[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 4

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

of course you would say payton, you are a simpleton

you always just pick the best guys each week, its more than that if you want to win!  i am going to start my own advise colum and i will help people

1031457[/snapback]

With such superior typing skills, clear prose and sophisticated wit, I'm sure you will have lots of customers. Hugh rules. :D

of course you would say payton, you are a simpleton

you always just pick the best guys each week, its more than that if you want to win!  i am going to start my own advise colum and i will help people

1031457[/snapback]

This guy is why momotards shouldn't breed.....Ugly Tuna is that you?

Edited by nhoops

I know that my 'Jenkins or Roy Williams' post was a choice between bad and worse, but I should have explained that this is for my flex spot, in essence a 4th WR behind starters Harrison, Branch and D Jackson (see my sig). Note that we get one point per reception.

But alas, you are right. So I checked the waiver wire and here's who's available -

A Chatman @ CAR

T Brown vs SD

Reg Williams vs DEN

E Parker @ NE

S McDonald @ NYG

Thanks

I've been offered Hasselbeck, Steve Smith, and Donte Stallworth for Collins and Joe Horn.  Do I trade?

Alternatively, I could offer an RB for Terry Glenn.  Possibly Clinton Portis.  I feel I need a better WR option.

1030638[/snapback]

Step away from the crack pipe.

Terry Glenn had 2 decent weeks. He is not and will not be a consistent starter.

The other trade is even more ridiculous. You'd downgrade at QB and WR and throw in another WR? No way dude.

Hi Hugh-

Thanks in advance for the advice. Here goes:

I need an opinion on who I should plug in as my 3rd WR. So far I've got D. Branch and C. Johnson going. The choices for a 3rd are as follows:

L. Coles

B. Engram

C. Rodgers

J. Witten (We can use TEs as WRs)

Thanks...

1030698[/snapback]

Coles, with a QB with no experience against the Ravens? Uh, no.

Do not start any Detroit Lions please.

So, Engram or Witten? I'd play the matchup here and play Witten against the Raiders.

Hey Hugh... hope you're caught up! :D

Got some issues this week...

RB (pick 2): Deuce McAllister vs. Buffalo, Kevin Jones @ TB, Mewelde Moore @ ATL

I know you just LOVE the Lions. :D

WR (pick 2, as Harrison's already WR #1): Jerry Porter vs. DAL, Robert Ferguson @ CAR, Roy Williams @ TB ... Isaac Bruce probably not an option

Could probably grab someone like Joey Galloway, Jeremy Shockey, Alge Crumpler (TEs lumped w/ WRs), Terry Glenn or Arnez Battle.

Thoughts? :D

Hi Hugh  :D

Farve @ Carolina or Delhomme  :D 

Yeah I know what a dilemma huh  :D I hate it when Farve gets backed into a corner usually he comes out fighting.  Yet his O line is so bad that the Panthers could have him running all day...which does not bode well for Mr. Farve.  Delhomme on the other hand can be streaky.  Thank goodness for Smith but will that be enough?  Running game should go well for the Panthers so maybe because of this Delhomme has a slight edge to put up some numbers???

Thanks

1030713[/snapback]

Hey DW, I didn't miss ya this week. :D

You analyzed it pretty much the same way I did. Normally, I'd say Delhomme because of Smith and the fact that Favre doesn't have Walker. However, I think they'll be close, and since it's MNF, I'd take a chance on Favre showing us some more magic.

Hey Hugh,

Take a look when you get a sec

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=113564

:D Oh and some advice for others....along with scoring requirements, please list matchups so Hugh doesn't have to waste time checking the schedule.  That way he can answer more posts. :D

Thank You, Next!

1030746[/snapback]

Done. :D

Hey bro, thanx for doin this!  Ill re-post a topic I posted earlier see whatcha think...

1030749[/snapback]

Tough call right now. The QB upgrade is obvious. I think Moore remains the Vikes starter, but it's still an RB downgrade, and could be a major downgrade depending on what Tice decides to do. The WR upgrade is nice, and I think Johnson will post good numbers under the new OC. I'd make the trade.

Thanks in advance Hugh

Would you play Heap V NYJ or C. Anderson V DAL

Please pick 2...I am a little concerned with Horn

Givens V SD

Kennsion V PHILLY

Horn V BUFFALO

You da man Hugh

1030936[/snapback]

You missed mine. thanks in advance.

Hey DW, I didn't miss ya this week. :D

You analyzed it pretty much the same way I did. Normally, I'd say Delhomme because of Smith and the fact that Favre doesn't have Walker. However, I think they'll be close, and since it's MNF, I'd take a chance on Favre showing us some more magic.

1031827[/snapback]

Thanks Hugh...your the best appreciate your time :D

hey hugh --

posted this in another thread. if you have the time, wouldn't mind getting your take on this trade. i'm now leaning against it, but all advice helps. thanks!

the priest owner in my 14-team league has been bugging me for larry johnson. he has offered me kevan barlow and drew bennett for LJ and robert ferguson. i'm tempted to take it, but wanted to seek some advice first. i figure i'd be trading a backup RB on a decent team for the starter on a bad one, and a no. 2 receiver for a no. 1 receiver. on paper, it looks good. the drawback is that i'd have two titans (i have chris brown). he also has offered me antonio bryant instead of bennett.

my other receivers (i lost javon): jimmy smith, arnaz battle, keary colbert, mike williams.

my other RBs: tomlinson, chris brown, chris perry.

scoring system is 1 pt per reception, 1 pt per 10 yards rush/receiving, 6 pt TDs, plus bonus for 100-yd games.