[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houston @ Chicago

whitem0nkey

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sox are underdogs the first game because of Clemens, and that's it. Both teams are evenly matched. I say if it goes 7 the Astros win, but the Sox are the favorite because of what they did so far in the playoffs.

For you guys pissing back and forth about the DH, let me clear it up. The DH is the DUMBEST thing to happen to baseball! If there was no DH in the AL then Guillen would have had to pinch hit for the pitchers at crucial times during the ALCS. Therefore no complete games. I'm not saying what they did wasn't anything short of remarkable, it was! But highly unlikely if there was no DH.

Sox fans, do not underestimate the Astros, they've been playing some pretty good ball also. With Clemens and Pettite, there is some quality WS experience there. Also, Guillen will have to MANAGE this series, something I personally don't think he can do.

Don't forget that the only decision he really had to make in the ALCS was in the 1st game, he brought in Marte, remember? And everyone of us retired as many batters as he did, ZERO!

Overall, I think it's going to be a well played Series and I'm looking forward to it. Baseball will be played at it's highest level! That's awesome in my book!

Good luck to all you fans in Houston, and good luck to the real White Sox fans! You all know who you are, and you know who "jumped" on in October!

Why would u want a pitcher to bat?????

It’s like having a vegetarian cook you meat.

Or like having Saddam Hussein be a doctor.

1086250[/snapback]

Why would you want a batter not go into the field?

It's like a boxer throwing barbs in the media before the big fight, but not willing to go into the ring to defend it. Defenseless.

It's like opening a glossy magazine and having blank pages. Empty.

It's like playing a chess game not knowing what checkmate is. No strategy.

It's like changing your oil with only a hammer. Doesn't have all the tools.

Should be a fun series.

It's like a boxer throwing barbs in the media before the big fight, but not willing to go into the ring to defend it.  Defenseless.

It's like opening a glossy magazine and having blank pages.  Empty.

It's like playing a chess game not knowing what checkmate is.  No strategy.

It's like changing your oil with only a hammer.  Doesn't have all the tools.

Should be a fun series.

1087922[/snapback]

The NL Vs. AL argument is so over done like the Brady Vs. Manning or Pete rose hall of fame agreement.

And I don’t want to piss you off I like those spreadsheets!!

I just wonder why so many people are saying the Sox have a better rotation. The only edge they have is their #4 starter because our Brandon Backe can be great or he can be average. If he is great like he was against the Cards, the Sox are in trouble. I'd take Clemens, Oswalt and Pettitte and Lidge coming in to close over any of the Sox pitchers any day. Everyone who is saying the Astros will win in 7, I'd have to disagree. If the Astros are gonna win, they better do it in 4, 5, or 6. I never like the chance of a game 7 away from home.

BTW...any Astros fans that want to participate, the city of Houston is having a "No Sox" week. Why support the White Sox by wearing white socks? I'm bear foot until this series is over!

I just wonder why so many people are saying the Sox have a better rotation.

1087969[/snapback]

I don't know who the hell you people are listening to, but I haven't heard anybody say that. They might have a SLIGHT edge with Garcia over Backe. Clemens isn't as dominant as he was back in the late '90s, but I still think that Oswalt is the most dominant pitcher we'll see this series. And, despite the greater depth in the Sox 'pen, they don't have an established stud closer. The quality of pitching is very close overall, but I'd give the 'Stros a slight edge.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I don't know who the hell you people are listening to, but I haven't heard anybody say that.  They might have a SLIGHT edge with Garcia over Backe.  Clemens isn't as dominant as he was back in the late '90s, but I still think that Oswalt is the most dominant pitcher we'll see this series.  And, despite the greater depth in the Sox 'pen, they don't have an established stud closer.  The quality of pitching is very close overall, but I'd give the 'Stros a slight edge.

1088138[/snapback]

Just watch ESPN or listen to ESPN Radio...

Just watch ESPN or listen to ESPN Radio...

1088168[/snapback]

Maybe that has to do with Clemens and Petitte having those couple poor games earlier in the playoffs and the Sox pitching being consistently good over the past two weeks (except for Garcia's so-so outing in Boston). None of that matters at this point, though.

It's like a boxer throwing barbs in the media before the big fight, but not willing to go into the ring to defend it.  Defenseless.

It's like opening a glossy magazine and having blank pages.  Empty.

It's like playing a chess game not knowing what checkmate is.  No strategy.

It's like changing your oil with only a hammer.  Doesn't have all the tools.

Should be a fun series.

1087922[/snapback]

Not that I'm a particularly strong supporter of the DH, but it isn't much fun to watch the #8 hitter walk and the #9 hitter to strike out four times a game, either.

Maybe that has to do with Clemens and Petitte having those couple poor games earlier in the playoffs and the Sox pitching being consistently good over the past two weeks (except for Garcia's so-so outing in Boston).  None of that matters at this point, though.

1088205[/snapback]

Yeah...doesn't matter either way. If anyone in the AL had to win it, I would have wanted it to be the Sox or Angels. So good luck Bill, should be a great series! If you didn't get a chance to read the story on Bagwell and Frank Thomas on ESPN.com, it is pretty interesting and really ironic.

Edited by Primetime9287

Yeah...doesn't matter either way.  If anyone in the AL had to win it, I would have wanted it to be the Sox or Angels.  So good luck Bill, should be a great series!  If you didn't get a chance to read the story on Bagwell and Frank Thomas on ESPN.com, it is pretty interesting and really ironic.

1089224[/snapback]

Yep, those similarities are eerie.

Hurt and Bags are two classy, steroid-free individuals who both deserve inductions into Cooperstown someday.

You administered all of their tests?

1090706[/snapback]

Anybody as fat as Frank definitely isn't on steroids. How many fat steroid-users have you seen? And let's not forget Frank's grand jury testimony.

We caught a lucky break last night. How often does Clemens have to leave a WS game after the 2nd inning? Contreras was dropping his arm down, suggesting that his should may be tired. I thought that Ozzie should've held him back until Game 3 because of the 17 1/3 he pitched in the ALCS. But it all worked out. He settled down and the bullpen was lights-out. And I've NEVER seen Crede play like this before. Dude, where have you been for the past few years?! :D

What an incredible series. :D

I can understand you not liking the rest of those toolish teams, but what in the world do you have against the Cardinals?

1087870[/snapback]

- LaRussa is an overrated pud

- Saint Steroid (aka McGwire)

- Pujols should be considered an unfair advantage :D

- team was once owned by, and plays in a stadium named after, the Dark Lords of the Evil Empire.

Okay, aside from worship of Tony Shades and Mark "The Juice" McGwire, there isn't really much to NOT like about the Cards.

ok, did anyone see Joe Buck give us a gay look. there might have been a wink, i am not sure. all i know is it was very weird.

1093068[/snapback]

hahhahha i saw that.....

hey so what do u think about the rain....i bet the over earlier in the day :D

should i hedge?

The umps are the White Sox' friends again.

Bad call on a non-hit-by-pitch leads to a grand slam.

(of course the strohs could have just gotten somebody out since everything happened with 2 outs)

1093376[/snapback]

It's the spirit of Kennesaw Mountain Landis atoning for his banning of the Black Sox.