[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best restaurant city

MojoMan

Which city has the best restaurants in the US?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which city has the best restaurants in the US?

• NYC
    • Chicago
    • NOLA
    • SF
    • Seattle
    • Memphis for BBQ
    • Washington, DC
    • LA
    • Boston
    • Hotlanta
    • Dallas
    • Miami
    • Philly
    • Other (write in)

New York City. Them eye-talians can cook something good. My brother-in-law's brother is a NYC cop and took us to the non-tourist places that were delicious. There is a Manhattan Deli near work that some transplanted New Yorkers opened that I turned work on about and it's got the best pizza, subs, etc in town.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jebus ther are butterburgers all over the f'n place now

1066184[/snapback]

There's a butterburger place in Cheyenne, Wyoming. But there was a Hooters next door so I didn't try it.

I'm sure there are more top-rated restaurants in New York than anywhere else. Still, I like the dining experiences available on the West Coast. I voted for San Fran but I never have a hard time finding a great place in Seattle. Seattle has the Northwest flavor with the Pan-Asian scene melded in. San Fran has the pan-asian scene but more of the other cuisines as well. Doesn't hurt that Napa's next door either.

Isn't O'Connell's the best burger in StL twiley?

Dat's how I remember it.

1066410[/snapback]

O'Connell's has some good burgers but I prefer Blueberry Hill and Carl's Drive In. 2 different styles of burgers but both are great in their own way.

O'Connell's has some good burgers but I prefer Blueberry Hill and Carl's Drive In. 2 different styles of burgers but both are great in their own way.

1066422[/snapback]

Do they still have Steak and Shakes there?

Not that I'm saying they're great or even good but good memories.

Do they still have Steak and Shakes there?

Not that I'm saying they're great or even good but good memories.

1066424[/snapback]

Yeah, those are good as well. Carl's is a lot like Steak and Shake except the place only seats about 12 and they cook everything right in front of you.

Yeah, those are good as well. Carl's is a lot like Steak and Shake except the place only seats about 12 and they cook everything right in front of you.

1066429[/snapback]

Ted Drewes?

Cardwells?

Tony's?

Maybe I should have added the St.L to the list. I didn't like Imos that much. Amighetti's = yum.

Edited by MojoMan

You guys are great.  The topic is the best restaurant city and you're talking about greasy burger joints.  :D

1066450[/snapback]

no kidding. i mean, i like steak n' shake as much as the next guy, but sheesh. i guess that's what we get for trying to bring st. looey into the discussion :D

You guys are great.  The topic is the best restaurant city and you're talking about greasy burger joints.  :D

1066450[/snapback]

Yeah. I got sidetracked with memories of poorer, student days.

I really meant moderate to nice restaurants, say $20/person (without drinks/wine) and up.

no kidding.  i mean, i like steak n' shake as much as the next guy, but sheesh.  i guess that's what we get for trying to bring st. looey into the discussion :D

1066467[/snapback]

Well what would you like to discuss? American Bistro, Pan-Asian, French, Spanish Tapas, Middle eastern, cajun, etc? I've been to numerous restaurants across the nation and dine out frequently in St. Louis. Is St. Louis the culinary giant of the US? Probably not, but it does have an abundance and variety of fine dining establishments.

Well what would you like to discuss? American Bistro, Pan-Asian, French, Spanish Tapas, Middle eastern, cajun, etc? I've been to numerous restaurants across the nation and dine out frequently in St. Louis. Is St. Louis the culinary giant of the US? Probably not, but it does have an abundance and variety of fine dining establishments.

1066502[/snapback]

:D i was just gettin a little dig in :D