Sign in to follow this  
Wolv

Buying low on CPep...

A lot of disgruntled owners out there that surely would want an immediate upgrade.

If there ever was a time to do it, its now. Whats the consensus for confidence in CPep becoming a fantasy starter again? I know right now I'd have a hard time parting with my backup Brooks for him :D

I think it's a great move. Cpep looked good last year without Moss, and looked good in the pre-season. He's a very accurate passer, and will score some rushing TD's as well. His in a funk right now, that he will get out of. He needs to gain his confidence back, and that could happen against the Saints this week.

I'm going to make a play for him - as soon as I get done typing this in fact.

Not sure what it might cost yet. If it comes to fruition, I'll re-post and let y'all know what it took.

I'm trying to get him as well.

I'm first offering straight across, Favre, Plummer, Bledsoe or E. Manning one of those guys straight across for Culpepper.

Just offered: T. Brady, L. Fitzgerald and C. Brown.

Doubt he'll take it, but I figured I'd try.

Just offered: T. Brady, L. Fitzgerald and C. Brown.

Doubt he'll take it, but I figured I'd try.

1004527[/snapback]

He Oprahing should. Seems like you're offering up a bit much to me - at least for your first shot out of the box.

I contacted the CPep owner as well. I put the ball in his court first, just to get a feel for how much he still values him.

I was unable to get hold of the Culpepper owner, but I do know he's dissatisfied with him.

I was thinking about offering up Plummer and either Coles, Cedric Benson, or DeShaun Foster (and try to sell him on the notion that one of these guys will be the man later in the year).

Or...maybe offering up Lamont Jordan straight up. I'll be honest, just considering names, this second one is a great deal for me, but I'm not 100% convinced Culpepper will be able to turn it around so I'm reluctant to offer it. Would prefer sh-t-canning Plummer.

The CPep owner in my league has been shopping him as well. He is looking for stud caliber (idiot) and I basically told him to take his offer and shove ........ you fill in the rest. :D

He Oprahing should. Seems like you're offering up a bit much to me - at least for your first shot out of the box.

1004561[/snapback]

Well, I have the luxury of having a pretty deep team. With Brees as my backup QB, Brady is the only guy I start of those that I offered. Holt and Horn at WR with Jimmy Smith as my BYE week filler, and Jordan, J. Jones and D. Davis as my RB's. So, I figured a stud QB would complete the team, although I'm not quite sure if CPep is a stud anymore. :D

Well, I have the luxury of having a pretty deep team. With Brees as my backup QB, Brady is the only guy I start of those that I offered. Holt and Horn at WR with Jimmy Smith as my BYE week filler, and Jordan, J. Jones and D. Davis as my RB's. So, I figured a stud QB would complete the team, although I'm not quite sure if CPep is a stud anymore. :D

1004589[/snapback]

Jesus, you are deep.

Yeah, you have to do what is best for your team and his team. For example, my team is weak at RB: only Fast Willie, Westbrook and Dunn. But my WRs aren't a concern for me: Holt, S. Smith, Branch, Housh, Key. Coming from a Culpepper owner, I'd gladly trade Culpepper and one of those WRs for Brady and a good RB, but not C. Brown.

It depends how your team is and how his team is.

If you have 2 solid RBs and 2 decent ones, you could give up one solid RB plus a backup QB (like Brees, even) for Culpepper and a WR like Housh.

It all depends - Us Culpepper owners are starting to get desperate...

Interesting update - I had tried to get Culpepper from a guy in one of my other leagues last week and he said he wanted LT for him. I sent sent him an email this morning saying it looks like his boy Daunte is in for a long year and asked if he wanted to be more reasonable on his asking price.

His response? He'd consider LT, Cadillac, or Houshmanzadeh?

Houshmanzadeh? Are you freaking kidding me?

Note ** As I was typing this, he just sent me an email saying he was going to research it and let me know by tomorrow morning. I knew it was too good to be true. I don't know that I want to part with Cadillac and certainly not LT straight up for him.

See, they are getting more desperate as time goes by. But why isn't he looking for a QB? If he already has a solid backup QB that will become his full time starter once he gets rid of Culpepper, why even trade him away? Sit him on your bench and hope he comes back to form. No way LT, Caddy is a stretch. Housh, I'd definitely do if I were you - but it depends on your starting QB.

From my point of view, I am a Culpepper owner. I drafted him high, as most other Culpepper owners probably did. Then I waited a while to get a backup, so the best available was Warner. If a Culpepper owner already has a good backup QB, like a Brady or Palmer or Brees, chances are his team sucks with little RB or WR depth. So you could give him a #2 WR or #3 RB in exchange for Culpepper.

I'd be suprised if that were the case, though. Typically I think they would be more in my shoes, where they drafted Cpep high, waited on a backup, and now are in dire need of a QB. Give him your backup or even starter plus another #3 type player in exchange for Cpep and one of his better WRs or #2 RB.

He declined the offer. Thought it was fair, but since he's 2-0 and in my division he decided against it.

See, they are getting more desperate as time goes by.  But why isn't he looking for a QB?  If he already has a solid backup QB that will become his full time starter once he gets rid of Culpepper, why even trade him away?  Sit him on your bench and hope he comes back to form.  No way LT, Caddy is a stretch.  Housh, I'd definitely do if I were you - but it depends on your starting QB.

From my point of view, I am a Culpepper owner.  I drafted him high, as most other Culpepper owners probably did.  Then I waited a while to get a backup, so the best available was Warner.  If a Culpepper owner already has a good backup QB, like a Brady or Palmer or Brees, chances are his team sucks with little RB or WR depth.  So you could give him a #2 WR or #3 RB in exchange for Culpepper. 

I'd be suprised if that were the case, though.  Typically I think they would be more in my shoes, where they drafted Cpep high, waited on a backup, and now are in dire need of a QB.  Give him your backup or even starter plus another #3 type player in exchange for Cpep and one of his better WRs or #2 RB.

1004718[/snapback]

The guy has Kerry Collins as his other QB. I have Steve McNair as my only QB (with Volek as my backup). So I think I'm going to offer Housh and "throw in" JJ Arrington as an upside RB and see if he bites.

I don't think Culpepper will be all that this year, but I do think he'll be worth a WR and RB who likely won't see much PT on my bench.