[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anaheim @ Chicago

I Like Soup

X, they were standing by the call during that press conference.

First of all, the home plate ump was referring back to his motion of calling people out all night, but also stated that he didn't refer to the ball as "live".

The Supervisor of the umps for the night was speaking about how they replayed it in the truck and that and at best it was "inconclusive".

The Crew Chief was in the outfield at the time, and was called into it when asked.

I still stand by my opinion that it was a bad call, and even though I feel relieved for the White Sox to get the win, I don't feel like it was earned. That game should have gone into extras.

1067074[/snapback]

I think it was a bad call as well... that being sadi, something must have happened after the "strikeout" A.J. takes two steps towards his dugout and then turns around and runs to first. He had to have heard or not heard something for him to turn around so wuickly and take off to first base! :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiming in a tad late, but I can vouch that there are true Cub fans out there; we ran into a few guys wearing Cubs gear at Miller Park during a Twins/Brewers series, and correctly asked "Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian?"

They said Wrigley is such a hassle to get tickets to, that they'd just as soon come to Miller Park, not overpay, and watch a coupla neutral teams (I'm assuming they were rooting for the AL Twins as opposed to the division rival Brewers but could be wrong) play some good ball. I was impressed.

I still stand by my opinion that it was a bad call, and even though I feel relieved for the White Sox to get the win, I don't feel like it was earned. That game should have gone into extras.

1067074[/snapback]

I disagree that it wasn't earned. All the call did was put a runner on first with two outs. The ump didn't allow Ozuna to steal second and didn't throw the pitch that Crede ripped off the wall.

If we're going to blame the umping for the outcome of the game, let's not forget the horrible strike zone that the home-plate ump imposed. I saw a number of ankle-high pitches called "strikes" on Sox hitters. Konerko and Everett were fed up with it enough that they started saying things to him towards the end of the game. The Halos aren't the only one who got a bad break from the umps in this one.

Link

edit: so they took this down now...............

what a crazy angle fan, this is what he posted on the angles forum.

Tonight is Doug Eddings D Battery night at the Big A. Doug "the blind retarded spaz" Eddings, will be working right field and I think we should greet him with Boos and a S$!* Storm of D Batteries. Everyone within throwing distance of this Pr!ck, please bring a D battery to the game and nail him with it! They did this to JD Drew in Philly years ago and nothing beats being greeted by hundreds of D batteries to the face and head. I will be bringing a Sav-on brand D battery, the official battery of chucking! See you at the game tonight. Battery Chuckers Unite! P.S. You can hit AJ Sleazinski too....

Go Angels!!!!!

:D:D

the new monkey

Edited by whitem0nkey

Link

edit: so they took this down now...............

what a crazy angle fan, this is what he posted on the angles forum.

Tonight is Doug Eddings D Battery night at the Big A. Doug "the blind retarded spaz" Eddings, will be working right field and I think we should greet him with Boos and a S$!* Storm of D Batteries. Everyone within throwing distance of this Pr!ck, please bring a D battery to the game and nail him with it! They did this to JD Drew in Philly years ago and nothing beats being greeted by hundreds of D batteries to the face and head. I will be bringing a Sav-on brand D battery, the official battery of chucking! See you at the game tonight. Battery Chuckers Unite! P.S. You can hit AJ Sleazinski too....

Go Angels!!!!!

:D  :D

the new monkey

1068288[/snapback]

That guy must be from New York. :D

Wow, I'm pretty shocked. I thought the Sox would've been very lucky to have taken 2/3 in Anaheim (given that their best is .500 in series there over the past few years), but I never thought that they'd be in a position to SWEEP. :D

Sox starting pitching has been off-the-hook good. I was particularly impressed with Freddy last night, who has more than his share of bad games. He picked a great time to throw a gem. Paulie, Pods, and Tad have also really picked up their games. Scoring early is definitely the key to beating these guys.

I'm not sure what the heck is going on with Vlad or Anderson, but I'm expecting them to break out tonight. We've been lucky to keep these guys down for this long.

I wish that Selig would pull this horrible crew of umps. Yeah, it's been 87 years since we've gotten a break, but I'm sick of their awful calls taking away from what the Sox have accomplished during this series.

Anyway, here's hoping that we can erase a 46-year drought tonight... :D

The White Sux

1070365[/snapback]

Spoken like a drunken frat boy in the Wrigley Field bleachers.

:D:D:D

Given your penchant for creative naming, perhaps you should apply for a marketing job in the Angels front office. I'm sure that you could do a lot better than "The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim." :D

So, how does it feel to be swept at home and knocked out of the playoffs, with your big-money superstar going 1-20? :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Despite Sciosca's (sp?) best attempts it's clear the Angels never recovered form the call at the end of Game 2 and vaporlocked the rest of the series against lights out pitching.....

Good for the Sox, though, and as the friend of many White Sox friends and some family good for them!

Despite Sciosca's (sp?) best attempts it's clear the Angels never recovered form the call at the end of Game 2 and vaporlocked the rest of the series against lights out pitching.....

1076105[/snapback]

Agreed. They didn't seem to have any swagger whatsoever early on. I was shocked that Anderson didn't even try to throw out Rowand on the sac fly in the 2nd with NOBODY on base. It was a moderately-deep flyout, but still... what if Rowand stumbled on the way home? Other players were clearly pressing. Vlad was trying to hit every pitch (even the ones in the dirt) over the left-field wall. K-Rod and Escobar just flat-out choked.

This wasn't at all what I expected from a Mike Scioscia-coached team that won it all just a few years ago. I thought we'd be lucky to take 2/3 at Anaheim and that the series would definitely go back to Chicago. Granted, losing Colon hurt a ton, but a team with THAT much talent in their bullpen could've absorbed that hit. I'm just really surprised that they became so passive after losing Game 3.

Good for the Sox, though, and as the friend of many White Sox friends and some family good for them!

1076105[/snapback]

I'd love to say that call was the turning point and that the Angels had no chance of recovering, but hey, you gotta roll with the punches. The Sux starting pitching was outstanding, had timely hitting, and the Angels "big guns" were completely useless.

Congrats to the Sux... they're most likely going to face a hot Astros team with the best 1-2-3 starters in the game right now... Assuming the Astros take the NLCS, I say Astros in 6.

Well congrats to the White Sox! Back in the World Series after all of these years! :D

If Houston wins, which I think likely now, a Houston/Chicago series is definitely a much different flavor than in years past.

But...better hope that "Wild Card winning the World Series a lot thing " doesn't rear its ugly head...:D

All I can say is that I had a weekend from hell that travelled 3 states and pretty much ended where I left on Friday...with a dead car in my buddy's driveway. :D

Despite the crap I had to endure today, the only thing that really matters is this wonderful feeling I have from the White Sox showing up and playing like a championship caliber team does.

Well done, boys! :D