[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it time to trade Alexander?

Phazool

Darrell Jackson - WR, Seattle Seahawks 10/08/05

Darrell Jackson has been advised to have surgery after diagnosis of a torn lateral meniscus in addition to the bone bruise. Jackson had conferred with Dr. John Uribe in Miami, Florida for a second opinion from the noted orthopedist when the tear was discovered.

Huddle Up: Jackson's surgery and the recovery time is expected to take at least a month and this cannot bode well for the Seahawks entire offense. Bobby Engram had stepped up into a nice #2 receiver but even he is out this week. This will affect both Hasselbeck and Engram and could even result in Alexander seeing more eight man fronts. The only Seattle player likely to benefit from Jackson being gone for an extended period of time is the tight end Jerramy Stevens since passing targets are getting hard to find in Seattle.

Edited by Phazool

Would you trade LT if McCardell and Gates went down?I doubt it.SA is in that same category.If anything he should be leaned on more by the seahawks.Don't panic.If Warrick gets completly healthy and Joe Jerivicius steps up teams will still have to respect the passing game.I don't foresee Engram being out for an extended period so the loss of Djax IMO is not as bad as you are making it to be.

Djax IMO is not as bad as you are making it to be.

1051992[/snapback]

I didn't write the update. It's as bad as you want to percieve it, and being a season ticket holder for the Jets and watching what 8 man fronts has done to CuMar thus far, I have my concerns thats all.

I didn't write the update. It's as bad as you want to percieve it, and being a season ticket holder for the Jets and watching what 8 man fronts has done to CuMar thus far, I have my concerns thats all.

1052046[/snapback]

Those would be 9 man fronts Curtis has been seeing - or ten or eleven man fronts when Brooks Bollinger was in there. :D

Martin is also suffering from a knee injury which has prevented him from practicing at all, and from being 32 years old, and from having an offensive line that couldn't push a girlscout troop out of the way, and from having a head coach who game plans each week to play for a 10-10 tie.

Seriously, though - if you're actually considering trading Shaun Alexander because you read that he might be seeing more 8 man fronts I wish I was in your league.

Don't Panic! Alexander is a STUD dogg...Engram will be back and JJ & Warrick are servicable WRs.

1051981[/snapback]

AGREED :D

I think youd be a fool to trade Alexander just because of an injury to D. Jax. if you have roster needs thats a different story, but otherwise dont move him, he's freakin awesome no matter whos catching the ball. Just relax sit back and watch him shread thru STL this week!

I too have S. Alexander and do not worry.

Look also at his schedule starting with this week:

at St louis

Home Houston

Home Dallas

Bye

at Arizona

Home St louis

at SanFran

And now that they are hurting at WR when they get in down inside the 5 they will probably more likely to punch it in with Shaun!!

:D

Edited by PythonPatrol

1052046[/snapback]

I understand your concerns about 8 man fronts and that probably will happen but all it is going to take is Hass making a big play or two to one of those wideouts and teams will have to adjust.I don't see Cumart even being comparable to this situation.He is dinged up and has not had a QB who is even a threat to complete a long pass.I do believe Vinny will help the Jets offense and make life on Cumart much easier.

• 8 months later...