[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 5

Hugh 0ne

Hugh, sorry to clutter things up with a follow-up, but does this change your recommendation?

New Orleans Saints WR Joe Horn (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday, Oct. 5, and said there is no doubt he will play during Week 5.

Pick 2:

A. Johnson vs. TEN

J. Galloway @NYJ

D. Stallworth @GB

B. Stokely @SF

Thanks!

1047088[/snapback]

Not really. For the same reason I mentioned before. I can see the RB, and both the #1 and #2 WR's scoring this week against a weak GB defense. Stallworth's numbers will probably be better without Horn, but will be good even if he does play.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugh the man :D

WDIS for QB, RB, WR?

See my sig for Lineup requirements:

:D quick point---->I have the option for "FLEX" in RB, WR, TE---

(I could start 1 RB and have 3 WR's and 1 TE) or

(2Rb's 2WR 1 TE) or

(1RB, 2WR, 2TE) :D

contiplated using 3 WR set this week cause of my RB situation. :D

Please let me know which lineup I should go with. :D

Here we go:

QB first:(start 1)

A Brooks vs. Packers

G. Frerotte vs. Bills

Newly acquired Brunell vs. banged up Champ Bailey and Broncos

RB:(start 2)

Cadillac (Questionable :D )vs :D Jets

Slick Willey Parker Mon Night Bright Lights(Betis&Duce in the wing) vs. Charged up Chargers

Julius Jones(still can't get 100yds) vs. Eagles

R. Droghnes-nah!

T. Bell-maybe consider him if M. Anderson went down-but nah!

WR:(start 2)

C. Johnson vs Jags

K. McCardell(leading my league in total FF points for WR's-MONDAY NIGHT) vs. Steelers

M. Jenkins vs banged up PATS

A. Boldin vs. Panthers

rest of my starters are:

D. Clark

Vandy(K)

Panthers D

:D:D:D thanks again bro!

I need to get a WR for will in this week and possibly beyond...

I have

D Jax

D Driver

B Edwards

D Branch

K Colbert

on the wire is

P Crayton DAL

K Curtis STL

S McDonald STL

G Lewis PHI

J Jurevicious SEA

Who do you think I should go for??

I give M.Moore + K.Winslow I get K.Jones and K.Curtis...

Moore can be kept for two more seaons after this one. KJones I can keep for one more season after this.

Is this a good trade for me? I feel K.Jones has more upside than Moore. Do you agree?

Ok Hugh, I got quick Week 9 QB question, yes I said Week 9. 6 points per TD, 1 per 20 passing, 12 per intereception.

I made a huge mistake last week picking up Rattay to back up Bulger. :D Bulger has his bye in Week 9 and because I dropped "Rotten" Rattay, I have no back-up. I need help picking a new back-up in a must win Week 9 (playing the top fantasy team). The reason I want to pick now is that there are few options left and the others in my league are free-agent-snatchers. Here are my choices:

Frerotte vs. Atlanta

Brunell vs. Philly

Carr at Jax

Testy vs. San Diego

McCown/Warner vs. Seattle

Harrington/Garcia? at Minny

So far, I am leaning toward Frerotte or Brunell. Please give me your advise. Thanks a lot. Hope all is well with you. BTW> thanks for not letting that moron from last week keep you away.

Thanks in advance Hugh:

1st Question: Anderson or KJones

Anderson is playing against the 5th best rushing D and Jones is playing against the 2nd best rushing D. I'm leaning heavily towards Anderson mainly because Jones has done next to nothing so far.

2nd Question: Which three to start from these WRs:

1) McCardell @ home vs Pitt (Pitt's passing D ranked 20th surprisingly)

2) Lloyd @ home vs Indy (Rookie QB doesn't bother me at all here)

3) Boldin @ home vs Panthers (Panthers ranked 23rd in passing D)

4) Houshmandzadeh @ Jags (bruised hand shouldn't be a problem - Jags passing D ranked 2nd might)

5) Ferguson @ home vs the Aints (Passing D is 6th probably because teams run at will on them)

My lean is McCardell, LLoyd, and Boldin. These three and Housh are very close in points with my scoring system. McCardell has extra because he's been finding the endzone a lot.

Howdy All Knowing Hugh,

My lineup and rules are in my sig. My biggest question: Bledsoe vs. Eagles or Brees vs. Pit? Will the Eagles go up big against my beloved Cowboys, making Bledsoe pass for his life? Or is Brees the safer bet?

My other assumed starters are:

Alexander vs. St Louis

CMart vs. Tampa (ouch, ugh, crap)

Steve Smith vs. Arizona

Chad Johnson vs. Jax

Donald Driver vs. San Antonio

My other question revolves around whether or not my other slags would be a better start over CMart. Faulk vs. Sea? Warrick vs. StL? Shaun McDonald vs. SEA? The others on my roster are just fillers waiting to happen or injured. I've been trying to come up with some trades, but my league is horrible about trading, everyone always want to hold on to what they have.

As always, I value and enjoy your input. Thanks.

Edited by coachharry

I've got a Hugh problem.

I need to throw either Faulk or Benson onto the field this week to go aling with D Davis. Got Tiki and LJ on a bye.

I know its probably a coin toss with nothing on either side, but who would you go with in this predicament?

I think Green is your best option as long as you're sure he plays. If he doesn't, I'd plug Martin into your lineup.

Yes, Jackson all the way. No brainer here imo.

I'd go with Housh, even with the tough matchup. The Dallas passing game is too unpredictable and inconsistent imo, so I'd keep Glenn on the bench. Curtis isn't a horrible option, but I like Housh better.

1046881[/snapback]

Thanks Hugh!

Based on the fact that I play in an 8 man league it didn’t bother me to carry only one QB on my roster. Once his Bye came I knew I could pick someone up off of the WW.

Well Culpepper’s bye is this week and here are my options:

Steve McNair at Houston

David Carr vs. Tennessee

Drew Brees vs. Pittsburgh

Ben Rothlesberger at San Diego

Aaron Brooks at Green Bay

Completions 1 point; Passing Yards 40 yards per point; Passing Touchdowns 4 points Interceptions minus 2 points.

Finally, with the year Culpepper is having should I keep whatever QB I pick up as a possible starter over Culpepper for the rest of the year.

Your help would be appreciated…GRACIAS!!!!

Hey Hugh,

Need to start (3) WR's this week, due to injury concerns which would you start:

J.Horn (Q)

TJ Housh (Q)

J.Smith

T.Glenn

B.Stokley

S.McDonald

I'm thinking Smith, Glenn and either Horn or Housh (whoever's less banged up).

Is that too risky? Or should I take my chances with Stokley since IND playing lowly SF.

Also, real quick, Dillon or Dunn as my #2 RB?

1047097[/snapback]

I go Horn, Housh and Smith, but you have to keep an eye on the injury report. Both Horn and Housh said they'll play, and if they do, I'd start 'em.

I think Dunn against a depleted Pats defense should do well. The Falcons are tough to run against. Just hope Duckett doesn't vulture all of Dunn's TD's.

Hugh One - Thanks so much for responding to my post.    You say you like Antonio Chapman a lot for GBay.    Who do you like better Chapman or B Jones from Tenn?  Again - redraft/performance scoring w/ rec.  Thanks!

1047128[/snapback]

It's Chatman, not Chapman, and I think he's a much better option than Jones. I saw your post in the main forum, do you not trust my advice? :D

Agree on RB, unfortunately non of my mid round RB picks have distinguished themselves.

I do have LJ, who should I give up Smith or Wayne if I do the deal, or would you move McCallister rather than Jordan? :D

Thanks Again Hugh, as always your advice sound and unwaivering (still like them Texans Ehh!!!) :D

1047135[/snapback]

I'd rather have Deuce than Jordan, I'd rather have Smith than Wayne.

Sup Hugh.

I am having trouble deciding on my flex. 

Foster @ ARI

Parker @ SD

Pittman @ NYJ

I know Parker probably seem like the obvious choice, but I feel like Foster and Pittman have the better matchups and more involvement in the pass game.  (.5 pts for reception)  If Willie gets stuffed and doesn't see paydirt, it could be a very low point night.  At least with Foster and Pittman, you are likely to see about 40-70 receiving yards.

1047142[/snapback]

While I see your point, I disagree. Parker, as of now, is not in a RBBC. Foster's on the short end of one, so he's definitely not worth the start. Pittman's a risk depending on what happens with Caddy. If Caddy is OUT, play Pittman. If Caddy plays and takes carries from Pittman, play Parker.

OK Hugh, here's a trade question for you.

My team:

QB  Carson Palmer

QB  Matt Hasselbeck

QB  Jake Plummer

RB  Priest Holmes

RB  Larry Johnson

RB  Kevin Jones

RB  Chester Taylor

RB  Cedric Benson®

WR  Darrell Jackson

WR  Terry Glenn

WR  Anquan Boldin

WR  Reggie Wayne

TE  Jerramy Stevens

PK  Josh Brown

TM  Bills

His team:

QB  Daunte Culpepper

QB  Trent Dilfer

QB  Joshua McCown

RB  Ricky Williams

RB  Shaun Alexander

RB  Brian Westbrook

RB  Kevan Barlow

WR  Hines Ward

WR  Troy Williamson®

WR  Robert Ferguson

WR  Braylon Edwards®

WR  Ashley Lelie

TE  Steve Heiden

PK  Rob Bironas

TM  Ravens

Offer on the table is:

I give: Palmer, Priest

I get: Culpepper, Alexander

It a keeper leauge, can keep 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1DEF/PK, and one from any position.

Thoughts?

1047164[/snapback]

Well, I think you make the trade. IMO, even if the Vikes continue to struggle, Culpepper has some nice home matchups where he will light it up. Worst case, you only start him then, and then mix and match Hass and Cpep the rest of the way. Best case, Cpep finds himself, and you have a top 3 QB on the squad. At RB you're getting an upgrade, worst case a moderate one. Best case, Priest goes down, you end up with Alexander and Larry Johnson as your 1-2 punch.

EDIT: One more thing. I like Palmer, and he's looked good, but he's had light matchups. I think he's overvalued right now, the perfect time to trade him.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Hey Hugh, quick question for you.  I need 2 of the following 3 RBs.  I already have Alexander plugged in...

Rudi @ Jax

S. Jackson vs. Sea

S. Davis @ Ari

1 point every 10 yards rushing, 6 for tds.  Thanks man!

1047172[/snapback]

Nice options. I think I'd try SJax and S. Davis. Rudi can't find the endzone, I think both SJax and Davis will. Davis could have a field day against a weak Cardinal team.

Is giving up S. Jakson and T. Jones for T. Barber too much.

RB: LT, Dillon, Moore

WR: Harrison, S. Smith, Horn, Williamson, Givens

We start 2 RB, 2WR and 1 Flex: basic performsnce league

1047174[/snapback]

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I wouldn't give up Jackson for Barber one for one.