[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arrington - #3 RB?

MrTed46

While there has been word that Shipp will take over and that Arrington is dropping, I think it is still too early to consider a major shift here. The reality is that Arrington has only played in one game. Yes, he only gained 5 yards on 8 carries against the Giants on the road, but Marcel Shipp only had 10 yards on seven runs. Arrington also added 22 yards on four receptions in that game.

While who knows what lurks in the heart of Denny Green, but it would seem rather premature to write Arrington off after only 8 carries, especially when Shipp was no more successful in that same game.

While there has been word that Shipp will take over and that Arrington is dropping, I think it is still too early to consider a major shift here. The reality is that Arrington has only played in one game. Yes, he only gained 5 yards on 8 carries against the Giants on the road, but Marcel Shipp only had 10 yards on seven runs.  Arrington also added 22 yards on four receptions in that game.

While who knows what lurks in the heart of Denny Green, but it would seem rather premature to write Arrington off after only 8 carries, especially when Shipp was no more successful in that same game.

1008348[/snapback]

yes it is only one game, but he did suck it up pretty bad all preseason. And the kid can't block at all and thats the main thing. Warner needs to have some protection or he will be fumbleing all over the field.

I'm holding on to him for now!!!!! :D

1010194[/snapback]

Me too. Shipp is better at gaining yards with a bad offensive line. That has been true in Arizona for quite awhile. They need to get better and Arrington needs to be more confident and pick up blitzers better. Sitting on the bench and watching Shipp should help.

Or watch Cadillac.

Edited by Randall

Arrington practiced yesterday. Green hasn't named a starter yet. And apparently that stomach illness was bad enough to hospitalize Arrington, so I'm starting to doubt that it was a concocted story to take Shipp out for a maiden voyage. The situation still sucks, though.

Edited by yo mama

I wonder if either one (Shipp or Arrington) are going to be that good until the Cards get a respectable QB under center. If they had someone with an arm and a brain that the opposing D would have to respect (especially with the receiver threats they have) I think their running game would be opened up a lot more. I expected Arrington to have a big year, but some of that was based on Warner putting up good numbers too, which he has yet to do. :D

He does throw alot though -

1011281[/snapback]

Not sure all opposing D's would think that is such a bad thing though since it is Warner throwing the ball. If he had more time, I think he could get the job done, I just don't think he has a good enough line to do much with all those attempts.

I wonder if either one (Shipp or Arrington) are going to be that good until the Cards get a respectable QB under center. 

1011240[/snapback]

:D <whistle> Time out on the field. Yo Mama wishes to challenge the accuracy of this assertion.

Kurt Warner after two games:

- 6th best completion ratio for a starting QB so far: 63.6%

- tied for most passes thrown so far: 88

- 4th most passing yards: 591

- only 2 INTs: 17 - or more than half the starting QBs in the NFL - have thrown 2 or more INTs so far.

Yes, he eaten 8 sacks and only thrown 1 TD. But Warner *is* a respectable QB whose doing rather well considering the lack of support he's received thus far from his O-line or the Cards' running game. He's accurate, moving the chains, and not making mistakes.

Edited by yo mama

I agree with yo mama....if they had a respectable running back, he'd be able to make better reads off the coverages....

and I don't think the OL is that bad....the RB's just aren't cutting it...especially since he's only been sacked 8 times with all of those attempts

Edited by Avernus

not making mistakes.

1011432[/snapback]

Except the three fumbles last game against the Rams ... two of which he fortunately recovered.

I'm not saying he is bad, just that he is not doing as good as some thought he would (myself included). They could have won against the Rams.

Heck, if you go by stats right now, Trent Dilfer is a very respectable QB (who woulda thunk that)

Except the three fumbles last game against the Rams ... two of which he fortunately recovered.

1011522[/snapback]

As those fumbles go ... the first one gave STL the ball on ARI's 20 yard line then Bulger threw an INT on the next play and when Warner comes back for the first play of the series he fumbles the second time but recovers it ... his third fumble was on 2nd and goal at the 1 which then led to 3rd and goal and the 4 where he got sacked and then they had to kick a field goal.

:D I'm sure that doesn't do much for his confidence ... and certainly doesn't make him look that great.

Granted, just about any QB you have to respect and still play hard against (insert Boller, Feeley, others joke here), but some definitely more than others.

As those fumbles go ... the first one gave STL the ball on ARI's 20 yard line then Bulger threw an INT on the next play and when Warner comes back for the first play of the series he fumbles the second time but recovers it ...  his third fumble was on 2nd and goal at the 1 which then led to 3rd and goal and the 4 where he got sacked and then they had to kick a field goal. 

:D I'm sure that doesn't do much for his confidence ... and certainly doesn't make him look that great.

Granted, just about any QB you have to respect and still play hard against (insert Boller, Feeley, others joke here), but some definitely more than others.

1011601[/snapback]

I believe the one at the 1 was a bad snap...