[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints/Giants game

Chief Dick

Heard on the radio this morning that they played AC/DC's Back in Black as the Giants came out of the tunnel...

...the opening line has something to do with a hurricane coming to town.

NYG's Music Selector = should make sure his resume is updated on Monster.com

Heard on the radio this morning that they played AC/DC's Back in Black as the Giants came out of the tunnel...

...the opening line has something to do with a hurricane coming to town.

NYG's Music Selector = should make sure his resume is updated on Monster.com

1004645[/snapback]

They did play AC/DC's Back in Black.

There is no reference to a hurricane in Back in Black. You are thinking of Hells Bells.

Nice try, though.

I bet New Orleans really appreciates that "home crowd" they got tonight. They got royally screwed.

Literally makes me sick listening to the Giants fans. You can almost see it in the Saint's players eyes. They know it's just not fair.

1003855[/snapback]

:D

They did play AC/DC's Back in Black.

There is no reference to a hurricane in Back in Black.  You are thinking of Hells Bells.

Nice try, though.

1004666[/snapback]

Sounded like Hell's Bells to me. :D Though it never would've occurred to me that the lyrics mentioned a hurricane. Maybe they should've been more concerned about the "Satan get ya" line. :D

The Giants could have declined having the game played in their home stadium and insisted that the game be played on a neutral field. That would have been the decent, sportsmanlike thing to do.

As it is, they got their cheap win and now they can talk about how bad they feel for the Saints.

The Giants could have declined having the game played in their home stadium and insisted that the game be played on a neutral field.  That would have been the decent, sportsmanlike thing to do. 

As it is, they got their cheap win and now they can talk about how bad they feel for the Saints.

1005173[/snapback]

I am sure they had at Giants stadium for a reason. It is actaully a home game for New Orleans. I bet most of the revenue went to the Saints. If they had done it at a neutral site, they probably would not have filled the Stadium or it would have been less revenue. Its all about the money.

Chavez's sig. says it all,

How to be a man:

1)Stop whining

2)Stop sniveling

3)Suck it up

It doesn't matter where the game was played, only that it was played. When the Giants played a couple days after 9-11 they got a warm welcome from the fans as did the Saints. As far as Giant fans cheering for their team so did KC the game played after 9-11. I didn't think that was a big deal; after all it was in KC and their fans deserve to cheer them on. :D

How to be a man:

1)Stop whining

2)Stop sniveling

3)Suck it up

It doesn't matter where the game was played, only that it was played. When the Giants played a couple days after 9-11 they got a warm welcome from the fans as did the Saints. As far as Giant fans cheering for their team so did KC the game played after 9-11. I didn't think that was a big deal; after all it was in KC and their fans deserve to cheer them on. :D

1005232[/snapback]

Personally, I am not a fan of and don't particularly care about either of these teams. But facts are facts: the Saints got screwed.

By the way, I didn't realize that Giants/Chiefs game had originally been planned as a Giants home game. Oh, that's right-- it wasn't. So it's not surprising jgcoach didn't think it was a big deal. Of course, if the Giants had gotten screwed like the Saints, there's no doubt jgcoach and every other tough guy "Quit Whining" Giants fan would be screaming about it to this day . . .

How to be a man:

1)Stop whining

2)Stop sniveling

3)Suck it up

1005232[/snapback]

This is such a crock of shat. That was a KC home game for one, and NOBODY can deny the Saints got screwed. It appalls me that people would even defend this.

They made this decision weeks in advance. Was is the best. No. Did it cause the Saints to turnover the ball 6 times, no. Will the Giants or The saints go to the playoff or miss the playoffs because of this, doubtful.

All this bitching is just stupid. Saints should just move to Vegas anyhow.

They made this decision weeks in advance.  Was is the best. No.  Did it cause the Saints to turnover the ball 6 times, no.  Will the Giants or The saints go to the playoff or miss the playoffs because of this, doubtful.

All this bitching is just stupid.  Saints should just move to Vegas anyhow.

1005870[/snapback]

I might be bitching if I cared about the Saints or Giants. As it is, I'm simply pointing out a fact: the Saints got screwed. The fact that the decision was made weeks ago simply makes it worse, as there was plenty of time to explore other, more legitimate options.

By the way, this forum is advertised as the place "for fantasy football team owners to share strategies, discuss hot topics, give opinions or just shoot the breeze about the NFL." Not sure why people who don't like a thread will bother to spend their time complaining that it exists. Very odd.

the KC crowd after 9/11 went crazy FOR the giants, at least at the entré and similar.

many people that attended the game described this situation with warm words.

NYG fans made a hellhouse AGAINST the saints team.

1006039[/snapback]

I'm a Giants fan and I can admit that the Saints got screwed. This wasn't fair, but a hellhouse??? c'mon now... that's a little overboard... the Saints did get a standing O last night when they came out. Everyone knows this was a home game for the Giants, to construe it otherwise is simply ridiculous.

In reference to that KC game, once the game started, those fans were no more rooting for the Giants than the NY fans for N'Orlins last night...

and my mother's brother's uncle once told me a story about a Philly fan being mean to him at a game in their stadium... whatever... As noted, this was a GIANTS home game, which totally screw New Orleans, and the powers that be set it up that way... yup, the Saints got reemed, it wasn't fair, and it's not fair to the rest of the NFC East that the NFL let the Gmen have 9 home games, but that's what happened... You can try and construe the NY fans as nasty all you want, but I saw all the "We Love New Orleans" signs in the stands all night long. Does that mean anything really? No... but to make the NY fans out as any nastier than fans anywhere else who root for their home team is just silly imo.

and my mother's brother's uncle once told me a story about a Philly fan being mean to him at a game in their stadium... whatever... As noted, this was a GIANTS home game, which totally screw New Orleans, and the powers that be set it up that way... yup, the Saints got reemed, it wasn't fair, and it's not fair to the rest of the NFC East that the NFL let the Gmen have 9 home games, but that's what happened...  You can try and construe the NY fans as nasty all you want, but I saw all the "We Love New Orleans" signs in the stands all night long.  Does that mean anything really?  No... but to make the NY fans out as any nastier than fans anywhere else who root for their home team is just silly imo.

1006083[/snapback]

Okay, who cares about the signs, they just wanted to get on tv anyhow, maybe they left the stadium and went to a WWE event with them. No problem cheering for your home team, because if it were under normal conditions and played in NO, I would have poured beer too. But, it should not have happened at that game.

Like I said, there's no speaking to any such 'related' incidents... There's drunk A-holes in EVERY crowd of 80k people... I'm just saying, generalizations about 'these fans are nasty' are pretty much bunk... And for every such 'incident' you can probably point to three people holding "We Love The Saints" signs... so you say that means nothing, then I can reply your 'story' about beer means nothing... fans are fans. Some towns are a different than others, some are crazier... in general, Giants fans are wealthy and older, it's IMPOSSIBLE to get Giants tix around here... the same rich people own em... Giants crowds tend to be a lot less rowdy than other NY events...

Okay, who cares about the signs, they just wanted to get on tv anyhow, maybe they left the stadium and went to a WWE event with them.  No problem cheering for your home team, because if it were under normal conditions and played in NO, I would have poured beer too.  But, it should not have happened at that game.

1006112[/snapback]

While that is lame behavior, I guarantee you it would have happened at every single NFL stadium.