[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants Fans Should Be Ashamed...

alexgaddis

I can't believe those sons-a-biatches Arizona Diamondbacks didn't just lay down and let the Yankees win the World Series after 9/11. They should be ashamed to call themselves Americans. :D

For those of you that say the Giants should have let the Saints win, you are morons. The Saints got their arses handed to them last night 27-10. I don't think if they were playing anywhere else it would have really mattered. God be with all of those who have suffered through this tragedy, but I'm sorry to say that the Giants are a better team than the Saints.

PS - anyone who thought this post was at all serious is the true MORAN... :D

1006072[/snapback]

I knew you were kidding from the get go and I p*ss cajun off as much as I can :D but his sarchasm detectors are probably, rightfully, fried right now so let's just pick a different topic.

I knew you were kidding from the get go and I p*ss cajun off as much as I can  :D but his sarchasm detectors are probably, rightfully, fried right now so let's just pick a different topic.

1006523[/snapback]

Yeah I knew he was kidding and I probably did overreact. But when 90% of the people you know, including youself, lose nearly or all of everything they posess including homes, cars, clothes, etc. When family heirlooms lsuch as my Grandfathers burial flag and Purple Heart are lost forever. When you lose ages of history from the place you grew up in, when you lose the majority of the city you and your family have spent your entire lives in, when hundreds of your neighbors, including men, women, children, babies are found dead in attics, in trees under rubble you tend to be a little touchy on the subject. Sure down here we make light of our situation, we joke with each other about things like cleaning up our messy yards, like finding rubber asses under the newfound deck in your yard (yes I did). But it's like family poking fun at each other. It's ok amongst ourselves, but when someone from outside the family does it rubs us the wrong way...kinda like the sight-seers who pass by my house with their cameras as I'm busting my ass trying to clear the debris from my yard. People who obviously are from out of town who just by the look of them you can tell they're there to do nothing but gawk. But now in typing this I realize I'm just venting...it really has nothing to do with what you said alex, just really a bit of pent up frustration.

Yeah I knew he was kidding and I probably did overreact. But when 90% of the people you know, including youself, lose nearly or all of everything they posess including homes, cars, clothes, etc. When family heirlooms lsuch as my Grandfathers burial flag and Purple Heart are lost forever. When you lose ages of history from the place you grew up in, when you lose the majority of the city you and your family have spent your entire lives in, when hundreds of your neighbors, including men, women, children, babies are found dead in attics, in trees under rubble you tend to be a little touchy on the subject. Sure down here we make light of our situation, we joke with each other about things like cleaning up our messy yards, like finding rubber asses under the newfound deck in your yard (yes I did). But it's like family poking fun at each other. It's ok amongst ourselves, but when someone from outside the family does it rubs us the wrong way...kinda like the sight-seers who pass by my house with their cameras as I'm busting my ass trying to clear the debris from my yard. People who obviously are from out of town who just by the look of them you can tell they're there to do nothing but gawk. But now in typing this I realize I'm just venting...it really has nothing to do with what you said alex, just really a bit of pent up frustration.

1006744[/snapback]

:salute:

1006744[/snapback]

There is very little to say here other then rajn hang in there. We are all there for you and everyone affected by this tragedy. We as a group should be prepared to be a little more sensitive on this subject.

1006744[/snapback]

Hats off to you Rajn. Many friends and family of mine are in the same situation.

Sarcasm or no sarcasm this thread should have never been started to begin with. :shakesheadindisgust:

1006744[/snapback]

Hang in there rajn. I apologize for the insensitivity of my fellow Viking fan. At least you'll be able to take a break from your difficult tasks on Sunday and smile a bit at the ass whooping the Saints will put on the Vikings. :D

and I suppose I should change the name of my fantasy football team from Hurricane Alex?

ps - it was named after Hurricane Alex of last year so don't go there...

I wish Rajin all the best with everything, just trying to make a joke about a football game...

and pps - your Saints are coming to visit a sleeping Tiger this week, Vikings win 38-21

Edited by alexgaddis

Rubber asses??? :D

1007277[/snapback]

I am still intrigued by the whole rubber a$$ thing. Is that a southern thing? :D

As for the flood damage, I feel your pain brother. We were caught in the Flood of '93.

Never found any rubber asses. Lots of snakes though.

Chin up. It gets better. :D

and I suppose I should change the name of my fantasy football team from Hurricane Alex?

ps - it was named after Hurricane Alex of last year so don't go there...

I wish Rajin all the best with everything, just trying to make a joke about a football game...

and pps - your Saints are coming to visit a sleeping Tiger this week, Vikings win 38-21

1007635[/snapback]

I really didn't mean for this to turn into a sympathy for rajn thread although I do appreciate the well-wishes. I really just intended to kinda let you off the hook since I know you were just kidding around and to explain why I was so quick on the draw. Hughmor is in fact the best medicine & if we can't laugh then we can't live.

Speaking of hughmor, if anybody wants a snapshot of the rubber ass we found leave me your email addy & I'll send it to you...it comes complete with mud stains & leaves from the hurricane (or is it? :D:D). We found it under an 8x20 section of deck that washed up against my house in the storm.

First, sincere thoughts and hopes out to rajn and his family for all their loss - and for all the families in that area. Most of us cannot imagine such pain.

Second, I agree that the only real shame in this sitch (where the NFL and its fans tried to do the right thing in raising as much $$ as possible for the victims) is that it should've been played at a neutral site. Fewer dollars might've been raised at the gate in Houston or Tenn. or LSU, but its just not right at a supposed 'home' game when the crowd roars in joy when the 'home team' fumbles the opening kickoff to the supposed 'visiting' team. No sympathy shown for the grief-stricken Saints players/fans at that point - but what can you expect from New Yorkers? No, not right at all...

Third, the topic shouldn't have been approached from this sarcastic angle to begin with, and if the author was honestly surprised by rajn's reaction, you are just not the sharpest tool in the shed. But neither am I most of the time, and I have plenty of regrets.

'Nuff said from me...play on....

Edited by Coffeeman

No sympathy shown for the grief-stricken Saints players/fans at that point - but what can you expect from New Yorkers?  No, not right at all...

:D The fans didn't choose the site, the NFL did. Why do people like you expect Giants fans not to cheer for their team when something goes their way. So lame...

:D The fans didn't choose the site, the NFL did.  So lame...

1008983[/snapback]

I agree, that is what I meant about this game needing a neutral site - you cannot expect the REAL home team fans to pretend to root for the OTHER 'home' team. No ones' fault but the NFL front office....