[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just when we thought it safe to start

Big Score 1

Panthers | Davis Misses Practice; Questionable for Week 3

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:59:51 -0700

Correcting previous reports, Carolina Panthers RB Stephen Davis (neck) did not practice Wednesday, Sept. 21. He is listed as questionable for the team's Week 3 game.

And I just traded him away this morning. After watching last Sunday, it appeared that while he still has the will, his body is letting him down. I think he will be lucky to string 3 complete games together this season without some kind of injury getting in his way.

Foster is not much better at avoiding the injury bug. These guys may just take turns being on the injury report the rest of this season.

While I'm no fan of players getting injured, least of all Davis, a player I like and admire, I feel a little better having traded him away for Burelson last week.

Then he scored 3 TD's and was showing no signs of knee trouble.

I was starting to worry that I had made a very bad decision.

Now is the Vikes can just stop the bleeding......

The "neck" part doesn't sound so bad, as long as it's not "knee" I'm not too concerned. The dude is old and coming off serious knee surgery and a 25-carry game against a good defense. He's been in the league for 10 years and this is his 3rd in Carolina. I'm thinking they probably aren't that worried about pushing him too hard to practice as long as he's ready on Sundays. That's just my theory though.

Edited by Skrappy1

While I'm no fan of players getting injured, least of all Davis, a player I like and admire, I feel a little better having traded him away for Burelson last week.

Then he scored 3 TD's and was showing no signs of knee trouble.

I was starting to worry that I had made a very bad decision.

Now is the Vikes can just stop the bleeding......

1008962[/snapback]

Sucks to be you. Burleson is doubtful for this week. How does one ever know? :doah:

Here's hoping the Miami D puts a stake in Stephen Davis this week.

Then a fresh DeShaun Foster will be ready to shred Green Bay in Week Four . . .

1009032[/snapback]

Exactly what I was thinking/praying - I just traded for him. I figure it's a matter of time, and Foster has had even more time to get back to 100% as Davis takes the bulk of the work.

CBSSL does not have Davis listed as questionable yet, they have this.

The Charlotte Observer reports Stephen Davis will continue to receive the glut of the Panthers' carries. "It's something that we try to monitor," head coach John Fox said. "But really at the end of the day, you're going to do what it takes on any given Sunday. Stephen has that attitude and so does everybody on that sideline."

(Updated 09/21/2005).

FANTASY ANALYSIS

Davis is a nice flex starter in leagues with 12-plus teams this week at Miami.

Edited by Roo

Is this the "injury" he got against the Patriots when he was rocked and sat on the ground for a few seconds, and on the first run play back almost broke a 20 yard run for a TD before being tackled on the 1, or is this from practice?

Edited by WaterMan