[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Desperate in Detroit...

davehb1

A friend of mine sent these 2 nuggets to me today, sorry no link...

Lions | King Works Out

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:25:54 -0700

Updating previous reports, Sports Radio 1130 W*** AM in Detroit reports the Detroit Lions had free agent QB Shaun King (Cardinals) in for a workout Tuesday, Sept. 20. Head coach Steve Mariucci said with the team on a Bye Week, it's a good time to bring players in for a workout.

Lions | George Works Out

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:25:01 -0700

Sports Radio 1130 W*** AM in Detroit reports the Detroit Lions had free agent QB Jeff George (Bears) in for a workout Tuesday, Sept. 20. Head coach Steve Mariucci said with the team on a Bye Week, it's a good time to bring players in for a workout.

...Jeff George? - next thing you know they'll bring in Ryan Leaf.

A friend of mine sent these 2 nuggets to me today, sorry no link...

Lions | King Works Out

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:25:54 -0700

Updating previous reports, Sports Radio 1130 W*** AM in Detroit reports the Detroit Lions had free agent QB Shaun King (Cardinals) in for a workout Tuesday, Sept. 20. Head coach Steve Mariucci said with the team on a Bye Week, it's a good time to bring players in for a workout.

Lions | George Works Out

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:25:01 -0700

Sports Radio 1130 W*** AM in Detroit reports the Detroit Lions had free agent QB Jeff George (Bears) in for a workout Tuesday, Sept. 20. Head coach Steve Mariucci said with the team on a Bye Week, it's a good time to bring players in for a workout.

...Jeff George? - next thing you know they'll bring in Ryan Leaf.

1005530[/snapback]

Jeff george would be much more effective than Leaf...

Jeff George can throw the ball, at least. Now, who he's throwing it to would be up for debate. I do know that during his time here in Minnesota he was a much better guy than had been reported at his other pro stops previously, so from purely a Detroit team standpoint with those big targets, maybe he could hold his own in a pinch. He certainly has the self-confidence to step in and try to do the job, if nothing else.

Those are NOT two positive names for a possible division contender (see division...:D), however. The REALLY sad thing is, the guy they DON'T sign may end up in Minnesota by week 5, if things keep going... :D

I think it's a good sign, myself. They should have brought people in as soon as they lost Garcia.

The problem is that once in a great while, Harrington shows just enough promise to keep the Lions Brass hopeful. They are under pressure to win now. They've got a ton of talent on offense and a defense that should hold their own.

Losing to the Bears the way they did should be a real wakeup call - looks like it was.

Mike McMahon was a keeper. Shouldn't have dumped him Mooch!

1005559[/snapback]

:D

I am no Harrington backer but what in the hell as he ever done to say he is a keeper? Take a look at his stas, just terrible

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235119

Hey, if Orton can do it in Chicago why not Orlovsky in D-town? Why not try him? They cannot play any worse. I say give the kid a try and see what happens. Harrington will never make it in Detroit even if he plays well because too many people want him gone. What a great opportunity that was lost in Chicago. The Lions could have went up by 2 games to everyone in their Division and been the only team with no losses. :D

Hey, if Orton can do it in Chicago why not Orlovsky in D-town?  Why not try him?  They cannot play any worse.  I say give the kid a try and see what happens.  Harrington will never make it in Detroit even if he plays well because too many people want him gone.  What a great opportunity that was lost in Chicago.  The Lions could have went up by 2 games to everyone in their Division and been the only team with no losses. :D

1005809[/snapback]

Lack of health insurance. :D