[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free fantasy football

whitem0nkey

ESPN had major problems with their system. They upgraded it, made it look great, but it would crash every few minutes. I had 2 drafts that couldn't be done because the system couldn't get off the ground. I think they got way more interest than they had thought, or were prepared for. If it wasn't free, I would have been pissed. I used those drafts to get some "practice" in for my real $$ league. So far I am doing real well in those leagues though.

I had some log in problems in the preseason with espn, so we switched back to yahoo and I'm glad..............now I know a lot of people don't like yahoo, but its not that bad................in fact the only thing that sucks about then is the way to customize the scoring system......I witch they gave you more options.

I also use the ESPN. It sucks!! I really am not going to put in any effort in that league. The CBS Sportsline league is getting my attention. They have been good with the scoring except an occational blunder (Monday night game). They are just a bad source for breaking news and I love that. It gives those who do their research the edge.

the good:

Yahoo! - been doing this awhile now and have alot of the kinks worked out. Tuesday mornings are a logjam and some leagues take forever to load but that's to be expected with all the people jamming the servers.

the bad:

fanball's aol- not especially bad but not all that good either. my cheap ass $100 entry fee commish decided that it'd be better to have a free host than the $70 or so for MFL. Pages take forever to finish loading, no matter what time of day. I think this is a fanball issue however as our pay fanball league is exactly the same. I think it's fanball's new design.

the ugly:

foxsports. seriously, does anyone even go to their leagues that they may still have hosted with fox?