[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benching Culpepper this week - post your options

Steeltown Dre

I'm sure many people are looking to bench Culpepper this week. Maybe not 100% certain, but certainly looking at it. So instead of 30 threads, maybe everyone can just post your options in here and help each other out.

Obviously, this week Culpepper gets a visit from the Saints. Right now NO is about middle of the pack, allowing 303 yards per game (at Car and at NYG), in the bottom 1/3 allowing 23.5 ppg, but are 11th overall against the pass (187 yd/g, 2 passing TDs, 2 ints, but only 1 sack)

We'll see tomorrow what DMD thinks he'll put up in terms of points.

So for the sake of providing useful advice, I'd list who is on your bench and what FAs you could acquire.

My bench options are:

Kurt Warner @ Seattle (Seattle's D has only allowed 175 yd/g vs the pass, 3 TDs and 6 sacks vs. Atl and @ Jac)

Ben Roethlisberger vs. NE (NE's D has allowed 196 yd/g vs the pass, 3 TDs, 1 int and 3 sacks vs. Oak and @ Car)

Guys floating on the WW include Dilfer who plays @ Indy, Frerotte vs Car, Eli Manning @ SD, Kyle Orton vs. Cin.

So, I'm up first, who do you think I should move off the bench, acquire, or should I stick with Daunte?

And New Orleans has just the defense to let him do it.

1004502[/snapback]

That is what they said last week about the Cincy D. Both teams that NO has faced have had solid run games (Car and NYG). This opened up the passing game for Delhomme and S Smith. For NYG, they only threw for 165 yards because Eli only needed to throw 24 passes - they had the lead and didn't need air it out.

With Min, they have minimal if no intimidating rushing game, so I think NO won't need to work so hard at stopping the run.

As for not caring about the WRs, if Nate sits, the rest are all average no 2s at best.

The thing going for Min is that NO has got to be tired, after their monday night loss in NY, this is their 3rd road game and they have no usual home to relax in during the week.

I'm still not convinced to start Daunte, given he was the reason I lost this week. But I'm not really high on my backups either.... probably others in this same position. Which is why, if you are deep at any one position, now's the time to go knocking on a Culpepper owner's door.

I haven't seen anybody post a viable option to benching CPep yet in this thread. Go ahead and start Warner or Big Ben. Good luck.

I've got Leftwich as a possible replacement, but I'm riding CPep at least another week. It all comes together at home in a game that will be a fantasy goldmine for many players.

Last year, these two played and it was a 38-31 game, and there's no reason to expect it to be much different than that this year.

I haven't seen anybody post a viable option to benching CPep yet in this thread. Go ahead and start Warner or Big Ben. Good luck.

I've got Leftwich as a possible replacement, but I'm riding CPep at least another week. It all comes together at home in a game that will be a fantasy goldmine for many players.

Last year, these two played and it was a 38-31 game, and there's no reason to expect it to be much different than that this year.

1004992[/snapback]

I'm starting Bledsoe, just because of the SF matchup.

I'm also starting Saint defense, just because of the MIN matchup...;-)

Edited by cre8tiff

I'd start Bledsoe for sure if I had him vs. SF.

I contemplated picking up the Saint Defense, because of Daunte, but I'd have to bench him for sure, and I don't know, I just have to think that after a few weeks of being nomads it has got to tire you out...

I wouldn't start Bledsoe in San Francisco over C-Pep at home against the Aints.

I simply wouldn't do it...not enough there to tell me Bledsoe will produce.

Julius Jones will produce, but I would believe C-Pep puts up better fantasy numbers than Bledsoe this weekend.

I can't believe I would be the only one who believes this.

I wouldn't start Bledsoe in San Francisco over C-Pep at home against the Aints.

I simply wouldn't do it...not enough there to tell me Bledsoe will produce.

Julius Jones will produce, but I would believe C-Pep puts up better fantasy numbers than Bledsoe this weekend.

I can't believe I would be the only one who believes this.

1005509[/snapback]

I believe that if you believe that CPep believes that his teamates believe in him, than I believe that you believe that you should start him.

If it were me, I would stick with Culpepper this week. If he does not right the ship this week, it may not happen this season. Next week brings Atlanta in Atlanta, and then the bye week. The only other option I might consider from your possibilities would be Warner against the Seahawks. I think the 'Hawks passing defense #'s are low mainly due to facing Vick (I do not think him at all worthy from a passing perspective), and Warner has done well getting the ball to Fitgerald in week one and Boldin in week two. With the troubles in the Cardinals running game, Green has said two things: One, we will have to feature the passing game until we get that fixed, and Two, we need to get the ball to Boldin more.

I see the Cards/Hawks game as a good option for the passing game. But, my lean would be to Culpepper getting better this week, along with the entire Vikings team - against a tired and emotionally drained Saints team on a short week on the road for the third straight week.

I've got Big Ben, but against the Pats?  I'll be sticking with Daunte, I believe.

1006599[/snapback]

I am sitting CPep this week, or until he breaks out of this craptastic funk that he's in. Hasselbeck was dropped by another owner, so I snagged him from the waiver wire, and I fully plan to start him this Sunday at home against the Cards. I have gotten a total of 16 points from Culpepper thus far, and I am 0-2. I should also mention that my efficiency rates have hovered near the 93% mark each week, and I have lost both games by a combined total of 7 points.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:D:D:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::bash:

Well, put it this way. In one league I'm in, I can only have one D on my roster. I'm happily dropping the Falcons in favor of the Saints. It'll be an interception FEST!

Of course, I could give you the argument that this is the Saint's 3rd consecutive road game, and Li'l Manning picked them apart last night. There's the other side of that argument. Not much help, am I?? I think i'm going back and deleting that WW move as soon as I get off this post. :D

1004992[/snapback]

I have A.Brooks on my bench. I'm leaning towards starting him, with his huge night against NYG, and Mcallister not finding his stride yet, I like Brooks.

Culpepper simply cannot be as bad as he has been the last two weeks...start him at home in what should be a higher scoring game...if he fails you this week, time to panic, but he should do fine even if the Vikes lose the game...

unless of course you get negative points for turnovers.. :D

1005705[/snapback]

Why take a chance on him laying an egg, especially with Burleson out. I believe the right move is to bench him until he proves he can perform. Owners don't need him losing any more games for them.