[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FREE fantasy advice..

Avernus

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to start 3, std per scoring, no ppr, te same as wr.

Coles

Curtis

Whiten

B. Jones-just picked up

T. Williamson

Been doing ok with the 1st 3 so far, but with bulger out (have him too) worried about curtis. Was going to start williamson on a hunch, but got jones off the ww.

I have to start J Martin this week since my backup is harrington. WW is bare-Orton, Wright, A Smith only starting QB's left.

PS-any way i start R Williams over KJ?????

Alright Avernus,

I've got a couple of lineup questions for you this week....

C Brown @ ARI

L Jordan vs BUF

D Davis vs IND

T Jones vs BAL

Need one.

Also, which of these do you like: the Cincy D at home against PIT or the Chicago D at home against BAL?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Assuming Horn is out again--Moulds @ Oak or Hakim @ Stl?

Hakim has put up decent numbers in Horn's abscence...plus he might have added incentive against his old team.

Moulds, since Holcomb's at the helm he's had two decent games in a row...think a third is in order?

I'll throw one at ya:

Burleson vs GB

or

Gabriel vs Buf

standard scoring (1 pt rec/10 yds and bonus 100+)

1083907[/snapback]

hmm...I don't trust Burleson just yet, I'd go gabriel against a suddenly suspect Bills D who will be more focused on shutting down Jordan

good luck..

Whats your take on the TJ Houshmanzadeh injury and do I dare start him this week...I have a trade in the works for Rod Smith,Driver for Barlow,Givens, and Williamson...But the guy's making me wait...He lost McAllister, He only has Lewis,Holmes...So he kinda needs a backup or even a starter in his case. What do you think of those two issues?

J. Martin v NO or Holcomb @ OAK

Cooley v SF or Heap @ CHI

Moore v GB or Lewis @ CHI

Thanks!  Standard scoring

1083909[/snapback]

I hate to say this...but due to the matchup...I'd go Martin who should get plenty of yds and 2 scores at home where the crowd noise won't affect his communication with the wideouts...

Cooley has been getting some looks lately with Moss stealing his cousin's thunder...or is it his brother :hmm:

good luck this week..

Have to start 3, std per scoring, no ppr, te same as wr.

Coles

Curtis

Whiten

B. Jones-just picked up

T. Williamson

Been doing ok with the 1st 3 so far, but with bulger out (have him too) worried about curtis. Was going to start williamson on a hunch, but got jones off the ww.

I have to start J Martin this week since my backup is harrington. WW is bare-Orton, Wright, A Smith only starting QB's left.

PS-any way i start R Williams over KJ?????

1083911[/snapback]

I'd run KJ this week...word on the street says that Sclesinger is probable...so he might have his 1st 100+ yd game of the season...

and as for WR's...I think Witten and Curtis are your easy choices and Coles on MNF seems sensible....only reason I say to bench Williamson is because of all the distractions in Minny and he might be the #4 which won't get as much PT as he was when Burleson was out...

either way, your wideouts are almost a crapshoot except Witten and maybe curtis..

good luck this week

Ok lets see which 2 besides Harrison would you pick:

Harrison - a definate start here

Crumpler

Martin TE GBP

Jurevicius

A. Chatman

standard scoring .50 for each rec.

Thanks.

1083919[/snapback]

ok...I'd start Jurevicius and Crumpler....

I was tempted to say Martin over Jurevicius...but I don't see anyone on dallas being able to matchup well with him...plus Seattle is home, they play lights out at home usually..

good luck this week..

This week I face the #1 team in my fantasy league and I stand right now at #2 wich means every pt counts. I know questions are usually about the main skill positions but this one is about a place kicker. Like I said I need the most points possible and need the best one..

Right now I have J. Feely who has been playing well for me this past few weeks but Kaeding from the Chargers was just put on the wavier wire. Would it benifit me to pick him up and start him this week. Every pt counts(1pt for XP and 3pts for field goal)

thats right,...don't link me to your post....I'll read them and answer them here...

just make sure you list any unusual scoring rules and the matchups and we're good...

1083879[/snapback]

I'll bite...thanks.

Question 1

Applies to leagues 1 and 2 in sig.

With Bulger down, and Leftwich on a bye, I'm hurting at QB. Who should I start:

Jamie Martin

Kelly Holcomb

Question 2

Applies to leagues 1 in sig.

Who should I start in as my flex:

Antowain Smith @ STL

Mewelde Moore @ GB

Alright Avernus,

I've got a couple of lineup questions for you this week....

C Brown @ ARI

L Jordan vs BUF

D Davis vs IND

T Jones vs BAL

Need one.

Also, which of these do you like: the Cincy D at home against PIT or the Chicago D at home against BAL?

Thanks in advance for your input!

1083926[/snapback]

if it is 1 PPR, I go Jordan...otherwise, it's TJ because he's home and I think the Ravens are suspect against the run and the Chicago OL is pretty good with kreutz, brown and tait....they should be able to provide some movement for 100+ and a score again for TJ.....but with PPR, I'd say Jordan over him by 2 hairs and a wooden nickle...

good luck...

EDIT: Baltimore...

Edited by Avernus

Running Backs....WHICH 2 OF THE 4 BELOW WOULD YOU START:

Cadillac is on bye not that it mattered(hopefully he's ready to roll again after the bye week)

Tatum Bell @ Giants(tearing it up lately)-I think he is a lock for me here...

Julius Jones(Q) @ Seahawks-remember last years Mon bihgt game(I played him that night)...Thompson was overrated and the "D" train is just a career backup)...

Willie Parker @ Bengals-Slowed down a bit , Bus dissapointed last week...will he break one this week? hmmmm......any thoughts?

Droughns vs. Lions-only back I have with NO competition....he's due for a TD...but I'm not sold on him yet...

Of the 4 above which 2 do you feel good about?

QUICKIE QUESTION: KICKER....

WHO WOULD YOU START: JUST YOUR GUT-I KNOW KICKERS VARY EVERY WEEK...

VANDERJAGT @ TEXANS(they have more TD opps then FG's...)

LINDELL @ RAIDERS

Assuming Horn is out again-- @ Oak or Hakim @ Stl?

Hakim has put up decent numbers in Horn's abscence...plus he might have added incentive against his old team.

Moulds, since Holcomb's at the helm he's had two decent games in a row...think a third is in order?

1083940[/snapback]

Moulds has increased his numbers with Holcombe...plus I'd expect Hakim to play better at home rather than away....

Moulds has chemistry with Holcombe now..and is the safer play...