[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For those about to dump Kevin Jones--

King Croc

I received an offer of (me getting) Jones K for (him getting) Andre Johnson, both total losers so far this year.  I'm still trying to figure out who's got the better upside.  :D

I think I'll take this over to the FF Advice board.

1010195[/snapback]

You're nuts if you don't do this.

1--> In fantasy football, when trading comparable talents, RB > WR

2--> As bad as it is, the Lions offense > Texans offense, and will be much better once the fullback returns and Harrington is replaced

3--> Look at the late season schedules (Weeks 13-16):

Texans: at Bal, at Ten, Ari, Jax

Lions: Minn, at GB, Cin, at NO

You're nuts if you don't do this. 

1--> In fantasy football, when trading comparable talents, RB > WR

2--> As bad as it is, the Lions offense > Texans offense, and will be much better once the fullback returns and Harrington is replaced

3-->  Look at the late season schedules (Weeks 13-16):

Texans: at Bal, at Ten, Ari, Jax

Lions:  Minn, at GB, Cin, at NO

1011175[/snapback]

I should have mentioned that my league awards a point per reception to WRs / TEs, but not to RBs. This acts as quite a leveller, so it's not as straightforward as it seems.

I just traded K jones for Tampa Bay defense.  I guess that might be considered 'dumping' him.  But for me, it makes sense.  THe biggest hole on my roster was defense, and I have Willie Parker and Carnell Williams at RB, with Chad Johnson, Joe Horn and Darrell Jackson at WR.  With Parker and Williams, I wasn't going to be starting Jones again anytime soon.  My starting lineup is stronger now, at the expense of a little depth.  Still, it's sad to trade my (late) first round RB for a defense that was picked in the 7th round just a few weeks ago.  My pick up of Parker though, gives me that luxury.

1008753[/snapback]

That might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I love how these guys...EVERY YEAR...overreact to week1 & 2. It's too funny. I thank you guys for the entertainment. :D

A starting RB for a Defense? Seriously? I mean, maybe I would understand if the other team through in Neil Rackers and Doug Jolley but straight up for a D???

...that I am not so sure about...

A starting RB for a Defense?  Seriously?  I mean, maybe I would understand if the other team through in Neil Rackers and Doug Jolley but straight up for a D???

...that I am not so sure about...

1011866[/snapback]

Starting rb's aren't a dime a dozen defenses are. Just find out what team is playing the Vikes or Texans and pick up that D from the ww.

Very misleading statistics for all the reasons mentioned above.

The main problem with Kevin Jones is the fact the Joey Harrington doesn't belong in the NFL.

1008183[/snapback]

Agreed, Jones is going to struggle until Harrington starts run blocking better.

Starting rb's aren't a dime a dozen defenses are.  Just find out what team is playing the Vikes or Texans and pick up that D from the ww.

1011874[/snapback]

In a my 12 team league, most weeks the defense playing the Vikings or Texans won't be available. And at $5 per pickup, it's not cheap either.

As for the rest of it, as stated, in my league, defense is a significant player. The differential between a good one and an average one is easily 5 or 6 points per game on average. I don't need another RB, WR, or TE. But I do need a defense. I have Cadillac, Willie Parker, Thomas Jones, Chad Johnson, Joe Horn, Darrell Jackson. Of this group, I need only start 1 RB and WR, with 2 flex. Didn't feel like waiting around for KJ to maybe come around so he could maybe put up numbers close to 2 of the RBs I already have, all the time losing 5-10 points a week from my crappy defenses. It's a 12 team league and even with trading KJ, I still have the deepest roster at RB/WR in my league.