[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cadillac

notamomo

American car clichés aside, what does everyone think of Cadillac's durability? He already has a slow leak in one of those tires.

Does anyone have the stats on rookie running backs starting every game of the season? I seem to recall they are pretty low. Reasons are Hitting the Rookie Wall, much harder hitters in the NFL, blocking for blitz pick-up, etc...

I'm also trying to pick up Pittman this week. But Cadillac seems like a prime candidate for an injury or a late season melt-down. Thoughts?

American car clichés aside, what does everyone think of Cadillac's durability? He already has a slow leak in one of those tires.

Does anyone have the stats on rookie running backs starting every game of the season? I seem to recall they are pretty low. Reasons are Hitting the Rookie Wall, much harder hitters in the NFL, blocking for blitz pick-up, etc...

I'm also trying to pick up Pittman this week. But Cadillac seems like a prime candidate for an injury or a late season melt-down. Thoughts?

1009387[/snapback]

He lifts weights 3 times a week to sterngthen his legs so he can break tackles and be strong for the season. I think he and Gruden will handle the rookie wall issues.

Cadillac has never been an injury plagued RB throughout his career. Suffered a broken leg in 2002, but other than that - injury free.

I have noticed the same thing about the nagging injuries (hand, now foot) that have hit him during the first 2 weeks, but geez, considering the sport he plays, I'd think things like this are fairly common and alot of times unreported.

But as far as Pittman goes - I've got him shelved.......just in case.

I am trying to get Pittman but the guy that has him is holding him hostage and wont trade. My teams have defeated him twice a year for I dont know how long, knocking him from the playoffs several times.

Been kickin his hindquarter for years and dont see any reason to stop now... but the only way I get Pittman is if he cuts him.

I think it would be good insurance... its only week 2 and Caddy is hurtin... said hes never taken this kind of punishment.

Because, so far, other than Edgerrin James, no other rookie RB starting all 16 games in a regular season has been mentioned here.  Seems like the odds are against him.

1011780[/snapback]

As mentioned above ... same is true for LT ... Portis played all 16 (started 12) ... C Mart played all 16 (started 15) ... M Faulk started all 16 ... so there are more

LT, E George, and Portis all started or at least played in all 16 games and put up more than decent stats their rookie years.

1011154[/snapback]

Because, so far, other than Edgerrin James, no other rookie RB starting all 16 games in a regular season has been mentioned here.  Seems like the odds are against him.

1011780[/snapback]

:D

There's no reason to think he won't go the distance. Other than the fact that he was wearing a protective boot after last week and clearly not at 100%.

Given that, I have to say that when you have a clear stud RB, it's probably always a good move to pick up a backup if there is a clear, solid, healthy one is available.

Every RB is just one play away from a torn ACL.

This interests me. I'm curious to think which clear stud RBs are worth protecting. I am going to submit another post

What makes you guys think Michael Pittman will suddenly be any good if Carnell Williams gets hurt? Personally, I've seen enough of Pittman over the years to realize that there are better options out there. If you ever find yourself writing the name Pittman into your starting line-up, I hate to tell you this, but you're screwed.

If you ever find yourself writing the name Pittman into your starting line-up, I hate to tell you this, but you're screwed.

1013695[/snapback]

Pittman was a viable starter in PPR leagues last year and if Caddy goes down (I'm not suggesting he will - I'm just sayin') I don't see any reason Pittman couldn't be a viable starter this year too.

Pittman was a viable starter in PPR leagues last year and if Caddy goes down (I'm not suggesting he will - I'm just sayin') I don't see any reason Pittman couldn't be a viable starter this year too.

1013714[/snapback]

I concur ... if a feature back goes down, there will not be too many backups that will put up numbers that Pittman does especially with PPR like Steeler said.

In 13 games last year the guy had over 1300 total yards, 10 tds, and 41 receptions.

Pittman had more total yards and td's last year than Kevin Jones and Duece McAllister. He played one more game than Jamal Lewis and had about 200 more yards than Lewis and 3 more td's. He had more td's than Clinton Portis, Thomas Jones, Kevin Barlow, or Chris Brown.

And the thing is, most people either drafted him towards the end of the draft or even were able to get him off waivers. While at least three of those mentioned above went in the first 2 or 3 rounds.

He got it done last year :D

Oh, Ok.  I guess he's good.

I always thought he sucked.

1013825[/snapback]

He lead the league in fumbles last year however the Bucs think he has fixed that. He had a pretty productive season last year. Caddy bulked up over the summer and is now listed at 217. The protective boot is only a precaution and the world is not going to end. He was out on the practice field yesterday running with the first team offense.

:D good point.  However, in the preseason he didnt fumble at all.  Also, Pittman doesnt sit on the bench that much.  They use alot of 2 back sets.

1015601[/snapback]

OK, so he never had a fumbling problem.

It was all a figment of everyone's imagination.

Pittman is the second coming of Walter Payton.

He's great, he's wonderful, everyone grap him off waivers or trade for him immediately.

OK, so he never had a fumbling problem.

It was all a figment of everyone's imagination.

Pittman is the second coming of Walter Payton.

He's great, he's wonderful, everyone grap him off waivers or trade for him immediately.

1015677[/snapback]

No, but he is a great option if Caddy gets injured. Why not give yourself some insurance?