Sign in to follow this  
SpinalTapp

WDIS with Ward hurt...

My team's roster is already full....

I can do one of the of the following:

1. Keep J.Wiggins on my roster as a backup to Heap and take my chances that Ward will play Monday night.

2. Keep J.Wiggins on my roster and start M.Clayton in place of Ward (Mike has a 1pm game so I have to decide now)

3. Cut Wiggins then add and play A.Bryant at 1pm over Ward

4. Cut Wiggins and then add CWilson to my team....Wait and see if he or Ward starts on Monday night.

What would you do? I am a litttle nervous about cutting Wiggins..problem is, I just do not have any other roster spots unless I cut one of my critical handcuffs.

Help.

Everything I am reading is that Ward is going to play on Monday. Am I missing something? Or are you working on a worse case senario?

Given what I have heard - go with Option 1

I am concerned that he pulled up lame in practice late this week after so much time off. I know he is trying to be optimistic and I am sure the Steelers want the Chargers to gameplan assuming he is playing, but a hammy is a tough injury to recover from. I remember because I had R.Moss last year who missed half the season with the injury.

So..I am a little more doomsday-ish when it comes to Hammy injuries and receivers, especially when they re-aggrivate the injury late in the week.

I have no doubt Ward will suit up and lineup for the first play - question is, will he play like Ward or look like Akers when the play is over. I am in a very tough situation because I believe I will need's a healthy Ward's solid 10-12 points to win a close game - but I cannot win with a goose-egg from his spot.

I would love some reassurance from Steeler Homers that are following his injury and status much more closely than I am.

#1 option.

Ward practice on Friday with no reported problems. Ward does not play unless is it server.