[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Players are hip to Fantasy Football

Spartans91

Pretty good stuff here.  It is funny to know that the players are so aware of it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/fant...page/index.html

1011643[/snapback]

Holmes - "You think a guy's going to have over 300 yards passing in a game and he winds up with a 100-yard passing game and six interceptions. You just cannot tell what's going to happen on any given Sunday."

[cough.....culpepper....cough] :D

good article btw

MGM

Priest has always been pro FF, he usually posts messages on his site stating to play him this week cause he's gonna go off, like they all don't think that :D

And to think that jack0ff Ram Tough f@#$t@rd wants him to get hurt :D

Edited by Hat Trick

When Priest went down and out for good last year, he apologized to his fantasy owners for letting them down. Also, of his abrupt retirement, Ricky Williams said something along the lines of "At least I retired before fantasy drafts, otherwise all the fantasy football players who picked me would want to kill me."

The players know what's going on, and what's helping grow the popularity of their league -- and in a roundabout way, their paychecks -- beyond all rational expectations.

When Priest went down and out for good last year, he apologized to his fantasy owners for letting them down. Also, of his abrupt retirement, Ricky Williams said something along the lines of "At least I retired before fantasy drafts, otherwise all the fantasy football players who picked me would want to kill me."

The players know what's going on, and what's helping grow the popularity of their league -- and in a roundabout way, their paychecks -- beyond all rational expectations.

1014065[/snapback]

On Priest website he announced he was done for the season before anyone else including his team had made it official. He also said, "I hope you can still rack up the points without me."

Not to quote myself, but it's related, so I will...:D

For my book I interviewed the Bears' Patrick Mannelly, one of the best -- if not THE best -- long snappers in the NFL. I just thought it'd be cool to get the POV of someone who is on the inside, but doesn't play a FF-related position, vs. a Moss or Priest (who also never returned my calls, but who's counting).

Anyway, I asked him how most NFL players feel about FF, and he said that they pretty much love it because it only helps grow NFLPA revenues, give lower-tier players more visability, and, most importantly, grows the popularity of the game in general. His main response was, "Hey, all you FF junkies, keep on playing, we're with ya!"

He also had stories of the training camp back when ATrain was on Chicago and a viable fantasy RB, with ATrain owners harassing him daily to get more carries or score more, etc. ATrain was like, "Chill out, it's only training camp." Also, Mannelly would often be out with his good friend Chris Chandler when FF playes would come up to them in a restaurant or something and say, "Chandler, you screwed me this weekend!"...Chandler's response was typically, "Well, why the hell are you starting me to begin with?! Manage your team better, pal." Always thought that was pretty funny, a pro QB whose lack of ego allows him to realize his true value in FF.

Related note: you Bears' fans should appreciate what you have in a player like Pat Mannelly. Simply great at his unheralded-but-vital position, and a real terrific guy. Also, trivia-wise, he's the son-in-law of baseball (and surgery) legend Tommy John. Who knew...