[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Trade - Opinions?

Down The Middle

I think I would still give up Bulger for Manning. Mannings stats are down. but they will rise as they need to and I do not believe their defense is as good as their slow paced offense is making it look(although Freeney is awesome).I think they will end up needing to pass more and Manning will throw up big stats in those games where they do.

Plus I am not very impressed how the Ram offense has been playing considering the teams they have faced so far this year.

I'd first try getting him cheap (maybe Lefwich and Lewis/Chambers?) and see what he says. Probably reject it on face, but a lot of people have already put nails into Peyton's coffin and could be ripe for a steal. If you get points for receiptions, there may be at least some interest in Lewis anyway.

Bulger for Manning seems strong in the long run, but be wary of the short-run too. I'd take a look at the teams you're hitting over the next couple of weeks and see how much power you need from your QB. THe Colts next real challenge won't come until November against the Pats, whereas the rams have three tough running Ds over the next three weeks. Probably means more passing and better fantasy numbers from Bulger until then.

I'd do that trade. Much too much fire power in that offense to play sluggish all season long. As much as teams try to change their persona you are who you are and that eventually comes out. Manning throws TDs... the Indy offense runs through Manning. He would be a steal if you could get him right now.

Edited by alexandernevermind

Thanks guys - a lot of great input.

I threw the trade out there for him to think about - I had to add Tiki for CuMar to the deal.  We will see..

1022085[/snapback]

I would not do this now. Barber IMO is the best player being traded in this deal. Martin is in for a long year(especially with no QB)

I would stop this deal before he accepts it if it were me.

I would not do this now. Barber IMO is the best player being traded in this deal. Martin is in for a long year(especially with no QB)

1022122[/snapback]

Doc,

I hear you - my thought was that DD and JJones would be my primary with CuMar a backup. That is the only reason I considered trading Tiki.

1022122[/snapback]

IMO, Manning is the best player in this deal and Tiki does not get in the way of this deal...So now it's Bulger + Tiki for Manning and CuMar. CuMar would be your 3rd RB. Still sounds like a good deal to me.

Even though I still think it's a solid offer, I see no reason why Bulger can't keep this up.

I agree you are buying Peyton low, buy I don't think you are neccessariliy selling Bulger high.

All he does is throw, and he's pretty good at it. With the talent in Holt/Jackson/Curtis he should be solid most weeks. If you can live with the picks, you'll rack up plenty of TDs too.

(my only real concern with Bulger is the weak protection)

Edited by Roo

I'm considering a Manning offer of my own.

Something like Brooks and Willie Parker for Manning and KJ Harris.

Yes, I know KJ Harris wasn't rostered by the Dolphins and I will cut him for a free agent as soon as he is on my team.

Will be interesting to see if the Manning owner goes for it. He has Bledsoe and was very frustrated to have started Manning with Bledsoe on the bench this week.

I'm considering a Manning offer of my own.

Something like Brooks and Willie Parker for Manning and KJ Harris.

Yes, I know KJ Harris wasn't rostered by the Dolphins and I will cut him for a free agent as soon as he is on my team.

Will be interesting to see if the Manning owner goes for it.  He has Bledsoe and was very frustrated to have started Manning with Bledsoe on the bench this week.

1022411[/snapback]

So this one boils down to Parker for Manning - I like this trade - Parker will soon enter the RBBC with pitt. I could be wrong, but that is the way it is looking.