[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 4

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi HughOne!

I started a post below about a trade with a friend in my league. We have offered and counter-offered until my fingers hurt from typing.

The primary players in the deal are me giving Parker and him giving me Portis. He thinks Portis is worth more than just Parker and wants me to "throw in" Reggie Wayne. I think Parker and Wayne for Portis and Michael Clayton is fair. I don't think he will do it, but before I offer, what do you think?

OK, Hughie boy, any thoughts on this one? I got four "do it's" in the original post, but would love your opinion.

Team/scoring below.

Possible deal:

I give: Plummer, Deuce, Ricky

He gives: Peyton, L.Jordan.

Deuce has been good, not great, as NO seems to be one of those teams that falls behind early and then abandons the run (f'n Haslett ) Peyton will come around. If Deuce is gone, I would have Caddy, Jordan a starters, with Willie in the wings. Jordan is only 2pts behind Deuce in our league scoring for RBs.

So, I guess it comes down to which starting lineup do you like better here on out:

LINEUP 1

QB: Plummer (McNair)

RBs: Deuce, Caddy (Willie, Ricky, Jacobs, Benson)

WRs: Holt, S.Smith (Muhsin)

TE: Witten

D: CAR

K: Tynes

or

LINEUP 2

QB: Peyton (McNair)

RBs: Caddy, Jordan (Willie, Jacobs, Benson)

WRs: Holt, S.Smith (Muhsin)

TE: Witten

D: CAR

K: Tynes

:D

Hey Hugh,

In the hopes you pick this list backup, I have two WDIS questions I'd apprecaite your take on.

My first running back is Julius Jones. For my second starting RB I have to decide between:

C. Dillion vs. SD

S. Davis vs. GB

Their matchups seems pretty similiar, as is their performance to-date. I'm leaning towards Davis for the MNF effect, but last time I leaned his way it was a mistake.

The other question is WR. I'm starting Branch vs. SD in my first slot, but the second is between:

Ro. Smith @ Jax

Glenn @Oak

Don't think Bennet vs. Colts is as good an option. Love the Bronc, but worried about the matchup as well as the concussion -- leaning towards Glenn. Seems to be hot and could be a good matchup.

Thanks man. Always apprecaite your time and help.

Hugh-

Need some advice for my 3 WR and team DEF.

Battle vs. ARI (in Mexico City)

or

Engram @ WAS

Leaning towards Battle based on matchup, but Engram has been pretty solid (we get pts. for receptions) and Battle is nursing a hammy injury.

SF vs. ARI

or

CAR vs. GB

I'm thinking some good sacks and INT's in the SF and ARI game, but we get penalized for points allowed. GB has not looked great and CAR is playing at home on Monday night - will they stuff the Pack?

Thanks - team and scoring in sig.

Hugh- Pick 3

Clayton(TB) vs. Det

Driver(GB) vs. @Car

Mason(Balt) vs. Jets

D.Jackson(Sea) vs. @ Wash

Fitzgerald(Ariz) vs. SF

Glenn(Dal) vs. @ Oak

Performance League-Thanks

1030451[/snapback]

Clayton - Probably won't be much of a need to pass in this one, which will result in low numbers from Clayton. Bench please.

Driver - #1 option on a team that will be forced to throw A LOT on MNF. And we all know what Favre does on Monday Nights. Granted, Driver's getting doubled a lot, but he should get a lot of chances. Start please.

Mason - Good WR on a team with no passing attack. You have better options this week. Bench please.

DJax - Well, he'll face a tough defense, in what may be a low scoring game, but as the primary target on a team that will pass, he should have decent week. Start please.

So that leaves us with Fitz and Glenn. In my opinion, there is no way Glenn produces again. I went over his game logs over the last several years, and whenever he has 1 or 2 good games, he disappears. Although he has a decent matchup, I wouldn't expect much. And DMD's projections are homer influenced, so take them for what they're worth. :D Fitz has a great matchup this week. I think he'll easily outproduce Glenn this week.

Yep, Driver, DJax and Fitz. :D

What' up Hugh?  Who would you start at rb.  Dillon(Chargers), DD(Bengals), Moore(Falcons) or Anderson(Jags)?  Standard Scoring, start two rb's.

Second question, who would you start at rb, Moore(Falcons) or Anderson(Jags).  1 point per reception, then standard scoring.  Edge is my other starter.

1030452[/snapback]

Moore and Davis.

Moore.

As I've stated several times already today, I like D. Davis to start to produce with the new OC and lighter schedule.

Dillon hasn't been good, now he has a tough matchup, and a backup left tackle.

Anderson has a bad matchup as well, and will split carries.

Hugh--

What do you do this weekend?  (see sig for scoring rules)...

DD vs Caddy...

#2 WR (Moss is #1); see sig.

Thanks!!

1030464[/snapback]

Jimmy Smith as the #2 WR.

As much as I like D. Davis, I think you have to start the leagues leading rusher with a great matchup.

I know it is not a lineup question, but if you where a McNabb owner what would you do with his injury probelm. I am leaning towards standing pat? :D

1030466[/snapback]

I'd stand pat. You won't get what he's worth if you try and trade him now anyway.

Thanks, Hugh.

One more question this is pertaining to league 1 in my sig:

I'm starting Dom Davis and Cadillac for sure, but I'm not sure which RB to play in my flex position:

Kevin Jones

Mewelde Moore

Mike Anderson

Thanks again.

1030475[/snapback]

No brainer here, Mewelde Moore all the way. The only time I would ever consider starting KJ is if he has a very favorable matchup. He does not.

Ferguson. Galloway, T Taylor, Lelie.    How would you rate these players the rest of the season?  Performance scoring with receptions. 

I put them in the order that I think they may be.      Chances are, you'll have another take on it.

Thanks in advance!

1030476[/snapback]

Tough to say. Ferguson probably has the most upside. I wouldn't expect much from Taylor. He had 1 good game, and I'd expect more inconsistency, especially when Burleson comes back. Galloway's the #2 option on a team that doesn't pass much. Lelie is on the team with the NFL's worst QB.

I guess I'd rank them like this:

Ferguson, Lelie, Taylor, Galloway.

Im going to Piggly Wiggly today Hugh, should i go with Paper, or Plastic? If i go with paper i run this risk of helping to destroy the planet as it means more trees have to die to produce the paper. If i go with plastic i run the risk of helping to destroy the earth by helping to produce toxic smoke from the plastic factory, not to mention the bag will last 20,000 years and be buried in the earth. So who do i go with ? Paper, or Plastic?

1030478[/snapback]

Let Mommy decide, she always knows best.

Hugh:

2 quick ones:

Would you start Duckett vs Min over A.Green playing CAR?

Would you look to trade Davis and try to upgrade either my qb?  Problem is that leaves me so thin at RB.  I've been offered Leftwich for Parker... but I don't think that's a huge help.

1030481[/snapback]

No. Duckett won't get the touches. Even with the tough matchup, play Green.

Leftwich is not what you need.

Hey Hugh.

I gotta couple of trade offers at me right now...both in the same league.

Standard performance Scoring (No TE required) we start 3 WR's

My Team:

Pos Player, Team

QB Matt Hasselbeck, SEA

QB Jake Plummer, DEN

RB Brian Westbrook, PHI

RB Cedric Benson®, CHI

RB Edgerrin James, IND

RB Larry Johnson, KC

RB Kevin Jones, DET

WR Anquan Boldin, ARI

WR Nate Burleson, MIN

WR Chad Johnson, CIN

WR Braylon Edwards®, CLE

PK Lawrence Tynes, KC

Def Falcons, Team Defense, ATL

Team A:

Pos Player, Team

QB Brett Favre, GB

QB Carson Palmer, CIN

RB Warrick Dunn, ATL

RB LaMont Jordan, OAK

RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD

RB Ricky Williams, MIA

WR Darrell Jackson, SEA

WR Keenan McCardell, SD

WR Terrell Owens, PHI

WR Marcus Robinson, MIN

TE Tony Gonzalez, KC

PK Shayne Graham, CIN

Def Bills, Team Defense, BUF

Team B:

QB Trent Green, KC

QB Byron Leftwich, JAC

RB Ronnie Brown®, MIA

RB Ahman Green, GB

RB Priest Holmes, KC

WR Ashley Lelie, DEN

WR Antwaan Randle El, PIT

WR Michael Clayton, TB

WR Marvin Harrison, IND

WR Eddie Kennison, KC

TE Dallas Clark, IND

PK Ryan Longwell, GB

Def Ravens, Team Defense, BAL

1st trade offer from Team A:

He's offering Owens and Jordan for Westbrook and one of my WR's (except Chad Johnson-I've already told him he's not getting him)

Right now I don't think I'm going to do this trade but wanted to get your opinion on it.

2nd trade offer from Team B:

He's offering Micheal Clayton for Larry Johnson. 

I'm on the fence with this one.  Clayton has done nothing to this point and with the running game and that defense the Bucs just haven't had to throw the ball much.  I would like to get Harrison out of him, but I'm not sure he'd go for that.  I'm thinking if I wait and Holmes gets hurt, LJ's stock will sore.  Of course that may never happen.  What do you think?

Thanks Hugh.

1030497[/snapback]

If you can get Owens and Jordan for Westbrook and Edwards, it's a no-brainer. I'd probably do it for Westbrook and Burleson too.

LJ is a backup. Unless Priest gets hurt, he's useless. On a week by week basis, Clayton will not be a good fantasy option. So, I'd rather have LJ and then if Priest goes down, you're golden.

Hugh sorry to here that the bug of commercial capitalism is about to spoil the sound but uncompensated advice you dispense each week. Good Luck.

What do you think of this trade:

L Jordan and R Wayne (would have offered Galloway but he has Clayton) for D Davis and D Driver

My team is on signature line and he only has Clayton/Kennison/Driver/Patten as WR.

Or

L Jordan, T Bell and Galloway for McGahee and Burleson

Edited by GoTs