[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FREE Fantasy Advice for week 8

Avernus

Hi Avernus!

I'm having a really hard time each week picking the right players.  If I start 1 guy, the guy on the bench will score..  :D I'm starting to hate FFB.. (just kidding)

Here's my questions:

QB... Start Brady vs Buffalo or M Brunell vs NYG?

(I also have Bulger)

WR's:  PLEASE PICK 2 TO PLAY ALONG CHAD JOHNSON.

Terry Glenn vs AZ

K McCardell vs KC

K Curtis vs Jax

Basic scoring TD's and Yards..

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

1101992[/snapback]

Brunell over Brady and....McCardell with Curtis.....good luck

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Avernus, who would you rather start this week Tatum Bell (vs. PHI) or Michael Pittman (@SF)? 1 point per 10 yards rush/rec, 6 per TD, 1 ppr.

I am leaning toward Pittman, even if Caddy plays.

Also, which WR would you start in similar league with same scoring:

Gabriel (@TEN)

Kennison (@SD)

Mason (@PIT)

1102063[/snapback]

Pittman...he'll likely have the whole 2nd half to himself....

Kennison and Gabriel

good luck

My WR's are a mess...with that said I dont know who to start this week..

Horn or Hakim V MIA

Moss or Gabriel V TEN

Kennison V SD

Givens V BUF

I need to pick 3. Could I even consider starting both Gabriel and Moss?

1102453[/snapback]

run Kennison, Moss/Gabriel and Hakim/Horn....if the 2 studs are playing, run them...if not, run their backups...

good luck

P. Manning & C. Benson for Hasselbeck & W. Parker or K. Jones

I've been offered this trade (with myself giving up Peyton). I think this is a good deal for me. My question is which running back is better, Willie Parker or Kevin Jones? League scoring is basically a TD only league, with 5pts awarded per 100 yds rushing as the only yardage points given. Need to know which RB is better.

Thanks!

I'd actually sit Caddy as he may only play for a half and then give way to Pittman since they'll be crushing the Niners by that point

good luck...

1102449[/snapback]

ya my bad..i guess i didnt detail my question good enough...i can only start one of these guys...

Caddy

Lamont Jordan

Or

T.Jones

you eliminated caddy so its between T jones vs detroit and LaMont

P. Manning & C. Benson for Hasselbeck & W. Parker or K. Jones

I've been offered this trade (with myself giving up Peyton). I think this is a good deal for me. My question is which running back is better, Willie Parker or Kevin Jones? League scoring is basically a TD only league, with 5pts awarded per 100 yds rushing as the only yardage points given. Need to know which RB is better.

Thanks!

1102517[/snapback]

I think that Parker is the better short term solution and KJ is a higher risk pick up....

go with parker...

good luck

The Giants D at home VS Washington

or Browns at Houston?

Points only for turnovers and sacks. Will the Browns get sacks? Hpouston averages about 7 a game.

1102562[/snapback]

Browns D is a very nice sleeper D...the Giants D should get lit up....even if they are divisional rivals..

ya my bad..i guess i didnt detail my question good enough...i can only start one of these guys...

Caddy

Lamont Jordan

Or

T.Jones

you eliminated caddy so its between T jones vs detroit and LaMont

1102587[/snapback]

I'd run with LaMont, the Titans shouldn't be able to do alot of scoring as their strength is running the ball and the Raiders aren't bad at stopping it...but nobody is giving them credit for it, it appears....

so this will give Jordan plenty of chances to run, plus he'll help exploit their weak pass defense..

would you drop Porter for Andre Johnson?? He hit the wire last night, I have a waiver in for him, both are doing jack Athenae this year. Andre just seems like a better option being the #1 man in Hou.

1102739[/snapback]

pick your poison, I think Porter is finally coming around....but Andre has more talent and the others are starting to make SOME plays without him...

so he won't be smothered in coverage when he returns...

do it...

good luck

standard scoring league, no ppr

Pick 3

R. Smith vs PHI

K. Curtis vs JAX

L. Evans @ NE

D. Gabriel @ TEN

Mi. Clayton @ SF

Thanks.

1103730[/snapback]

Clayton, Curtis and Smith....the other 2 are more of a crapshoot...Smith might come up with SOMETHING and gets majority of the looks in the pass attack...

I have Alexander on a bye.  Which two should I start of Caddy @ S.F, Pittman @ S.F, M Barber vs Arizona, or T Fisher @ Cincy?  Thanks!

1105025[/snapback]

hmm....I'd run Fisher and Pittman....he's a much safer bet than Caddy right now as I expect Caddy to come out at halftime and make way for Pittman who should see some looks in the 1st half as well..

WDIS: Eli hosts the Skins in what could be a shootout; Delhomme hosts the Vikes, whose D makes you drool but it could turn into a ground game.  Right now I'm leaning towards Delhomme and if Plax doesn't start, then no question to Delhomme.

Thanks.

1105040[/snapback]

run Delhomme regardless, I expect the Skins to give Eli fits...

good luck..