[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houston @ St. Louis

I Like Soup

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate LaRussa and am still bitter at Garner for running the Brewers aground (okay, it wasn't COMPLETELY his fault but the organization blew threw young arms at a ridiculous rate on his watch).

Even though I have nothing against most of the players, I just can't find any reason to have rooting interest in this series; and without rooting interest, I have no desire to watch a contest.

If the Astros are going to advance they need to get their bats going with runners in scoring position. Also, not sure if Pettitte is alright after seeing him in game one. I guess he got hit during warmups before the game.

I'm worried about Clemens vs. Morris tomorrow.  Morris gives up homeruns like Paris Hilton gives up her cootchie--and in that peculiar stadium they have down in Houston, it could get real ugly real quick.

1069913[/snapback]

Well, if the Braves can manhandle Clemens, imagine what the Cards will do to him.

I'm worried about Clemens vs. Morris tomorrow.  Morris gives up homeruns like Paris Hilton gives up her cootchie--and in that peculiar stadium they have down in Houston, it could get real ugly real quick.

1069913[/snapback]

Hello short porch!! :D

I don't mind saying that I have been rooting against Houston ever since they turned their season around.  They are the team in the NL that scared me the most.

1072437[/snapback]

And STL me. They're quality from top to bottom. Thus, I'm enjoying this while I can.

Yahhhhh!

The Cards will have to get past Pettite, Oswalt, and Clemmons to get to the WS...

I got some bad news for you folks...

1075103[/snapback]

You're right it is bad bad bad.

The Cardinals did beat those exact same pitchers in a 3 game series just after the all-star break. (Although I don't expect it to happen again).

The Cards just need Carpenter to beat Petitte to get the series back to St. Louis.

Very very ugly.

LaRussa had it coming.  I can't believe that ump just threw out Edmunds.  Horrible call on the strike call. :D

1075050[/snapback]

He probably did, but that doesn't excuse the horrible calls by the ump. LaRussa may have been a bit out of line (he can't really see the strike zone from the dugout), but that ump is lucky that he made that bad call on Edmonds and not someone like Carl Everett. Carl would've gone Spreewell on him.

That said, the Astros have been clearly out-playing the Cards since Oswalt's start last week. Can't blame the umps. I think the Cards win tonight, but lose Game 6 in St. Louis.