[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What happends if?

davehb1

Chicago faces in the next 7 games Cin, Cle, Min, Balt, Det, NO, SF - other than a shaky Balt D most of those teams are RB friendly. So what happends if Jones rushes for 6 100yd games - does Benson stay on the bench? And what if Chicago wins this crappy division and Jones rushes for a 1000yds? What happends to Benson?

Chicago faces in the next 7 games Cin, Cle, Min, Balt, Det, NO, SF - other than a shaky Balt D most of those teams are RB friendly. So what happends if Jones rushes for 6 100yd games  - does Benson stay on the bench? And what if Chicago wins this crappy division and Jones rushes for a 1000yds? What happends to Benson?

1008980[/snapback]

if they are smart...they trade T Jones to the Cardinals for a draft pick or the Vikings....and then run Benson

TJ just is not a durable back and if he makes it that far into the season without getting injured I would be surprised. Benson will get his turn sooner rather than later. Holding out in traing camp hurt him a lot for playing time. 17+ million reasons he will start. Trade in the division :D Trade TJ away in the off season.

if they are smart...they trade T Jones to the Cardinals for a draft pick or the Vikings....and then run Benson

1008999[/snapback]

Easier said then done. I am a huge Benson supporter but it is hard to justify taking Jones out of the lineup. I know the salary issue is huge but Benson hasn't proved anything yet. Once he does though, things will start to get interesting.

Chicago faces in the next 7 games Cin, Cle, Min, Balt, Det, NO, SF - other than a shaky Balt D most of those teams are RB friendly. So what happends if Jones rushes for 6 100yd games  - does Benson stay on the bench? And what if Chicago wins this crappy division and Jones rushes for a 1000yds? What happends to Benson?

1008980[/snapback]

I see Chicago actually losing most of these. Maybe a win against clev, and possibly another one if Det continues to struggle.

But if Jones rushed for 6 100 yard games (unlikely)

I see Benson in a limited role, not completely on the bench.

Look at SD, Rivers is still on the bench because of the success of Brees.

If they do in fact win the division, it will be because of GB and MINN falter, not because of Chicago's success. JMHO.

If they are within reach of the Division title AND Jones continues to produce (you know close to 100 yards total a game and few turnovers), he will be their guy.

Lovie Smith can not be more pleased with how he's responded this year after initially being disappointed in the team drafting a runner.

That said, he can't carry the full load or he'll break down. So, he's not the workhorse they want, but yes, in your scenario, TJ is the starter, and Benson is #2.

1008999[/snapback]

I don't think the Bears would trade to a division rival, so that's out...and the last thing the Cardinals will trade for is a RB, they already have the same situation there...If they went the trade route other trade partners could include the Browns, BroncosJets(Martins old),Eagles, 49ers,

I don't think the Bears would trade to a division rival, so that's out...and the last thing the Cardinals will trade for is a RB, they already have the same situation there...If they went the trade route other trade partners could include the Browns, BroncosJets(Martins old),Eagles, 49ers,

1009360[/snapback]

the Cardinals have a young RB who apparently isn't ready...and a backup who is now the #1...and he's no prize....

they'd have TJ for the year and I believe he's a FA after this season...not sure...

Browns could work easy...but Suggs is good too...Niners....they are trying to rewrite their cap history and eagles won't sacrifice their cap room for another Westbrook type player ...even though I'd be all for it as an Eagles fan...

Jets have Blaylock..Broncos...well, let Anderson be a bust and then Dayne suck as well, which doesn't look possible :D:D:D

the Cardinals have a young RB who apparently isn't ready...and a backup who is now the #1...and he's no prize....

they'd have TJ for the year and I believe he's a FA after this season...not sure...

1009369[/snapback]

And TJ started his

nfl career in Arizona and ran out of favor. Though a new coaching regime there now, it is unlikely that he would return.

And TJ started his

nfl career in Arizona and ran out of favor.  Though a new coaching regime there now, it is unlikely that he would return.

1009424[/snapback]

Shipp keeps outperforming "better" backs, likeTJ and Pittman. He did better against Emmitt too until he got hurt. Now he is doing better than JJ.

Obviously Shipp does better with a terrible offensive line than anyone else they can get. It's the Zona Curse.