[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 5

Hugh 0ne

Hey Hugh, thanks for all the help you give. I am almost embarrassed to ask for help once you see my sig, but sometimes I just cannot make up my mind. I am starting:

Palmer, SA, S. Smith for sure. Now I need to start any 3 of the following. I have them listed in order I think:

Rudi Johnson vs Jags - Will get ahead then pound it out

Anquan Boldin vs Panthers - nice matchup, esp. if they get way behind

Reggie Wayne vs 49ers - what can you say, although I have been disappointed with him so far in our scoring system.

D. Davis vs Titans - Was last week a fluke?

Darrell Jackson - injury puts him on the bench

So I guess i am saying bench DD & Jackson?????

1046788[/snapback]

Nice options, but in 8 team leagues there is a lot of talent to go around.

I'd start D. Davis, Rudi Johnson, and Anquan Boldin. The Texans will come around, and have just the matchup to get that started this week, and when they turn it around, it will be because of Davis. Don't miss out on that.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple a questions for you oh great one...

How long do I keep Portis on my bench?

I am considering the drop and let him tie up someone else's roster slot.

Should I play Brady or Brunnel this week?

Should I even keep Brady? ( I have Collins and Brady, and can get Brunnel off of Waivers no problem.

Hey Hugh....does this look right?

McNabb

Westy

S.Davis ??

Galloway

Mason

J.Smith

I know you are a big fan of DD. He should be very involved this week. However S.Davis against Arizona is awfully hard not to like!  :D My other choice is Willie....what are your thought on him?

1046796[/snapback]

Any way you can start 3 RB's and bench one of the WR's? If not, I'd start Davis and Davis and bench Westbrook. All 4 of your RB's are good starts this week.

Hi Hugh, my sucky WRs are back for more. Incredibly, they all look pretty good this week. I'm starting McAllister, so I'm leaning toward benching my other Saint, Stallworth and starting AJ + Galloway.

Pick 2:

A. Johnson vs. TEN

J. Galloway @NYJ

D. Stallworth @GB

B. Stokely @SF

As always, thanks for the help.

Hey Hugh!

I have the follow RB and WR for this week. I several on bye. Out of the following I need 2 RB's, 2 WR and 1 flex...

S Smith

K Curtis

Jenkins

J Lewis

Willie

Westbrook

Shipp

R Brown

So... For WR I am thinking smith (obviously) and curtis

Rb- Westbrook and filling the other RB and Flex with two of the remaining RB's...who would you choose?

Hey Hugh, posted this question this morning. See what your thoughts are.

With Djax and Engram out, I may need to make a few changes.

QB - Stay with Hass this week @ STL or go with Delhomme @ Ariz. I am leaning Jake due to the Hawks injuries, but the game could become a shootout.

WR - I am starting Mush and Curtis this week and need one more with DJax out:

Lelie vs Wash

or

Jurevicius @ STL

I am leaning Jerv due to matchups and the fact that Lelie has done nothing.

Thanks in advance.

1046802[/snapback]

I would also go with Delhomme this week. Keary Colbert found his hands, and Steve Smith is a game breaker, while Hass will be without his top 2 WR's. Just hope Carolina doesn't blow them out early and stop passing the ball.

I'd probably give Jurevicius a shot as well, as long as DJax and Engram don't play.

Any way you can start 3 RB's and bench one of the WR's? If not, I'd start Davis and Davis and bench Westbrook. All 4 of your RB's are good starts this week.

1046852[/snapback]

Should I consider trading one of my backs for S.Smith or Plax. Both teams are hurting for a back. I was offered S.Smith for Westy a couple weeks ago. I am playing the team with Plax. He is starting Barlow and Portis with L.Johnson, T.Bell and Rickey Williaams on his bench. :D

Hey Hugh

League 1 standard Scoring

With Moore on a bye I need another to go with Portis

AGreen v. NO

Davenport v. NO

Martin v. TB

Suggs v. Chic

Aweful I know.  If Green is out do I go with Davenport over Martin or will Suggs do just enough to be the better option.

League 2 (standard scoring bonus for over 100yds)

RB: need one to go with Alexander

SJackson  v. Sea

Caddy @ NYJ

Suggs v. Chic

Leaning towards Jackson until Caddy is healthy, even tough it'll be  RB v. RB

WR: need one to go with Chad Johnson and Driver

T.Glenn v. Philly

TJ Housh @ Jax

Curtis v. Sea

Leaning towards Glenn in a shoot out ove Housh (already have Chad) and Curtis since I'd have Jackson going.

Thoughts?

1046809[/snapback]

I think Green is your best option as long as you're sure he plays. If he doesn't, I'd plug Martin into your lineup.

Yes, Jackson all the way. No brainer here imo.

I'd go with Housh, even with the tough matchup. The Dallas passing game is too unpredictable and inconsistent imo, so I'd keep Glenn on the bench. Curtis isn't a horrible option, but I like Housh better.

which do I start

porter or galloway.. I am leaming to galloway

I have J jones then I need either c mart, parker or l johnson

I have parker in now.

Thanks Hugh

I was also thinking about picking up the lions D  and sitting the eagle.. bad move?

standard scoring league..

1046812[/snapback]

Porter's on a bye, Galloway should do better. :D

Parker is the right choice of those options.

Don't sit the Eagles defense in lieu of Detroit.

Should I start Stephen Davis(Cards), Portis(Broncos) or TJ(Browns), (standard scoring)?  I have a second question as well.  Which 3 should I start Stallworthless(Packers), Clayton(Jets), Curtis(Seahawks), Givens(Atl), Lelie(Was, he also sucks) or Engram(hurt, Stl).  Peter Warrick is also on the ww.  Standard scoring plus a point per reception.  Thanks Hugh.

1046824[/snapback]

'Sup JJ?

I think you have to start S. Davis. 6 TD's on 4 games, he's playing the Cardinals, etc.

Stallworth looked decent last week without Horn. I'd expect more of the same against a weak Packers secondary. Clayton will draw Law, not good, bench please. Curtis is a decent albeit not great option, but better than your other options, so start him. He'll be given another chance to prove that he's a worthy #2 WR, hope he takes advantage of it. Givens or Lelie is a toss up. I'd lean towards Lelie and pray for a long TD, as much as I hate Plummer, he's probably the better option. Too many options in NE, Brady hasn't been great, and Atlanta has a decent defense.

Performance scoring w/rec/ redraft league.

My roster:

QBs Hasselbeck, Leftwich

RBs DD, W Dunn, M Anderson, KJones, L Johnson

WRs SSmith, J Horn, T Glenn, T Taylor, A Bryant, A Lelie

TEs J Stevens, C Anderson

K Kasay

DEF/SPT Pittsburgh, TB

I was thinking of dropping Lelie (do you think he has the least value on my roster?)

My first choice off the waiver wire I'm leaning towards M Pittman (to be used as trade bait next wk). The other choices are Antonio Chatman -GB; S McDonald- STL; G Lewis-Phil; Chris Henry-Cinci; Brunell-Wash.

Please list what your top 3 waiver choices would be from that bunch (including Pittman). There are 2 people who could pick ahead of me if they want. Thanks!

Thanks in advance Hugh.

Start two RB, 1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving, 6 per TD. Thanks for the input...

Deuce McAllister @Gb

Jamal Lewis @ DET

Steven Jackson vs SEA

Willie Parker @SD

Mike Anderson vs WASH

Leaning towards Deuce and S. Jackson. Thanks!

Back Again Hugh,

WDIS

Fitzgerald v Car or Galloway v Jets

Bell v Was or Suggs v Chi or M Faulk v Sea (start one of these dudes)

Also what do you think of this trade from my perspective?

I give Wayne/Jordan for Holmes/Andre Johnson or he may want

S Smith/Jordan for Holmes/ Andre Johnson

Scoring and team on sig line.

Thanks

Edited by GoTs

Hugh, new to your advice line, but appreciate your acumen.

I have a little WR depth and can move what was a waiver wire pick up in Galloway for what I perceive to be a back with some upside opportunity in KJones, who will see the likes of Cleveland, Minny, Az and Dallas in weeks 7-11. Performance and TD league, 1 pt for each 10 yds rush/rec, and TD's 6 pts of course. Thoughts? :D

Thx in advance!

Strap yourself in...here is a long question. I play in a 12 team keeper league. We can keep any four players that were drafted in the fourth round or later.

My team is at a cross roads. I am 3-1 and in a division where the two other teams have quit on this season and are looking to add picks and keeper players for next year. I am a lock to make the playoffs (four division winners and two Wcards).

Here is my team

CPepp

Dillon

Lewis

W.Parker/M.Moore (flex)

H.Ward

Plax

Heap

Elam

Ravens DST

Here is the best team in the league that I will have to beat to win it all..

McNabb

DMcCallister

S.Jackson

SSmith

Horn

Driver

Gates

Vandy

Eagles DST

This owner will undoubtedbly make a move or two to improve his team also...

I see my weaknesses as QB and I could use an upgrade at RB. My choices are (1) ride this season out with my existing team and be happy that I can keep four players amongst Plax, Parker, Moore, Heap, Ravens DST, or Winslow (on bench). Most likely, this team will not win it all, but will compete in the playoffs OR (2) I can make some moves this season that will hurt my chances next year, but position myself for a run now.

I am ok with selling my soul for the run, but want your opinion about a couple of moves. Which would you make and would they put me over the top - in effect, would I be selling my future with a great chance to win it all, or would I be making small incremental improvements that are not worth sacrificing the future for..

The two players I have targeted for acquisition are P.Holmes + P.Manning..

Here are the deals:

I give W.Parker, Plax, Wiggins and I get P.Holmes + Branch + McMicheal + his 7th pick next year

I give CPepp (he can resell for pick), M.Moore, O.Smith, Winslow, my sixth pick and I get Manning and Housh

My new team would be

P.Manning

P.Holmes

Lewis

Dillon

H.Ward

D.Branch/Housh

Heap/McMicheal

Elam

Ravens DST

Is this new team worth sacrificing my future for? Is it significantly better than the other owner's team?

If not, it is probably not worth selling out my guys for.

As an alternative, I could make just the deal for Manning and keep Parker and Burress for this year and beyond and take my chances from there..

What are your thoughts...

Hey Hugh.

Ravens DST or Colts DST?

San Fran is starting Smith, so it's almost impossible to sit Indy (even for the stud Ravens against crappy Lions)

What's your take?

Thanks!!

DFR - Defensive/ST Fumble Recovered (ID/DT/DST) 2 points

DTD - Total Defensive and Special Teams TD 6 points

Int - Interceptions 2 points

PA - Points Against

Total Points Scored

0 - 6 PA = 12 points

7 - 13 PA = 10 points

14 - 20 PA = 8 points

21 - 27 PA = 6 points

SACK - Sack 0+ SACKs = 1 point for every 1 SACK

Plus a 6 point bonus @ 5+ SACK

STY - Safety 2 points

YDS - Yards Allowed

0 - 49 YDSs = 16 points

50 - 99 YDSs = 14 points

100 - 149 YDSs = 12 points

150 - 199 YDSs = 10 points

200 - 249 YDSs = 8 points

250 - 299 YDSs = 6 points

Couple a questions for you oh great one...

How long do I keep Portis on my bench?

I am considering the drop and let him tie up someone else's roster slot.

Should I play Brady or Brunnel this week?

Should I even keep Brady?  ( I have Collins and Brady, and can get Brunnel off of Waivers no problem.

1046838[/snapback]

Portis is a starting RB without RBBC, I wouldn't drop him, because someone will pick him up and he will help their team.

Why would you even consider starting Brunell over Brady? No way. Brady will throw for 250 yards and 2 scores. Brunell won't even sniff those numbers.

Hey Hugh,

Want your thoughts on these trade options. I am 1-4 after losing a double header and fortunately 1 game out of first in my division.

1. Trade 2006 1st rd pick for McAllister - cannot happen for a couple weeks and the owner just might decide to keep him after all. We have 2 keepers each, so effectively this is a 3rd rd pick in redraft leagues. But I will be short one player out of the gate since I will have 2 keepers and no 1st rd pick. Previous years all my 1st rd picks have gotten hurt...talk about bad luck.

2003 - 11th pick - James Stewart

2004 - 5th pick - Stephen Davis

2005 - 11th pick - Nate Burleson

2. Trade Harrison/Witten for Stephen Davis/Plaxico Burress - I tried to get Westbrook/KJ out of him but he won't budge. Stats wise this wouldn't be a bad trade, but I just not sure that Davis will last the whole season. I should be able to get more for Harrison and Witten than this.

3. Trade Shipp/Colbert for Mike Anderson in Week 6. - This gives me a RB stable of Green, Anderson, Pittman, Arrington. My WRs are Harrison, Curtis, Burleson (hurt), Bruce (hurt) and whoever I pick up on waivers that's healthy. I upgrade at RB and still keep Harrison on my team.

Not sure what my best option is, but I think #3 may be the way to go. I just don't know about Davis. I should be able to get better keeper material than Davis for Harrison.

Hugh! I am in a bind this week. I've got Willie, K Jones and J Jones. I need two backs, which two??

Also, thinking about dropping NE def for Jacksonville...def gets lots of points in my leauge...what do you think? I could get denver D too...

1046845[/snapback]

Jacksonville is a good defense. With all the injuries to NE, I'd probably drop. In my league, Denver is ranked 7th, Jacksonville 18th, and NE 23rd. So drop NE and grab the Broncos.

Why would you start K. Jones against the Ravens?

Hi Hugh,  my sucky WRs are back for more.  Incredibly, they all look pretty good this week.  I'm starting McAllister, so I'm leaning toward benching my other Saint, Stallworth and starting AJ + Galloway.

Pick 2:

A. Johnson vs. TEN

J. Galloway @NYJ

D. Stallworth @GB

B. Stokely @SF

As always, thanks for the help.

1046858[/snapback]

There should be plenty to go around against the Packers, I'd start McAllister and Stallworth, and then add Andre to the mix. With Horn most likely out, and against a weak defense, Stallworth should get a lot of looks.