[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anaheim @ Chicago

I Like Soup

I think the White Sox pitching is pretty good but the Angels seem to be a scrappy bunch...who wins?

I like both teams but am leaning towards the Sox as they haven't been in these playoffs parts in quite some time!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've said before, Anaheim has owned the Sox over the past three years, so it's definitely going to be interesting. They were 3-6 against them this season. Hopefully that trend will be reversed this series.

Fearless prediction: With Bartolo injured, the Sox take it in 5 tight games.

Can't wait for the lame names to be thrown about by the completely useless by september fan(s).

I say the Sox have rest and starting pitching on their side. Identical teams and it could go either way.

I'm like the White Sox in 6, but anything can happen. Should be fun to watch!

I think the White Sox pitching is pretty good but the Angels seem to be a scrappy bunch...who wins?

I like both teams but am leaning towards the Sox as they haven't been in these playoffs parts in quite some time!

1060068[/snapback]

You answered your own question. :D

The Angels are beat down after all the travel, while the Sux have been comfortably chillin' at home.

Bartolo's injury is going to be a hugh factor. With proper treatment, he should be good to go in game 3 or 4. Or, if they elect to, he might serve as a gas can stopper in middle to late innings if they think his back won't hold up.

The teams are eerily similar: good, solid pitching (both starting and relief), and a scrappy bunch of batters that have a little pop. Offhand, though, I'd say the Halos have the edge defensively. If Figgins and Vlad heat up, the Angels will win in 6. If they remain somewhat stagnant offensively, the Sux will probably take it.

6 out of 10 of the ESPN "experts" picked the Sux. :D That's good news for us Halo fans.

I say the Halos' bats come alive and take it in 6 games. Ervin Santana looked cool, calm and studly out there last night. Byrd and Washburn are solid. Lackey is now a bonafide big-game pitcher.

Should be a fantastic series.

Edited by darin3

Bartolo's injury is going to be a hugh factor. With proper treatment, he should be good to go in game 3 or 4.  Or, if they elect to, he might serve as a gas can stopper in middle to late innings if they think his back won't hold up.

1060593[/snapback]

No Colon...left off the roster

Link

No Colon...left off the roster

Link

1060637[/snapback]

Hmph! :D Worse than I thought then. That must have just been announced; that link wasn't there when I reviewed this...

That's a killer... Lackey and Santana are going to have to be lights-out, with Byrd and Washburn throwing better than they have been.

Hmph!  :D  Worse than I thought then.  That must have just been announced; that link wasn't there when I reviewed this...

That's a killer... Lackey and Santana are going to have to be lights-out, with Byrd and Washburn throwing better than they have been.

1060647[/snapback]

Lets hope that Byrd didn't bring the Braves postseason tendencies with him! :D

I say the Sox have rest and starting pitching on their side. Identical teams and it could go either way.

I'm like the White Sox in 6, but anything can happen. Should be fun to watch!

1060543[/snapback]

Yeah, that sounds about right to me. Angels are going on the 3rd game in their 3rd time zone in 3 days. Plus Colon is dinged and Washburn has strep throat. I don't see the Sox being any less scrappy than the LAAoA are.

Of course, if the Angels win tonight, can I switch that to Angels in 5? :D

LETS GO HALOS! :D

That was BIG. Big I tell ya. The Sox are a solid, solid team... but after dispensing of the offensive juggernaut of the Spankees, the Sox lineup looks like a tee-ball team.

If the Halos get decent pitching out of Washburn (guess he's feeling better), tomorrow night's game should be another close one. Buehrle is as solid as they come, so it's gonna be a battle. Looking forward to it.

The weekend games are going to ROCK in Anaheim. Might try and get to one of the games... Fear the annoying red sticks and the rally monkey! :D

Ugggh. :D

Outside of the 2-0 gopher ball to Anderson and the questionable decision to not go home on the fielder's choice, Contreras did as good a job as could be expected. He definitely kept the Sox in the game. Great defense as well. But the Sox were awful at the plate. They must've stranded close to 10. They could bunt or steal to save their lives, either.

Byrd was not dominant, but very effective, especially considering that he was on three days' rest. Hats off to him and the rest of the Halos who did a great job of capitalizing on their chances and playing very, very solid baseball.

I think that the Sox still have a chance to take it in six (I erronously typed "5" in my earlier post), but it's going to be a struggle all the way.

I was playing a DH last night, so I didn't get to see much of the game.

It sounds like the Sox could have executed their small ball a ton better than they did.

Big game tonight...I've got a bad feeling that the Angels are a team that plays so loose, everything they do (like running on contact in all situations) may just work out for them.

It sounds like the Sox could have executed their small ball a ton better than they did.

1062177[/snapback]

You're absolutely correct, and it was the difference in the game. Nobody could bunt, Pods got thrown out, and they screwed up a hit-and-run late in the game, resulting in A.J. getting thrown out.

A total, total, complete BS call on that dropped third strike.

MLB should be ashamed for that type of call to be made that even gave the White Sox the opportunity to win the game.

I'm embarrased to take the win.

1064008[/snapback]

Terrible call. He called a strike, then a out, then when runner starts running changes his mind?!? :D

And a very long delay to ask 3rd base ref his view? Total BS!!!! That is probably why I'm still not a baseball fan.