[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favorite Microbrew

devilwoman

As an avid hop head I gotta disagree.  Deschutes makes great beer but I don't think that Qualye Springs is one of their better beers. 

A couple of lesser known breweries in your area (if you are from Seattle) that make great IPA's are Snoqualmie Falls, Whidey Island (I think that is their name,  they have an IPA called Diamond Naught), and Boundary Bay.

1018400[/snapback]

Ok, I was going to say that you are quite obviously delusional but you brought up another of my favorite breweries so we'll let it go. I live all of 5 minutes away from Snoqualmie Falls Brewery. Their IPA is very good...as is there PGA (or Snoqualmie Summit when served at the ski resort).

Twiley was out a few years ago and almost got us thrown out of the Alaskan Brewery. Lesson learned: If the SnowCap is out of season, don't repeatedly demand it.

I can't leave Mac & Jacks off this list either:

http://www.cascadebrewersguild.org/macnjack.asp

Edited by Seattle LawDawg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twiley was out a few years ago and almost got us thrown out of the Alaskan Brewery.  Lesson learned:  If the SnowCap is out of season, don't repeatedly demand it.

http://www.cascadebrewersguild.org/macnjack.asp

1018649[/snapback]

So what would you like - bartender

I'll take a SnowCap - twiley

It's seasonal, we don't have it - bartender

Ok then, I'll take a SnowCap - twiley

Sir, I'm sorry. It's seasonal - bartender

Cool, I can live with that, how about a snow cap - twiley

darnit sir for the last time it's seasonal, WE DON'T HAVE IT. - bartender

OK, Ok, how about a snowcap then - twiley

Bartender walks away muttering

So where's that snowcap - twiley

ugh - bartender

:D

Edited by twiley

All the beers I have in heavy rotation have been mentioned here, (Redhook ESB, Deschutes: Mirror Pond Ale or Black Butte Porter, Alaskan Amber or Summer Ale, & Mac and Jacks African Amber from right here in Redmond) but I couple more I like:

Bridgeport Blue Heron

http://www.bridgeportbrew.com/bp-brews-blueheron.html

Lagunitas - Pretty high Quality, I like their IPA

http://www.lagunitas.com/

Northcoast

http://northcoastbrewing.com/rasputin.html

Old Rasputin Imperial Stout is Awesome Edited: Good Call Unateve!

& if you're in Whitefish MT, Stop by Great Northern Brewing Co.

http://www.blackstarbeer.com/newsite/welcome.htm

4 rotating seasonal taps, consistantly high quality

By the way, a question for you NW folks: There was a beer out maybe 3 or 4 years ago that was called "Sammamish Brown trout Ale" or something similar, I really liked it & drank the HECK out of it the entire year, but I haven't seen it since. Does anyone remember this beer?

Edited by Bonehand

By the way, a question for you NW folks: There was a beer out maybe 3 or 4 years ago that was called "Sammamish Brown trout Ale" or something similar, I really liked it & drank the HECK out of it the entire year, but I haven't seen it since. Does anyone remember this beer?

1018881[/snapback]

Skagit Valley Brewing Company? I won a shirt from them in a brewing competition that had the Brown Trout in a circular type pattern.

Skagit Valley Brewing Company?  I won a shirt from them in a brewing competition that had the Brown Trout in a circular type pattern.

1018897[/snapback]

Hmmm. Maybe. It might have been an one shot or seasonal, as their website has a "Steelie Brown Ale" but It doesn't look like what I remember. I had their Scullers IPA at NW Brewfest & wasn't dazzled. Logo was better than the beer. :D

Hmmm. Maybe. It might have been an one shot or seasonal, as their website has a "Steelie Brown Ale" but It doesn't look like what I remember. I had their Scullers IPA at NW Brewfest & wasn't dazzled. Logo was better than the beer.  :D

1018914[/snapback]

I know the Fish Brewery in Olympia had a Brown Trout Ale but I don't remember if Sammamish was included in the name.

Dang those look fabulous.

I plan on trying each submission...if I can find them here in Alaska.

1019531[/snapback]

Alaskan makes a smoked porter that is absolutely delicious you should try and find it.

If you go to the Brown Jug Warehouse in Anchorage you can find a lot of these beers.

August Schell Brewing Company Local Bockfest - 1st weekend in Feb.

Normal high temperature is about 10-15 degrees - Fire pits with hot irons to carmelize your beer :D:D

1023864[/snapback]

schell has some great beers.. i like Schmaltz's Alt

yummy

Alaskan makes a smoked porter that is absolutely delicious you should try and find it. 

If you go to the Brown Jug Warehouse in Anchorage you can find a lot of these beers.

1020089[/snapback]

China Poot Porter is my favorite dark beer. It is made in Homer AK. I'm not much into dark heavy beers but I do like this one.