[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guess who leads the Steelers

max

I wouldn't have guessed this ... Ike Taylor Leads the Steelers in tackles.

The following is from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/05277/582243.stm

Tackling Taylor

Normally, an inside linebacker leads the team in tackles over the course of a season. After three games, it's cornerback Ike Taylor.

He leads the Steelers with 23 solo tackles and his 30 overall tackles tie inside linebacker James Farrior for the most on the team.

"It could be a good thing for me, or a bad thing," Taylor said. "I just play football. I don't keep stats."

It's a good thing, in one sense, that Taylor is making the tackles, but some of them have come after a receiver has caught a pass over him.

"I think it's an aberration," defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said. "But it does show that Ike's doing a good job of involving himself in the running scheme. And he's doing a good job of tackling the catch, for the most part."

Taylor replaced Willie Williams as the starting left cornerback to open the season. He also has a fumble recovery, two passes defensed and one tackle behind the line of scrimmage.

"We're pleased with the way he's contributing and growing, and it's going to be a learning process for him," LeBeau said. "It's his first year of starting."

He's doing a good job in tackling for the most part......but it also shows that every team out there is testing him bigtime. The WR has to make the catch before you can record a tackle on him. As a Steeler fan....I'd rather see him have more passes defended than actual tackles. :D

Ike will have to stay healthy now....Colclough is out for week 6 with a shoulder injury.