[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FREE fantasy advice..

Avernus

Brunell vs SF

Palmer vs Pit

20 passing/pt

3 pt/td pass

Thanks

1084209[/snapback]

wow...can you actually bench Palmer?...

YES....if your backup is on a tear and is playing what might be the worst defense in the NFL....

Brunell...

good luck..

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, the Saints D is downright awful...Martin didn't look bad until he started getting sloppy....I expect him to throw 2 TD's and have 250+...might even do 300 if Holt gets him some YAC yds....

Holcombe is a safe play QB who won't over-do anything...while Martin has a surplus of weapons...both are a risk...I took one with the higher reward

1084158[/snapback]

I guess if Holt is close to normal I'll play Martin. If Holt doesn't play, I'll go with Holcomb.

Thanks Avernus, appreciate your thoughts!

One more question if you dont mind: What do you think of Brees against the Eagles Sunday? Its either him or...gulp...Jake the Fake :D

Hugh please avert your eyes if you are reading this page :D

Thanks Avernus, appreciate your thoughts!

One more question if you dont mind: What do you think of Brees against the Eagles Sunday? Its either him or...gulp...Jake the Fake  :D

Hugh please avert your eyes if you are reading this page  :D

1084251[/snapback]

ouch...Jake plays the Giants who are weak on defense...but Denver plays on the road, so the matchup isn't as lucrative....and then you have Brees who is naturally the better option and the Eagles are allowing alot....even with the Eagles D coming off the bye, you still have to start Brees here...

Forgot to ask.

K.Jones (DET) vs Cle

or

A.Smith (NO) vs STL

1084254[/snapback]

I like KJ here with Sledge back clearing the path...Smith had a good week last week, but he's still splitting time with Stecker and they will be forced to sling the ball more as the rams will force them into throwing more than they'd like...

good luck..

Performance scoring.  Start 1.

Brees at Eagles

Dilfer vs Lions

Martin vs Saints

1084294[/snapback]

Brees...Dilfer will get around 200 and 1 TD...Martin would be in a shootout...but Brees is the better start against the Eagles who will have matchup problems with LT..

How's this for ugly 6pts TD / 1pt for 10yds....

Was holding out on news for Julius, now that Dolphins/Chiefs is on friday, I have to make a play with either Ricky or LJ if I want to have two RBs go this week. I am out of add drops for the year. Can go with 1rb/4wr or 2rb/3wr's, tho Here's what I have at those spots (that's not injured or on a bye)...

RB Larry Johnson, KC @ mIA

RB Julius Jones, DAL @ Sea <<< (Parcells again saying he'll decide on Sat.. I'm assuming this means he sits again)

RB Willie Parker, PIT @ Cin

RB Ricky Williams, MIA vs KC

WR Laveranues Coles, NYJ @ ATL

WR Eddie Kennison, KC @ mia

WR Eric Moulds, BUF @ oak

WR Amani Toomer, NYG VS Denver

WR Joe Jurevicius, SEA vs Dallas

WR Brandon Stokley, IND @ HOU

At this point, I'm thinking of rolling the dice with Ricky and sadly, using Fast Willie.

For WRS, I'm going Kennison/JJ/Moulds

What do you think...thanks. Fortunately, my opponent is pretty banged up too and has some studs on byes, so it may not be a lost cause this week.

Avernus,

Need some guru advice from you. Have been offered the following trade, any opinions?

I give up:

Dunn

McCareins

I get:

Ward

KJ

Can I afford to let go of Dunn? KJ might be better once Garcia starts, and Ward is a definite upgrade over McCareins and my WRs are banged up (Horn, Bruce, TJ). Should I pull the trigger?

Here is my current roster:

Green, Trent

Hasselbeck, Matt

Davis, Domanick

Dillon, Corey

Dunn, Warrick

Faulk, Marshall

Staley, Duce

Glenn, Terry

Horn, Joe NOS WR

Houshmandzadeh, T.J.

McDonald, Shaun

Smith, Jimmy

Stokley, Brandon

Gonzalez, Tony

Stevens, Jerramy

Lindell, Rian

Steelers, Pittsburgh

Bruce, Isaac

Standard Scoring 4 pnts per passing TD, *who I'm thinking

QB (1)

*Manning @ Hou

Brunell v. SF

McCown v Tenn

RB (2)

*Portis v. SF

Martin @ ATL

AGreen @ Minn

MMoore v. GB

Bettis @ Cincy

Benson v. Bal

Was going Martin but can AGreen break out this week?

WR (2)

*Driver @ Minn

*Moulds @ Oak

Burelson v. GB (not yet)

TJ Housh v. Pitt (to risky)

SSmith - bye

What do you think?

Oh and I have an offer for Pittman for McCown, both may be on the bench soon. Doesn't really help me.

I'm also trying to get Caddy so Pittman would be a wise backup......but the Caddy owners (yes owners :D ) haven't responded yet.

Thanks Av!

Avernus..2 questions...

for rb....

Antowain Smith Vs Stl

Mike Anderson Vs Giants

or

Mewelde Moore Vs Packers

scoring system: 6 pts per td, 1 pt every 10 yds rushing/receiving

also

for QB:

Steve Mcnair Vs Cardinals

Eli Manning Vs Broncos

Or

Josh McCown Vs Titans(I think he'll start over Warner)

scoring sytem:

6 pts per td

1 pt every 25 pass yds

-2 every INT

Edited by Whoop That Trick

Hi,

I have LJ Smith and Crumpler at TE. I have been picking the wrong one each week.

Who do you like this week and the rest of the year in case I trade one?

Smith vs SD or Crumpler vs NYJ

Thanks

1084305[/snapback]

I'd play Crumpler on monday night....but for the rest of the season I'd stick with LJ ...

good luck..

Oops, forgot my other league's QB decision.

Pick 1

Eli vs DEN

Hass vs DAL

Thanks for the help on my other one.

1084320[/snapback]

Hasselbeck because he's home....

Denver's D should give manning fits because Burress will likely be stifled..

Chambers V KC

or

Wayne @ Houston

I'm guessing another large helping of Edge at Houston limits Wayne's numbers and Chambers should at least be involved against one of the less than stellar secondaries but i'm having a hard time benching Wayne due to the fact he's been targeted the most of the wideouts at the Colts lately.

Thanks

Couple differnt lineup questions for your opinion this week:

At QB: Eli (vs DEN) or Trent Green (@ MIA). With Denver's strong line against the run and the possibility Champ may be out again, I'm leaning towards Eli.

At RB: Is Edge really worth starting against the Texans? (kidding, kidding) Looking for a #2 option. With the lineups due early, do I roll the dice on Julius or go with my only option as a #2 -- Bettis? Give one of them a chance or work like hell on a trade? The WW is pretty thin, and the only real alternative is to play D. Rhodes (@ HOU) and hope for another garbage time TD.

At WR: I'm starting Plaxico #1 (vs DEN), and leaning toward Rod Smith (@ NYG) at #2, but should I consider Glenn (@ SEA) instead? Think this is a no-brainer, but I'll throw it out there while I have you on the line.

Thanks for the help.

How's this for ugly 6pts TD / 1pt for 10yds....

Was holding out on news for Julius, now that Dolphins/Chiefs is on friday, I have to make a play with either Ricky or LJ if I want to have two RBs go this week.  I am out of add drops for the year.  Can go with 1rb/4wr or 2rb/3wr's, tho  Here's what I have at those spots (that's not injured or on a bye)...

RB Larry Johnson, KC @ mIA

RB Julius Jones, DAL @ Sea <<< (Parcells again saying he'll decide on Sat.. I'm assuming this means he sits again)

RB Willie Parker, PIT @ Cin

RB Ricky Williams, MIA vs KC

WR Laveranues Coles, NYJ @ ATL

WR Eddie Kennison, KC @ mia

WR Eric Moulds, BUF @ oak

WR Amani Toomer, NYG VS Denver

WR Joe Jurevicius, SEA vs Dallas

WR Brandon Stokley, IND @ HOU

At this point, I'm thinking of rolling the dice with Ricky and sadly, using Fast Willie.

For WRS, I'm going Kennison/JJ/Moulds

What do you think...thanks.  Fortunately, my opponent is pretty banged up too and has some studs on byes, so it may not be a lost cause this week.

1084322[/snapback]

for RB I'd go with JJ...I really think he's playing and would give him a shot...and for WR...I'd run Kennison, Moulds and Jurevicius...and then between LJ and Stokley, my gut tells me LJ...

I think these would be your best options

good luck...

Standard Scoring 4 pnts per passing TD, *who I'm thinking

QB (1)

*Manning @ Hou

Brunell v. SF

McCown v Tenn

RB (2)

*Portis v.  SF

Martin @ ATL

AGreen @ Minn

MMoore v. GB

Bettis @ Cincy

Benson v. Bal

Was going Martin but can AGreen break out this week?

WR (2)

*Driver @ Minn

*Moulds @ Oak

Burelson v. GB (not yet)

TJ Housh v. Pitt (to risky)

SSmith - bye

What do you think?

Oh and I have an offer for Pittman for McCown, both may be on the bench soon. Doesn't really help me.

I'm also trying to get Caddy so Pittman would be a wise backup......but the Caddy owners (yes owners  :D ) haven't responded yet.

Thanks Av!

1084388[/snapback]

ok...I'd love to start Brunell because you know he'll get probably 300 and 3 TD's...but you have to start manning here...although it IS tempting....but he plays Houston.....jesus...ahah

and as for RB...you got Portis and hmm....I like Moore, Green and Martin....

I think I'd go Martin as he usually does really well on MNF....but then again, Mawae is done...so...I'd go Green unless it's a PPR league, then I'd go Moore...

this is a rough choice with Mawae out, but I'd have to think with them losing the man who anchored that line...it should affect Martin's performance...

and umm...I'd probably do the McCown trade and pretty much move whoever you can at RB to get Caddy as you have plenty of #2/#3 RB's that you can play matchups with....but getting that back who you can start every week is priceless...

good luck this week....this is probably the trickiest series of questions I've been asked yet...

WR question

CJ is obvious, but I have to start 4WR's

leaning towards Ferguson, Burleson (if playing), and Hakim (if J. Horn is out), but I also have Randle El on the bench and Gaffney is on WW and so is L. Evans. Thoughts?

Or I could start both Wiggins and Cooley and only start 3 WR's Thoughts?

B. Engram is also now on the WW. Worth picking up?