'd have taken Williams over LT.

Dude, nobody believes you.  You are trying to claim you'd have taken Williams over LT.

1003849[/snapback]

After his initial post he explained it was a dynasty draft..LT was on someones team already from the year before

Dude, nobody believes you.  You are trying to claim you'd have taken Williams over LT.

1003849[/snapback]

LT....now that would have been a tough call.

I probably would have caved into peer pressure and taken LT over Cadillac if LT was available.

For the record. I think you underestimate Lamont Jordan too but to be honest I havent read many of your posts. You could very well be a legend for all I know.

1003847[/snapback]

After scanning to see how full of bullshirt Vet was, I am of two minds - either he's doing a very well-executed Grits and Shins imitation, or is a true Kate Middleton. I think it's the former, but won't commit 100% to that. :D

I am serious.

I don't subscribe to the commonly used cheat sheets and web site rankings that are based off last year's statistics.  I draft the players who are going to put up the best numbers in the upcoming season.

If you do a search, you'll find numerous posts from me in June, July and August in which I said Julius Jones would put up the best fantasy numbers of any RB this season and that Carnell Williams should be a top 10 overall pick.

It's tough being right all the time.  Believe me, if I could turn it off, I would.  :D

1003814[/snapback]

You are truly a diick.

... and ANOTHER one asking people to rank the rooks for you.

Doesn't seem you felt THAT awful strong that Caddy was the slam-dunk of this year's RB crop.

1003858[/snapback]

I didn't say I never ask for other opinions.

That was posted 2 weeks before my draft. I was just seeing if anyone out there had come up with anything I hadn't already thought of. As you can see from the responses, they hadn't. Although, I did, and still do, appreciate their input.

I didn't say I never ask for other opinions.

That was posted 2 weeks before my draft.  I was just seeing if anyone out there had come up with anything I hadn't already thought of.  As you can see from the responses, they hadn't.  Although, I did, and still do, appreciate their input.

1003893[/snapback]

You weren't exactly beating the Caddy drum far and wide for all to hear. You actually seemed far more concerned with airing your sour grapes over losing Lamont Jordan.

You weren't exactly beating the Caddy drum far and wide for all to hear. You actually seemed far more concerned with airing your sour grapes over losing Lamont Jordan.

1003900[/snapback]

I don't want to turn this into a Lamont Jordan debate. I have been 100% consistent on Jordan since early last season:

1. I like Jordan. He is a great back-up RB.

2. I would have liked the Jets to keep Jordan, if possible.

3. However, I would never have given Jordan starting RB-type money.

4. Anyone who drafted Jordan above the 4th round in their fantasy draft is going to be sorely disappointed.

That's all I've said about Jordan.

4.  Anyone who drafted Jordan above the 4th round in their fantasy draft is going to be sorely disappointed.

1003908[/snapback]

Good thing I got him in my 4th round...now you'll still respect me in the morning. :D

Right. I got him 6.05 in my 8 team redraft - after Fred Taylor, ahead of Chris Brown.

I mean, let's look at this - Tampa hasn't been above 22nd in ANY rushing category (att, yds, apc, tds) since Gruden got there, there were (and still are) durability concerns, and competent back Pittman was there as well. Going into the season, Cadillac was far from a sure thing.

1003822[/snapback]

...unless you saw how talented he was at Auburn. Ronnie Brown looked like a man among boys, mostly because he had the power to run over college kids and the speed to run away from them afterward. Cadillac, on the other hand, was just a PURE running back. Vision, agility, burst, speed -- everything you want. The only real knock on him was that he was just under 210 pounds. When he bulked up to 217 during the offseason, I was 100% sure he was going to be the best of the rookies and had a good chance to be a great one.

And who would these smart owners have drafted ahead of him?

1003775[/snapback]

Not the point. The point is: why spend a 1st round pick on a player you could have taken in the 2nd round or later? In a standard redraft format, virtually no one drafted Caddy Williams as high as you claim that it was "smart" to do.

The issue here is not actual value but perceived value. The perceived value of Williams was late 2nd round (at best), and it would have been *dumb* to take him any higher than that.

Assuming you're talking about fantasy drafts--smart owners who pay attention would never have drafted Caddy in the first round.  They would have waited until the late 2nd or early 3rd (or even later) and gotten much better value.

1003706[/snapback]

"Smart" and "drafted Cadillac in the first round" do not belong in the same sentence. Its week 2. He never went befor Round 3 in any of my leagues. The people that got him are pumped about it, I am sure...but still, round 1? You gotta be kidding me. He doesn't even get goal lines.