[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cardinals interested in trade for Vikings' Bennett

Fantasy Jesus

That's true, but their starting center didn't play in game 1 vs a solid Giant run defense... week 2 was better... again, 'wait and see' mode...

1011032[/snapback]

They'll come together as the season progressing... definitely a big boost to get Stepanovich back at center. I still see Arrington doing well if/when that happens later this season. If we get Bennett out here too... we'll just take the Vikings RBBC problem and move it down to our neck of the woods. Fantastic! :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sportsline mentions this in the sticker next to Bennett's name...

Bennett to be traded? Updated 9/22/05

Bennett, Michael RB MIN

News: The Star-Tribune reports the Arizona Cardinals have inquired about a trade for Michael Bennett. Head coach Dennis Green drafted Bennett when he was in Minnesota.  Analysis: Most NFL trades don't happen in-season, so this is probably just talk. Bennett will start in Week 3, but he's a real gamble at this point. 

Yeah... but a lot of assumptions still... Bennet could wind up sharing in Ari too...with Shipp AND JJ around... but the rook probably falls to the bench if this happened.

1010935[/snapback]

Arizona's main problem is blocking. Bennett won't help there at all.

I have always thought that Bennett was an overrated RB in the NFL. Not because he has been injured or hasn't gotten enough live-game opportunities, but because he has not timing at hitting the holes, and has absolutely no moves on the field besides running straight ahead real fast.

I have been hoping that they would trade him for a while now. Please let this happen! I don't care what the Fantasy ramifications are. I just want him off of my Vikings team.

Kinda the same in Viking land Kung-fu Midgets. Until their O'line gets sorted out, the running game will suffer....no matter who is toting the rock. But, all things being equal, IF Tice commits to just 1 RB and IF Tice decides Moore is that 1 RB, the Viking run game will be better.

However we're talking about Meathead here.  :D

I expect him to continue doing as he has done. Can't decide on just 1 RB, so Fason will now get the touches Bennett used to get. The Viking run game stays discombobulated and will continue to suck not only for Fantasy purposes, but in the real NFL world as well.

1011029[/snapback]

And another problem with the Vikings is that none of their receivers are getting separation in their routes. Culpepper is faced with a crumbling pocket and no open receivers. No defense is going to fear their passing game, and until that happens I think the running game goes nowhere as well.

The only possible benefactor in this potential trade (which will probably never happen anyway) would be Bennett.

And another problem with the Vikings is that none of their receivers are getting separation in their routes. 

1012401[/snapback]

Check out this video

Granted its only one play. The 1st game Culpepper was pressured alot, the Oline played better the 2nd game. Culpepper needs his confidence back.

The slot receiver going across the middle is wide open on this play.

1012509[/snapback]

Well, I was just kidding. There are receivers open on EVERY play is what I meant to say.

• 2 weeks later...

This story just doesn't die . . .

subscription newspaper site. no link.

• 03OCT05 AM Mercury News : Expect the Cardinals to pull the trigger on a trade for Minnesota TB Michael Bennett before the Oct. 18 deadline. Arizona has been talking to the Vikings about the deal, and coach Dennis Green reportedly wants Bennett to agree to a long-term contract with the Cardinals. Bennett is scheduled to become a free agent after this season. Arizona wants Bennett and will offer him a chance to do well. Plus, he knows Green, who as Minnesota's coach drafted him in the 1st round in 2001. The day Green was fired, Bennett watched the coach's farewell news conference in tears. Bennett doesn't fit in Minnesota anymore, and that's why all the Vikings want in return is a 6th-round draft choice. Bennett, a good change-of- pace back, has great speed

I don’t see Bennett amounting to much, but I have offered up Eric Moulds to the Bennett owner to try to get in under the curve. I am tired of starting Moulds and the best way to not start him is to get rid of him.

Antonio Bryant and Muhsin are off bye weeks now and TJ has been money so Im not worried about anyone JP Loserman is throwing it to.

I have to say, that apparently the coaching staff (not sure that term is appropriate here, but...) is not happy with Ciatrick Faison, and I thought they were earlier in the season. This does come into play here, as I would have thought that yesterday would have been a good time to get the kid in there for a play or two. Moe Williams out for the game, Bennett obviously out of the picture. I just cannot believe the Vikes would trade Bennett if they were unhappy with Faison, especially for a #6 draft pick next season. What happens if Moore gets hurt? Moe Williams cannot withstand the #1 duties for long. He's been hurt twice already this season. And they won't even play Faison. So, on that alone, I'd say Bennett will be with the team for depth, as sad as that sounds.

This is probably going to happen. The trade deadline works perfectly into the Cardinals bye week in week 6. Then with Bennett as the starter he comes back to play the next 7 games against Ten, Dal, Sea, Det, StL, Jac, SF - other than Jac none of these teams can stop the run - pick him up now barring injury he'll be worth it...

This is probably going to happen. The trade deadline works perfectly into the Cardinals bye week in week 6. Then with Bennett as the starter he comes back to play the next 7 games against Ten, Dal, Sea, Det, StL, Jac, SF - other than Jac none of these teams can stop the run - pick him up now barring injury he'll be worth it...

1040630[/snapback]

I still don't see it, but a trade for Ricky Williams may make sense.

1040817[/snapback]

The problem with that is Williams is going to be worth much more than a 5-6th round draft pick, Miami will at least want a 2nd rounder for him - and who's going to give that up for a guy who hasnt played in 2 years. Plus by the time he starts playing and teams can see what he's got left the trading deadline will be past.

I see Miami giving him the rock the last few games to showcase him for an offseason trade...

I have to say, that apparently the coaching staff (not sure that term is appropriate here, but...) is not happy with Ciatrick Faison, and I thought they were earlier in the season. This does come into play here, as I would have thought that yesterday would have been a good time to get the kid in there for a play or two. Moe Williams out for the game, Bennett obviously out of the picture. I just cannot believe the Vikes would trade Bennett if they were unhappy with Faison, especially for a #6 draft pick next season. What happens if Moore gets hurt? Moe Williams cannot withstand the #1 duties for long. He's been hurt twice already this season. And they won't even play Faison. So, on that alone, I'd say Bennett will be with the team for depth, as sad as that sounds.

1040436[/snapback]

because they have Onterrio Smith, who is better than them all..

1040817[/snapback]

Yes, it's time for Zygi to make a splash and trade for Ricky Williams.

Forget "Thunder & Lightning."

Next year when SOD comes back the Vikings can trot out "Cheech & Chong" every week. :D