[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Contemplation

aaronvh

About 20 minutes ago I traded...

I gave Jimmy Smith and Rudi Johnson

for...

Randy Moss and Marcel Shipp

I think this works our great for both teams, especially since JJ is a bust and Shipp will be the main man in Arizona for a while at least.

So now I am debating on trying to get Chad Johnson. The guy that has him is really hurting at QB. So here is what I am thinking.

Bledsoe, Favre or Plummer

and...

Steve Smith

for Chad Johnson.

This would give me CJ, Moss and DJack at my WR spot, it wouldn't do much to me at QB because I still have E. Manning who is looking great IMO.

So the question really is would you rather have Steve Smith or Chad Johnson?

Thanks.

That's a tough one. I like CJ alot, I think he will end up top 5 WR. But the Panthers rely more on Smith than the Bengals do on CJ. Palmer also utilizes TJH and now rookie Chris Henry is getting looks. I would almost stick with Smith because he will have more big games, but CJ should be more consistent. Not sure if this helps...

See mine http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=114967

Edited by Steelhead

Nice job on the first trade. As far as getting CJ, there is not much of a difference. Both receivers have posted almost identical numbers (Smith has 1 more TD) so the question becomes: who will be more consistant the rest of the year. I would lean toward keeping Smith. He is not a bad option, considering the receivers you have. CJ will produce more steady numbers, but Smith has more potential to have the insane game (and a few sucky ones, as well).

Agreed,

SSmith will explode on certain weeks while Chad will be more consistant.

I do like Chad better in the long run and I think he's worth Smith and your #2/#3 QB.

Good Luck and thanks for the reply.

Nice job on the first trade. As far as getting CJ, there is not much of a difference. Both receivers have posted almost identical numbers (Smith has 1 more TD) so the question becomes: who will be more consistant the rest of the year. I would lean toward keeping Smith. He is not a bad option, considering the receivers you have. CJ will produce more steady numbers, but Smith has more potential to have the insane game (and a few sucky ones, as well).

1042009[/snapback]

Thanks for responding to my post! I agree with Rugby plus both teams have games coming up against tough defenses I think Cinn has a tougher schedule than the Panthers i would stick with Smith but you really cant go wrong with either guy. Good luck!

Ok, looking into the future here are their schedules when it matters weeks 11-16

Steve Smith...

@Chi

@Buf

Atl

Tam

@NO

Dal

Chad Johnson...

Ind

Bal

@Pit

Cle

@Det

Buf

If that helps anybody with any advice. I like Smith weeks 11-13 and CJ weeks 14-16.