[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

C.Palmer or J. Plummer

Tally

Palmer has been great so far, no doubt, but a Monday night game vs. the Chiefs D is very tempting. Everyone steps up for MNF right? Also, I’m not buying that KC’s D is so improved. Not yet. Collins should have had 3 TD’s against KC last week (if not for that terrible call against Moss) But, I’m also not that sure about the CHI D either. So far CHI has played 2 very week offenses (Wash&Det) so are they for real? It's really hard to bench a guy that hasent done anything wrong, but if I dont start Plummer this week, I dont know when I ever will. Most of the predictions I’ve read so far have Plummer getting better stats this week. Who would you start?

Edited by Tally

Palmer should start 16 weeks for you no matter what the matchup!

1011799[/snapback]

It's obvious your a Palmer owner. Maybe if I had Vick on my roster, but Plummer is a real option and must be considered when the matchups are there.

It's obvious your a Palmer owner. Maybe if I had Vick on my roster, but Plummer is a real option and must be considered when the matchups are there.

1013736[/snapback]

Matchups mean nothing when comparing Palmer and Plummer. If you bench Palmer trying to guess what 3 weeks out of the year Plummer does not play like a idiot, then you deserve the agony.

Edited by NavinRJohnson

Palmer EVERY WEEK over Plummer.  You never have to worry about where to post this question again!  :D

1011804[/snapback]

Palmer every week? Sorry dude but that’s just a retarded comment. This is a legit question and will be asked when the matchups clearly favor Plummer, like they do this week.

Plummer threw for 4,000 yards and 28TD's last year. He had basically the same fantasy points as Trent Green and B. Farve in 2004. He's an excellent option this week and that’s why every expert including DD predicts that Plummer will have the better week. I can think of numerous reasons to start Plummer. MNF, guys step it up, great history vs. KC, it’s a home game, better chance for garbage time points and Plummer is just due for a good game.

Not one person gave me a logical reason to start Palmer. Why should I start him over the guy that clearly has the better match up? Even Chad Johnson was quoted yesterday as saying the CHI D has no weakness.

As of right now J. Plummer is in my starting lineup.

Matchups mean nothing when comparing Palmer and Plummer.  If you bench Palmer trying to guess what 3 weeks out of the year Plummer does not play like a idiot, then you deserve the agony.

1013757[/snapback]

It’s my job to try and find those 3 weeks when the better player doesn’t necessarily get the most points that week, and take a calculated , well-analyzed risk. That "always start your studs" crap doesn’t fly with me, not one bit. I like logic not brainless clichés.

Also, my league doesn’t penalize for INT, he can throw 5 of them for all I care, as long as they come with 275-300yards and 2-3 TD's

... Even Chad Johnson was quoted yesterday as saying the CHI D has no weakness.

1013761[/snapback]

The only weakness CHI D has, is that they will give up 3 TDs against Carson Palmer. Start him! :D You never want to keep a player like Palmer with that talent and that amount of talent around him out of your lineup. I even start Palmer this week over Hasselbeck vs. the Cards.

Edited by Baron

1013761[/snapback]

Good luck. I guess you really weren't interested in the advice. If you're so stuck on Plummer, why ask the question? If you actualy read the replies above you will see that YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE who feels that way. :D

Edited by NavinRJohnson

Palmer every week? Sorry dude but that’s just a retarded comment. This is a legit question and will be asked when the matchups clearly favor Plummer, like they do this week.

Plummer threw for 4,000 yards and 28TD's last year. He had basically the same fantasy points as Trent Green and B. Farve in 2004. He's an excellent option this week and that’s why every expert including DD predicts that Plummer will have the better week. I can think of numerous reasons to start Plummer.  MNF, guys step it up, great history vs. KC, it’s a home game, better chance for garbage time points and Plummer is just due for a good game.

Not one person gave me a logical reason to start Palmer. Why should I start him over the guy that clearly has the better match up? Even Chad Johnson was quoted yesterday as saying the CHI D has no weakness.

1013761[/snapback]

Why are you bothering us if you have this so figured out!

Well,I think you have to go with the matchup at this point with Palmer and Plummer. I own Plummer and Farve and have to make a choice as well.

I think for you and me Plummer has the best chance to score the most points although he may not be the best QB out of the two but all we want is point and Plummer should give us that.

Then how do you explain drafting Jake Plummer?  :D

1013803[/snapback]

I explain it with 4,000 passing yards and 28Td's ( same fanatsy points as Farve and Green ) except I drafted him 3-6 rounds later than those guys get drafted. It's called a value pick. He's an excellent value based on his draft position.

Well,I think you have to go with the matchup at this point with Palmer and Plummer. I own Plummer and Farve and have to make a choice as well.

I think for you and me Plummer has the best chance to score the most points although he may not be the best QB out of the two but all we want is point and Plummer should give us that.

1013813[/snapback]

Agreed. Even if were wrong and Palmer does have the better game, it wont be by much. I think theres very little risk with this decison and good amount of upside.

Last year I heard lot of the anti-Plummer talk, but I liked his numbers so I traded for him late in the year anyway. Bounced me out of the playoffs in the first round.

now, if you don't get negative points for interceptions, Plummer looks like a better play than he would usually (his potential to kill you is limited)

logical reasons? Plummer is unpredictable. and in his last 4 games (going back to last season) he has 5 TD passes, 4 of which came last year (none last week against the "vaunted" Chargers pass-D that Bledsoe picked apart).

Lifetime vs. KC he has 7 TDs vs 9 picks in 7 games.

so, look for 1 TD from Plummer on average.

Palmer has 10TDs in his last 4 dating back to last season, 5 of them this season, (the 5 last year came against baltimore and I believe New england, who some people used to think were good Defenses)

He's never played Chicago before, but you could probably expect 2TDs.

I'd go with Palmer. the matchup may look like it favors Plummer, but he defies reason sometimes. plus, it was agianst KC that his poor preformace took me out of the playoffs.

um, the cardinal rule of fantasy football...always start your studs. End of story.

I'm between Plummer and Brees. Wish I had the luxury of not stewing over who to start by having a stud like Palmer to choose from.

By the way, I live in Denver, and Jake just does not seem right this year. Probably only a couple more games before he's flipping off fans again

i will also add some advice that you will ignore since you have already made up your mind.

palmer is the better start because he is the better qb playing on the better team. when you have the better player at the position playing on a better team, the odds are very nicely in your favor that you will have the better results. since fantasy football is a game of odds, this should dictate your start.

playing on a monday night does not make you, or your team any better. denver is not very good right now. palmer has more yards passing, more TDs, and fewer interceptions.

but go ahead ... ignore all this. it's monday night.

tony