[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FREE Fantasy Advice for week 8

Avernus

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C.Willams vs. Niners or P.Pass vs Bills

.1 point for every yard rushing or recieving. 7points per TD.

1100447[/snapback]

right now, I'd say pass easily....but if Caddy is good to go and has some positive things said, then I'd run with him....

Thanks in advance Avernus. Here is what Im looking at. I actually have 2 ?'s. First, who would you start at QB (1 pt. every 25 yards, 4 for tds)...

Eli vs. Was

Simms @SF

2. I need someone for my Flex2 spot since Alexander is off (1 point every 10 yards rushing/receiving, 6 for Rush/Rec TD)...

M. Barber @ Ari (Looked good last week and faces Weak D)

Curtis vs. Jax (No Holt or Bruce, but also no Bulger)

L. Johnson (23 carries last week...)

T. Henry (This is probably only an option if Brown doesnt play)

S. Davis @ Min (How could I forget him?)

Thanks again!

Edited by Primetime9287

Thanks in advance Avernus.  Here is what Im looking at.  I actually have 2 ?'s.  First, who would you start at QB (1 pt. every 25 yards, 4 for tds)...

Eli vs. Was

Simms @SF

2. I need someone for my Flex2 spot since Alexander is off (1 point every 10 yards rushing/receiving, 6 for Rush/Rec TD)...

M. Barber @ Ari (Looked good last week and faces Weak D)

Curtis vs. Jax (No Holt or Bruce, but also no Bulger)

L. Johnson (23 carries last week...)

T. Henry (This is probably only an option if Brown doesnt play)

Thanks again!

1100467[/snapback]

wow@the QB question....

I have no idea what to expect from Simms....I'd likely run Eli as he just seems willing and able to throw the ball down field and has plenty of weapons....

regardless of the matchup, I'd run him...you can't play matchups with these two until you see what Simms is capable of....

and for RB...I'd run L Johnson against the Chargers here.....the jags should shut down the run with vinny ailing and immobile as it is....

and Henry is already said to be splitting time with brown this week and no real word on him actually not playing....but my source on this isn't extremely accurate at this point in the week....

good luck..

Trade Aaron Brooks for Bulger in auction league that would leave me starting him for the rest of the season (low on WW transactions).

1100470[/snapback]

do you have another QB to start until Bulger returns from his injury?....if so, I'd do it...if not...NO...

good luck..

Hey Avernus,

I just bumped my posting, so I apologize if you've already answered my trade question.

I can get Steve Smith for Ronnie Brown, Chris Brown & Joe Jurevicious. Am I losing too much at RB? I'll still have LT2, T Jones & Fisher (but I don't have a ton of faith in the GB run offense). LT2's bye is week 10. Jones plays the 49ers & Fisher plays Atlanta.

Let me know if you need more info. Thanks.

Hey Avernus,

I just bumped my posting, so I apologize if you've already answered my trade question.

I can get Steve Smith for Ronnie Brown, Chris Brown & Joe Jurevicious.  Am I losing too much at RB?  I'll still have LT2, T Jones & Fisher (but I don't have a ton of faith in the GB run offense).  LT2's bye is week 10.  Jones plays the 49ers & Fisher plays Atlanta.

Let me know if you need more info.  Thanks.

1100584[/snapback]

the steve smith owner in my league asked for edge straight up...

I wish he'd ask for something like that...

Fisher is a fine bye week fill in when your starting lineup looks like that...

performance scoring w/rec.

Gabriel @ Tenn or L Evans @ NE?

defense/spt 6pts Tds; pts for keeping opponents score down; 2pts safety; 1 pt for every fum rec, int, sack. Pittsburg or Tampa Bay?

Pittsburgh (home against Baltimore--it looks like Reed&Lewis may be sitting so that lessens the odds of a Pitt turnover giving the ball in good field position to Baltimore....also it's the Monday night game).

Tampa Bay @ SanFran.

Thanks advance for the advice! :D

Dear scary belly shaking man,

I'm currently tied for my division and conference leads at 4-3. My team has really taken off lately(3 game winning streak, high scorer of the week for every win), and I'm starting to look ahead to the playoffs. I'm pretty confident that I'll take first in the conference, giving me a week 14 bye. Jacksonville draws the 49ers and Texans in weeks 15 and 16, making them the most desirable Def for the playoffs/finals.

I don't have a solid D, and the owner of Jax's D has no playoff hopes. He is also struggling at receiver a little this week. What receiver would you pair with SD(Jax has an equally juicy matchup in week 9) that should be able to get Jax from him, and is it worth it? Our defenses score pretty high, 1pt/sack,punt; 2pt/int,fumble; 6pt/TD, with bonuses for yards and points against totalling as much as 15.

His receivers look like this:

Bryant @ Texans

Fitz @ Cowboys

Porter @ Titans

Wayne - Bye

My team is in my sig. Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I have a couple questions for ya!

Green or Leftwich? 6pts Td and 1 pt every 20 yds passign

Then here is my rooster.

I need 2 rb's

2 wr

1 flex

I put a star by who I am thinking...

I also start a TE, since Crumpler has a bye, I picked up Troupe

*S. Smith vs Minn

*R. Moss vs Tenn

*B. Westbrook vs Denver

*M. Moore vs Car

* FLEX R. Brown vs NO

B. Jones VS OAK

K. Curtis VS JAC

E. Kennison VS SD

J. Lewis vs Pit

W. Parker vs Bal

Avernus - 2 quick questions

With Wayne on a bye this week, do I start C. Chambers @ Saints or D. Gabriel @ Tennessee?

Also, DJax is on the WW in my 12 team redraft league (scoring and roster in sig). Is there anyone on my roster you'd drop to get him? I'm hopeful of making the playoffs with this team.

Thanks dude.

Got some tough ones this week, looking for an opinion on who I got. sorry for the length, didn't want to post twice.

League 1 standard scoring

RB: need 2 (*who I have right now)

*Portis@NYG

*MMoore@Car

Martin - bye

Bettis V. Balt

Pittman @ SF

AGreen - dropped :D

I wish they would make a decision with Caddy (see below). I see Pittman as a must start over Moore if Caddy is out

WR: need 2

*S.Smith v. Minn

*Driver @ Cincy - Favres only option

Burelson @ Car - good match up but worth a start over Driver?

TJ Housh v. GB - see above

Hakim v. NO

League 2 bonus for over 100 yds rush/rec; 300 yds passing

QB:

*Brunell @ NYG

Favre @ Cincy - keep changing my mind on this one

RB: need 2

S.Alexander - bye

*S.Jackson v. Jax

*Caddy @ SF :D dropped MMorris for Wiggins to cover Crumplers bye

WR: need 3

*C.Johnson v. GB

*Driver @ Cincy

*Curtis v. Jax

Glenn v. Ariz

TJ Housh v. GB

Ok so my WR all have nice matchups, gotta keep Driver in right? If Caddy doesn't play my RB are F'd. I have a trade offer to a guy - TJ Housh for MMoore.....sound good? He hasn't responded yet. He's a teacher and isn't on line that much during the day :D . I'm also heading to a wedding on Sat AM probably won't have access to make any last minute decision. I'm going to talk to the commish about that. Not much on WW (Betts, Foster) but would have to drop Glenn, TJ or Crumpler.....small lineups.

So what do you think.

Edited by nhoops

Good morning Avernus! :D

Just a couple questions:

I need to start TWO of the following QBs: Leftwich, Plummer, Brees, or McCown

(5 points per TD thrown, 6 points per TD rush, 1 point per 60 yards passing, 1 point per 20 rushing. NO negative points for fumbles, sacks, ints). What do ya think?

Secondly, should I start Terry Glenn v AZ or Tony G @ SD as my flex guy?

Thanks as always!

Gdawg

performance scoring w/rec.

Gabriel @ Tenn or L Evans @ NE?

defense/spt 6pts Tds; pts for keeping opponents score down; 2pts safety; 1 pt for every fum rec, int, sack.     Pittsburg or Tampa Bay?

Pittsburgh  (home against Baltimore--it looks like Reed&Lewis may be sitting so that lessens the odds of a Pitt turnover giving the ball in good field position to Baltimore....also it's the Monday night game).

Tampa Bay @ SanFran.

Thanks advance for the advice! :D

1100609[/snapback]

I think I like the steelers more on primetime...they are more likely to get a TD as they play more fired up in this setting...

but the Bucs against the Niners is also a tremendous matchup...but I just see the Steelers getting a TD on monday night...they play more fired up and the Ravens offense is like a sitting duck

good luck

also, I'd run gabriel....I just don't trust the pats d off a bye against a division opponent..

Edited by Avernus