[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 6

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey hugh --

i'll keep it short. an owner in my league already has agreed to trade me rod smith. she also has deion branch. i feel they're pretty similar, but wanted to see if you think one's better than the other, in case i want to counteroffer. in our 14-team league, branch has slightly outscored smith. 1 pt per reception, 1 pt per 10 yds, 6 pt td. thanks

1063170[/snapback]

Smith is the primary target, albeit on a horrible passing team, but Branch is one of several targets, which may result in more inconsistency. Also, Smith plays in a division without defenses, which should help his numbers. I'd probably prefer Smith, but not by much.

who to start?

Stevens vs hou

Curtis vs Indy

or

Bryant vs Balt

pick one thanks

1063176[/snapback]

Wow. That really sucks. Try Curtis with Bruce being out. Methinks the Colts defense will be exposed this week against the Rams.

Lost Deuce, Westybrook on a bye.  Trying to trade for another RB but it's not looking promising.

Need to start two.

1 pt. per reception, 1 pt per 20 yds Rush/Rec, 6 for TDs, 9 for +40 TD's

Current choices

A. Smith

R. Droughns

M. Shipp

D. Foster

Is Fisher worth a look in GB ?

1063193[/snapback]

Shipp's on a BYE, probably won't post great numbers for you.

Fisher's on a BYE, see above.

Of the other 3, start Smith and Foster, and you'll probably need to say about 14 Hail Mary's.

Have 1 starting spot open:

Already starting Edge, Moss, CJ and Jurevicius.

Bell, Anderson, or go run & shoot with J. Smith. Pick ONE.

Bell and Anderson vs NE

Smith at Pitt

We do get .5 per reception

Thanks Hugh

1063200[/snapback]

Tough call. RB's in Denver's RBBC clusterf*ck or Jimmy Smith with a tough matchup. :D

Bell and Anderson is a crapshoot. Murphy's law says that whichever one you start, the other one will do well. Unfortunately, Jimmy Smith is not a better option against a tough Steeler defense.

Try Anderson and hope for the best.

Thanks Hugh

Sorry not Catholic but I'll drink 14 Bloody ones.  Should have the same effect.

1065990[/snapback]

Me neither. The bloody's should do fine. If they don't help, at least you'll be so hammered you won't care that your fantasy team sucked. :D

Hi Hugh,

Need some help determining my other starting RB this week. I have DD but then am torn between Dillon (injury concern) and Dunn. Dunn is running the ball super well, but Dillon gets the TD's which is heavily weighted in my league vs. total yds. With Dillon's injury not known, is it too much of a gamble to start him this week vs. DEN, or should I play it safe with Dunn and hope he can get me a TD along with his 100yds...

Hugh...

Steve Smith Vs Detroit

Plaxico Burress Vs Dallas (I already have Eli Manning as qb)

Or Santana Moss Vs Kansas City

scoring system:

6 per td

1 per 10 receiving yds

1063227[/snapback]

Burress all the way. Smith vs. Bly is not a great option, and with Smith's pattern of inconsistency, he's due for an off game. Plax is hot and consistent, give him the nod.

Hugh...sorry for so many questions but I'm torn this week.  Thanks in advance.  You Da Man Hugh!!

Should I start Heap V CLE or C. Anderson V SD?  The question is do I start Jurevicious V HOU or Givens @ DEN?  I need to start either Brooks V ATL or Brunell @ KC?  Thanks

1063257[/snapback]

Heap.

Jurevicius.

Brooks if Horn plays. Otherwise Brunell.

Post 'em here. I'm on a tight schedule tonight, so won't get to many of them until tomorrow, so make sure you check back in.

:D

1063085[/snapback]

Hugh I need three

Jurevicius at houston kind of a no brainer there

Glenn against Giants always a tough game

Crumpler against NO another no brainer

Kennison against the Skins

Bryant against Ravens not looking good for this one

Thanks

Chris

Post 'em here. I'm on a tight schedule tonight, so won't get to many of them until tomorrow, so make sure you check back in.

:D

1063085[/snapback]

Hugh what do you think about the situation with Corey Dillion? I also have S. Jackson and not thinking he is going to have a break out game against the ColtsD.

My backups are Smith, New Orleans and Thompson, Dallas.

What do you think?

Chris

Smith is the primary target, albeit on a horrible passing team, but Branch is one of several targets, which may result in more inconsistency. Also, Smith plays in a division without defenses, which should help his numbers. I'd probably prefer Smith, but not by much.

1065940[/snapback]

thanks hugh. i actually went with smith already because you took too long. just kidding! that was just my don banks impression. by the way, one more question: peyton or brees?