[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For those about to dump Kevin Jones--

King Croc

you might want to look at last year's numbers:

Week 1: 7 points

Week 2: 7 points

Week 3: 0.8 points

Week 4: Bye

Week 5: DNP

Week 6: 0.5 points

Week 7: 12.5 points

Week 8: 10.7 points

Week 9: 2.3 points

Week 10: 8.8 points

Week 11: 10 points

Week 12: 10.2 points

Week 13: 27.8 points

Week 14: 21.6 points

Week 15: 17.4 points

Week 16: 19.1 points

Week 17: 11.6 points

First of all, it would be ridiculous to drop Jones from you team, so I assume that "dump" means "trade". If that's the case, anyone would be pretty stupid to dump Jones right now. His value is as low as it could possibly be. However, your numbers aren't really relevant, since he wasn't technically starting until Week 7.

:D

1008261[/snapback]

and further reason never to draft a QB in the first round. I can't wait until 2008 when Aaron Rodgers has been starting for 3 years and everyone is calling him a bust and for him to get canned/traded/cut/shot.

Yup... I love seeing teams take QBs in round one, throwing them into the fire w/ a crap team and then wondering why they're skitting/have bad habits, etc..

Todd1  Posted 9/21/05 02:16pm

QUOTE(FredGSanford @ 9/21/05 06:01pm)

thmbup.gif

and further reason never to draft a QB in the first round. I can't wait until 2008 when Aaron Rodgers has been starting for 3 years and everyone is calling him a bust and for him to get canned/traded/cut/shot.

Yup... I love seeing teams take QBs in round one, throwing them into the fire w/ a crap team and then wondering why they're skitting/have bad habits, etc..

What round was Palmer drafted in?

1008459[/snapback]

Or Roethlisberger, Vick, Pennington, McNabb, Culpepper, P Manning, McNair, Aikman, Jim Everett, J Elway, J Kelly, Marino, and others

granted the first three at least initially do not look to be as much quality as the rest of the list at this point, but the facts are the facts ... good quality QB's do come out of the first round too ...

Sure you also have your Tom Brady's and Randall Cunningham's ... but your statement about no good QB's in the first round is as bad of a blanket statement as saying there is always a good QB in the first round.

Facts are the facts ... there are good quality players that you can find in the drafts it is just a matter of choosing right with a little bit of luck and a whole lot of the right situation and factors determining the outcome. IMO

1008459[/snapback]

Palmer also got to sit a full year and wasn't thrown to the wolves to get "Leafed".

Also, how many Super Bowls have Manning, Culpepper, McNabb, McNair, Vick, Pennington, Bledsoe, Losman, Carr, Harrington, Couch, Boller, Palmer, Roethlisberger, Leftwich, Ramsey, Grossman, etc. won?

Palmer also got to sit a full year and wasn't thrown to the wolves to get "Leafed". 

Also, how many Super Bowls have Manning, Culpepper, McNabb, McNair, Vick, Pennington, Bledsoe, Losman, Carr, Harrington, Couch, Boller, Palmer, Roethlisberger, Leftwich, Ramsey, Grossman, etc. won?

1008683[/snapback]

Woops ... I didn't look up the how many First Round draft picks have won the SB stat.

I probably should have since some people around here think that you have to win a SB to be considered a great QB :D

The point I was making is that there are good quality and some even great QB's that have been drafted in Round One.

I know there have been those that have done absolutely squat too ... T Couch, A Smith, R Leaf, Druckenmiller (why did someone draft a guy with a name like that anyway).

I just traded K jones for Tampa Bay defense. I guess that might be considered 'dumping' him. But for me, it makes sense. THe biggest hole on my roster was defense, and I have Willie Parker and Carnell Williams at RB, with Chad Johnson, Joe Horn and Darrell Jackson at WR. With Parker and Williams, I wasn't going to be starting Jones again anytime soon. My starting lineup is stronger now, at the expense of a little depth. Still, it's sad to trade my (late) first round RB for a defense that was picked in the 7th round just a few weeks ago. My pick up of Parker though, gives me that luxury.

I just traded K jones for Tampa Bay defense.  I guess that might be considered 'dumping' him.  But for me, it makes sense.  THe biggest hole on my roster was defense, and I have Willie Parker and Carnell Williams at RB, with Chad Johnson, Joe Horn and Darrell Jackson at WR.  With Parker and Williams, I wasn't going to be starting Jones again anytime soon.  My starting lineup is stronger now, at the expense of a little depth.  Still, it's sad to trade my (late) first round RB for a defense that was picked in the 7th round just a few weeks ago.  My pick up of Parker though, gives me that luxury.

1008753[/snapback]

I would've given you more than a defense for K Jones. Something tells me not having that RB depth is gonna hurt - probably sooner than later.

I would've given you more than a defense for K Jones.  Something tells me not having that RB depth is gonna hurt - probably sooner than later.

1008781[/snapback]

Defense is a pretty significant player in my league. We give bonuses for low yards and points, as well as turnovers, sacks and scores. A top D will score as much as a decent starting WR will -- averaging in the 12-16 points a week range. A bad D will get you 4-8 points a week, so there's a big differential between the top defenses and the bottom.

I know that Harrington sucks...but Jones put up good numbers with him last year...no reason not to do it this year....and when his FB returns...which is likely week 4 or 5.....look out....

1008765[/snapback]

Look Out! He might have a run of 10 yards or more! Gasp! I can't wait...

To give you an idea, in the first 2 weeks, my defenses scored a combined 5 points for me. The Jets got me 3 points in week 1 (gainst Miami), and the Lions got me 2 points against the Bears last week. The Bucs, on the other hand scored 18 points in week 1 and 20 in week 2. Trading a disappointing RB for a good defense makes sense for me. Still, I may end up regretting it.

Last year he was a rookie so that could be attributed to a learning curve.

This year he is supposed to be past the learning curve ... so it is just a matter of the offense stinking up the joint.

1008156[/snapback]

And you can add the other NFC North offenses to that. Benson is a rookie, at least he has an excuse.