[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FREE Fantasy Advice for week 8

Avernus

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear scary belly shaking man,

I'm currently tied for my division and conference leads at 4-3.  My team has really taken off lately(3 game winning streak, high scorer of the week for every win), and I'm starting to look ahead to the playoffs.  I'm pretty confident that I'll take first in the conference, giving me a week 14 bye.  Jacksonville draws the 49ers and Texans in weeks 15 and 16, making them the most desirable Def for the playoffs/finals.

I don't have a solid D, and the owner of Jax's D has no playoff hopes.  He is also struggling at receiver a little this week.  What receiver would you pair with SD(Jax has an equally juicy matchup in week 9) that should be able to get Jax from him, and is it worth it?  Our defenses score pretty high, 1pt/sack,punt; 2pt/int,fumble; 6pt/TD, with bonuses for yards and points against totalling as much as 15.

His receivers look like this:

Bryant @ Texans

Fitz @ Cowboys

Porter @ Titans

Wayne - Bye

My team is in my sig.  Thanks in advance.

1100610[/snapback]

I'd throw Porter at him...if he doesn't bite....then go with Bryant...

good luck..

Curtis, Key, or Branch...pick 2

Curtis has been very consistent and better if Holt is out, Key has been putting up steady numbers, they play Zona...and Branch is feast or famine...help...thx

1100682[/snapback]

I'd run with Curtis and Branch on primetime...Brady loves throwing to him in the big games..

good luck

Hi there,

I have a couple questions for ya!

Green or Leftwich? 6pts Td and 1 pt every 20 yds passign

Then here is my rooster.

I need 2 rb's

2 wr

1 flex

I put a star by who I am thinking...

I also start a TE, since Crumpler has a bye, I picked up Troupe

*S. Smith vs Minn

*R. Moss vs Tenn

*B. Westbrook vs Denver

*M. Moore vs Car

* FLEX R. Brown vs NO

B. Jones VS OAK

K. Curtis VS JAC

E. Kennison VS SD

J. Lewis vs Pit

W. Parker vs Bal

1100699[/snapback]

I'd run Lefty at QB....and probably Parker on monday night instead of Brown....the rest looks good...

good luck...

Avernus - 2 quick questions

With Wayne on a bye this week, do I start C. Chambers @ Saints or D. Gabriel @ Tennessee?

Also, DJax is on the WW in my 12 team redraft league (scoring and roster in sig). Is there anyone on my roster you'd drop to get him? I'm hopeful of making the playoffs with this team.

Thanks dude.

1100710[/snapback]

Chambers...

I'd love to pick up DJax and drop Gabriel...but I think gabriel might play a more significant role in the raiders offense with Moss getting so much attention and Jordan keeping them honest...

and Djax might not come back the same, you are too deep to drop anyone

good luck..

Hey, man, look into your crystal ball........do you think Dillon plays this week, and how effective  will he be ?    NOTE TO SELF :  DO NOT EVER DRAFT DILLON AGAIN, thank you BB !!! :D

1100712[/snapback]

ahaha...I have no clue....and even if he starts, who knows how effective he'll be....even against a weak Bills run D.....

he's the biggest ???? there is

Got some tough ones this week, looking for an opinion on who I got.  sorry for the length, didn't want to post twice.

League 1 standard scoring

RB: need 2 (*who I have right now)

*Portis@NYG

*MMoore@Car

Martin - bye

Bettis V. Balt

Pittman @ SF

AGreen - dropped  :D

I wish they would make a decision with Caddy (see below).  I see Pittman as a must start over Moore if Caddy is out

WR: need 2

*S.Smith v. Minn

*Driver @ Cincy - Favres only option

Burelson @ Car - good match up but worth a start over Driver?

TJ Housh v. GB - see above

Hakim v. NO

League 2 bonus for over 100 yds rush/rec; 300 yds passing

QB:

*Brunell @ NYG

Favre @ Cincy - keep changing my mind on this one

RB: need 2

S.Alexander - bye

*S.Jackson v. Jax

*Caddy @ SF  :D dropped MMorris for Wiggins to cover Crumplers bye

WR: need 3

*C.Johnson v. GB

*Driver @ Cincy

*Curtis v. Jax

Glenn v. Ariz

TJ Housh v. GB

Ok so my WR all have nice matchups, gotta keep Driver in right?  If Caddy doesn't play my RB are F'd.  I have a trade offer to a guy - TJ Housh for MMoore.....sound good?  He hasn't responded yet.  He's a teacher and isn't on line that much during the day :D .  I'm also heading to a wedding on Sat AM probably won't have access to make any last minute decision.  I'm going to talk to the commish about that.  Not much on WW (Betts, Foster) but would have to drop Glenn, TJ or Crumpler.....small lineups.

So what do you think.

1100782[/snapback]

I agree with your RB's UNLESS Pittman is named the starter, then take Moore out....otherwise, you're good

WR's are good too...

Brunell is another good start as well..

and as for RB....prepare as if Caddy isn't playing...

and yea....everything looks about good....just check to start Pittman or not...

good luck...

Avernus,

Help! I need to pick 2 RBs and 3 WRs and the matchups are throwing me off. I have the rest figured out.

Scoring: yards + TDs, extra points for long yardage TDs.

RB's:

Kevin Jones vs. Bears

Reuben Droughns @ Texans (obvious start)

Travis Henry vs Raiders

Tatum Bell vs Eagles

Willis McGahee @ Patriots

WRs:

Mike Williams vs Bears

Kevin Curtis vs Jaguars

Steve Smith vs Vikings (obvious start)

Doug Gabriel @ Titans

Lee Evans @ Patriots

Az-Zahir Hakim (Q) vs Dolphins

I know I should start Droughns and Steve Smith this week. Who would you start after those guys? I need 2 more WRs and 1 more RB.

Thanks in advance.

Land Thief Out!

Thanks for the help. Sig is below. I will be starting Palmer, Priest, DD, S. Smith & Plax. I need (1) other position from the following:

Anquan Boldin @ Cowboys - VG defense lately. Held SA to little yardage. Boldin no catches last week.

Larry Johnson @ Chargers - Been getting some work & some tds. Could be a good combo with Priest with a tough Charger D.

Heath Miller vs Ravens - Scored 3 straight weeks but does not get yardage.

I have a few other option but I think these are by far my best.

Need best option to score and get over 100 yards. Thanks aqain.

Good morning Avernus!  :D

Just a couple questions:

I need to start TWO of the following QBs: Leftwich, Plummer, Brees, or McCown

(5 points per TD thrown, 6 points per TD rush, 1 point per 60 yards passing, 1 point per 20 rushing. NO negative points for fumbles, sacks, ints). What do ya think?

Secondly, should I start Terry Glenn v AZ or Tony G @ SD as my flex guy?

Thanks as always!

Gdawg

1100805[/snapback]

I'd run Leftwich and Brees....Plummer should struggle against a very fiesty Eagles D and the Dallas defense appears to be taking things in stride right now and will have no problem shutting down the one dimensional offense of the Cardinals..

also...I think I'd start Gonzo as he's finally starting to see some throws and he'll have a big ego fest against Gonzo in a divisional rival battle.....not to mention the Cardinals defense is an enigma and somehow tends to give decent offense's trouble...it was their special teams that just gave great field position to other teams

good luck...

I have Holt and rumors have it that he might be out for an extended period of time. I also have SJAX and M. Faulk as insurance...Should I drop Faulk for Shaun McDonald? Faulk is taking up space...

Here is my team (12 team perf.) start 1qb,3rb,3wr,1te,1def,1k

duante

Matt Hasslebeck

SJAX

Priest

Willie P

Torry Holt

Roy Williams

Bobby Engram

TJ Housh

Doug Gabriel

Bralyon Edwards

Alge Crumpler (bye this week)

NE def

INDY def (bye)

Matt Bryant

Thanks doggs!

12-team league, standard performance + TD scoring.

Which one of these two guys would you start?

Ronnie Brown @ NO

Fred Taylor @ STL

(interestingly DMD has them projected almost identically)

1100811[/snapback]

hmm...I'll have to say Taylor as the Saints have been playing mad lately....the Rams just simply can't stop the run..

good luck...

Thanks Avernus!

Need Flex Help!

Bell vs Philly

Lewis at Pitt

Curtis vs Jacksonville.

Also - would you trade D. Driver/Lewis for Dunn/Galloway?

Thanks!

1100819[/snapback]

hmm....I'd like to start Bell....but Curtis has been consistent...plus the Eagles D is fired up...

I wouldn't be shocked if Bell broke one early...but it's too much of a gamble, I'd run Curtis here...

good luck..

Jones v. DET or Westbrook v. DEN to start along with Jordan?

Need 3 from:

Curtis v. JAX

Hakim v. MIA

Givens v. BUF

Gabriel v. TEN

Roy W. v. CHI

Thanks!

1100917[/snapback]

Westbrook is too much of a weapon in the air to bench...especially if it's a PPR league....even if it isn't, him and LJ are pretty much the focal point of this offense that can't throw past 25 yds...

good luck...

I did not know if I should copy my post or leave a shortcut. So here is the shortcut:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=122155

1100930[/snapback]

you have to run Brunell against that weak secondary of the Giants....McNabb is way too beat up and Leftwich doesn't have quite the weapons, regardless who he faces...

run Westy at RB as well...

also run Cooley at the flex spot with MRob contending with 3 other guys for looks

good luck...

Dear scary belly shaking man,

I'm currently tied for my division and conference leads at 4-3.  My team has really taken off lately(3 game winning streak, high scorer of the week for every win), and I'm starting to look ahead to the playoffs.  I'm pretty confident that I'll take first in the conference, giving me a week 14 bye.  Jacksonville draws the 49ers and Texans in weeks 15 and 16, making them the most desirable Def for the playoffs/finals.

I don't have a solid D, and the owner of Jax's D has no playoff hopes.  He is also struggling at receiver a little this week.  What receiver would you pair with SD(Jax has an equally juicy matchup in week 9) that should be able to get Jax from him, and is it worth it?  Our defenses score pretty high, 1pt/sack,punt; 2pt/int,fumble; 6pt/TD, with bonuses for yards and points against totalling as much as 15.

His receivers look like this:

Bryant @ Texans

Fitz @ Cowboys

Porter @ Titans

Wayne - Bye

My team is in my sig.  Thanks in advance.

1100610[/snapback]

okay then...throw him Glenn and try to get Fitz...if that doesn't work...try to get Wayne....

ps: please just post your lineup next time...I usually just click the "reply" button because I respond as I read...it slows things down

good luck this week, though....

Avernus,

Help!  I need to pick 2 RBs and 3 WRs and the matchups are throwing me off.  I have the rest figured out. 

Scoring: yards + TDs, extra points for long yardage TDs.

RB's:

Kevin Jones vs. Bears

Reuben Droughns @ Texans (obvious start)

Travis Henry vs Raiders

Tatum Bell vs Eagles

Willis McGahee @ Patriots

WRs:

Mike Williams vs Bears

Kevin Curtis vs Jaguars

Steve Smith vs Vikings (obvious start)

Doug Gabriel @ Titans

Lee Evans @ Patriots

Az-Zahir Hakim (Q) vs Dolphins

I know I should start Droughns and Steve Smith this week.  Who would you start after those guys?  I need 2 more WRs and 1 more RB. 

Thanks in advance.

Land Thief Out!

1100984[/snapback]

when in doubt, run the player in the primetime game....expect McGahee to fare well...so you run Droughns and McGahee...

and for WR, run Smith, Curtis and hakim

good luck..