[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice Needed

Nuke LaLoosh

Scoring: 1 pt for 30yds passing/10 rec yds. and 6 pts/TD. Must start 1 QB and 3 WRs each week along with 2 RBs, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 Def/ST

MY TEAM:

QB: Palmer, Favre, Carr

RB: Alexander, Barber, CuMart, M. Anderson, Benson

WR: T. Holt, S. Smith, Chambers, Engram, R. Smith, McCareins

TE: Pollard, Wiggins

K: Vinatierri, Hanson

Def/ST: Bears, Giants

HIS TEAM:

QB: Daunte, Warner, Volek

RB: McGahee, S. Davis, Bennett, T. Bell, Ricky Williams

WR: Boldin, A. Johnson, McCardell, Galloway, C. Rogers

TE: Crumpler, Franks

K: Longwell, Keading

Def/ST: Bills, Colts

He has offered me Daunte and A. Johnson for Favre and S. Smith. I want to tighten up my QB situtation in case Palmer isn't the real deal. I know Daunte and Johnson will probably bounce back so now would be the time to do the deal. However, I'm thinking of asking for Boldin instead of A. Johnson.

Should I even do this deal? I have the most points in my 10-team league and I don't have to do a deal.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Edited by Nuke LaLoosh

Tough call. Palmer looks to be the real deal to me and you are certainly taking a hit at WR.

But Daunte should rebound at some point, possibly providing you with trade bait down the road to improve your WR and/or RB situation. A. Johnson is the #1 at HOU.

I'd probably do this deal and take my chances....but it's risky

I think you should do it cuz Farve is done and so is his career.

Daunte just has to learn how to read the field again without Moss.

When he does he will put up better numbers than Farve.

And when Troy Williamson gets in the starting line up his stats will rise big time.

Edited by Shotgun Messiahs

I wouldn't do Favre and S.Smith for Culpepper and A.Johnson.

Andre is a great receiver, but he is marooned in a lousy offense.

While Favre is entering a bit of a decline, he will still put up yardage and some TD's. He has proven this already this season. The Vikings' offense is in disarray and it is difficult to make a case that Culpepper will definitely be better than Favre the rest of the way. Especially if there is no bonus for a running QB in your scoring format.

I think you have to make an objective case for exactly how Culpepper and the Vikings will improve to be enough better than Favre the rest of the way to justify giving up Smith for Johnson. I can't do it.