[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop JJ Arrington for R. Dayne?

B Man Inc

Ron Dayne is still a free agent in my league but he won't be for long. Arrington is sitting on my bench doing nothing and I'm thinking of dropping him for Dayne. Is this a smart move or should I wait on Arrington to see if he is worth a #3 or #4 spot on my roster? Should I drop someone else for Dayne?

My other backs are D. Davis, C. Portis, B. Jacobs, D. Blaylock (just picked him up). I could also consider dropping T. Williamson. What is the best move? Thanks in advance.

Relevant scoring:

1 pt = 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 pt TDs

no rec points

Williamson I guess - I probably wouldn't even pick up Dayne - that guy is garbage. Aarington, I think, will be similar to Kevin Jones last season and will explode second half of the season but you will need to sit on him to get the spoils - if dropped he will probably be swooped up.

Obviously Dayne is not going to be a top-10 back, but of course he is worth something... (not arrington at this point)..., but don't laugh... in larger leagues 14-teams or more, Dayne has value... in larger leagues every single backup running back is on someones roster from Larry Johnson to Ladell Betts, so yes, pick up Dayne if he is there, but give up williamson before arrington... olandis gary was never a good back before he started in DEN, nor was he good afterwards, so ya never know. (dayne probably fits that mold).

If dayne somehow gets the starting gig (the injuries to bell and anderson would have to linger for that to happen) he would be a top 15-20 back in most leagues.

so, if can squeeze his big fat ass onto your roster do it now.

Edited by Dickerson

Sweet Baby Jesus! A rookie, running behind a wretched O-line, has had one bad game as a pro, and people are seriously considering dropping him already? And for what? A career back up coming off a broken leg. I mean, Arrington hasn't even been demoted. Fools!

If people want to add Shipp in addition to Arrington, go for it. I'm certainly going to try to, as Shipp has some short-term upside. But some folks knee-jerk reactions blow my mind. If you spent what was likely an early round draft pick on Arrington, at least have the fortitude to ride it out until the player is officially not playing any more.

Does anyone realize that part of the reason Shipp did okay in Week 2, but Arrington did poorly in Week 1, just *might* have had something to do with return of starting center Alex Stepanovich to the line up last week?

Edited by yo mama

Ron Dayne is still a free agent in my league but he won't be for long.  Arrington is sitting on my bench doing nothing and I'm thinking of dropping him for Dayne.  Is this a smart move or should I wait on Arrington to see if he is worth a #3 or #4 spot on my roster?  Should I drop someone else for Dayne?

My other backs are D. Davis, C. Portis, B. Jacobs, D. Blaylock (just picked him up).  I could also consider dropping T. Williamson.  What is the best move?  Thanks in advance.

Relevant scoring:

1 pt = 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 pt TDs

no rec points

1005641[/snapback]

I would gladly trade Dayne straight up for Arrington -- I cannot believe Dayne is the answer at RB for Denver - at best a RBBC kind of situation. Arrington has played exactly 2 games in his NFL career and everyone wants to dump the guy. Just look at Julius Jones and Kevin Jones last year. Having said that, the Cards have a lousy playoff schedule so I wouldnt expect the same kind of late season magic from him.

Do not drop Arrington for Dayne.

Dayne probably isn't worth picking up, but I would've said the same about Droughns last year so I could be mistaken. I don't think Williamson is likely to do a whole lot this season so if you feel inclined to get Dayne, I agree he's the one to drop in order to do it before dropping Arrington.

However, keep in mind that the Broncos re-signed Quentin Griffin today. Not sure if he'll get a chance to get back into the RB mix, but I'd say he's about as likely to do something as Dayne is. :D