[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blinded by loyalty

I' trying to decide whether I should start Trent Green (at Denver) or Jake Delhomme (at Miami) this week. Trent hasn't been the trent of old, and the Bronco D looked pretty good against SD last week. Jake hasn't exactly come roaring out of the gate either this year, but I just don't see Miami being a huge challenge, especially given last week's game against New England.

The problem is, I'm a life-long, orange-bleeding Broncos fan and well aware that I may be reading more into the Broncos D as a result. I'm leaning toward giving Green the start (I mean, how many games can he really go without a TD??), but can't bring myself to pull the trigger.

Any thoughts from the community at large?

I'm starting T. green in lieu of C. Pennington again on one of my leagues. I figure since its a huge division rivarly game on a monday night. Their should be alot of scoring. T. Green should break out and if denver focuses on the run to much he might come out and throw for 300 and couple of tds. Well maybe not 300, I'll settle for 250.

I think Carolina will run alot more then pass against miami. Go with Green!!!!!!

Trent hasn't been the trent of old,

1010303[/snapback]

Actually, look at Trent's stats in the first few games of the year and he always start out slow in getting multi td games and tons of yards. Here is his week 3 stats for the past 4 years ...

2004 - Week 3 v. HOU

21/30, 224yds, 3 td, 1int

2003 - Week 3 v. HOU

16/28, 262yds, 1td, 2int

2002 - Week 3 v. NE

16/25, 149yds, 3td, 2int

2001 - Week 3 v. WAS

21/26, 307yds, 3td, 0int

I posted these in another thread in the other forum, but heh hasn't done too bad. Playing on MNF wouldn't be bad either ... only concern which was brought up was that without Roaf there at tackle the blocking is not as good and they would risk giving a blitz on Green a lot easier. That seems like a valid concern but I'm not sure. I think the production out of either of them will be pretty similar this week with a slight edge going to Green.