[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ricky Williams

Maize N Blue Backer

Will he be the man come week #5?  any hearsay?

1007835[/snapback]

I think Ricky is serving the 4th and final game, of his four game suspension in week 5. Don't forget the Dolphins week 4 bye. Don't think a bye week counts for Ricky as one of his game suspensions, since during a bye, there's no game for him to be suspended from.

It depends on if they win the next couple games. If they are in contention, and Ricky give them the best chance to win - you will see Ricky with a bunch of carries. If there is no chance of them making playoffs (something I would have laughed at a couple weeks ago) than you will see more Brown then Ricky - regardless of who gives them the best chance to win.

I think Brown is a Failure to this point. Ricky is making too much money to sit on the bench.

I say Ricky will play and Brown will relieve him for breathers and when Miami has a lead.

Miami has actually looked decent this year, their defense has been pretty good and the have good receivers.

If they could ever land a decent QB they would be in the running.

I think Brown is a Failure to this point.  Ricky is making too much money to sit on the bench.

I say Ricky will play and Brown will relieve him for breathers and when Miami has a lead.

Miami has actually looked decent this year, their defense has been pretty good and the have good receivers.

If they could ever land a decent QB they would be in the running.

1008587[/snapback]

Ferrotte has been no slouch. He could do quite well for Miami this year

What kills me about Ronnie is that he does not seem to have any instinct. Great backs, even as rookies seem to have great instincts which he does not. He cannot 'smell' holes or approaching tacklers. He just runs it into a bunch of guys and falls down. Someone please tell me that the has skills and this is just a combination of a line not runblocking well and his having missed training camp.

What kills me about Ronnie is that he does not seem to have any instinct.  Great backs, even as rookies seem to have great instincts which he does not.  He cannot 'smell' holes or approaching tacklers.  He just runs it into a bunch of guys and falls down.  Someone please tell me that the has skills and this is just a combination of a line not runblocking well and his having missed training camp.

1008786[/snapback]

This could be a re-cycled Ron Dayne post from 5 years ago.

I think he'll have more success than Dayne.

Ricky is making too much money to sit on the bench.

1008587[/snapback]

Not anymore he's not. I'm not positive if this has changed or not yet, but the last I heard was that he was only making the NFL veteran's minimum salary (minus 4 game checks for his suspension) this season. His old contract with his guaranteed $ is no longer valid (potentially) because he breached it last season.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...ll/12183576.htm

Brown's only had 2 games behind a terrible O-line...I think it's way too early to call him a bust, but I do agree that if Williams stays with the Dolphins, he has a good chance to start shortly after his return.

Ricky is making the league minimum. Look for him to be featured prominately (how the f do you spell that word??? :D) when he returns. Brown has been a bust so far. Actually Sammy Morris has looked better. Look for Brown to be the 3rd down guy when Williams returns.

the only reasonable useage of ricky is to drive his trade value up.

1010273[/snapback]

That was my reasoning behind taking him. He was an 8th rounder, maybe a round or two early, but based on how RBs were flying off the boards I snagged him there, figuring either 1. Brown stinks and Ricky, who was #1 on the depth chart heading into season (whether this was just a "trade showcase" move, who knows??) is handed the keys when he returns, or 2. Brown is great, they play Ricky a little starting Week 6 to bump up his trade value -- which was already in good shape after his strong final pre-season game -- and deal him to a team in need of a starter if/when some attrition his the RB position mid-season. In other words, win-win...I figured he'll starting somewhere by Week 7, 8.

The only "lose" scenario is if they keep Ricky and and make him watch them give Brown all the carries, which I thought was unlikely at my draft and still think is unlikely.

The only "lose" scenario is if they keep Ricky and and make him watch them give Brown all the carries, which I thought was unlikely at my draft and still think is unlikely.

1010350[/snapback]

I do too. Playing him may show Brown how to play as well as increase trade value as Ricky is good with that team.

I got him in the 11th and Fast Willie in the 12th in HOT. Could be 2 good picks.