Sign in to follow this  
msaint

Trading Torry Holt a good idea?

A Rams homer in my league might want to get Holt. He's toward the bottom of our standings, has Leftwich/J.Smith. I have Bulger/Holt. I could propose a deal where he gets Holt, I get Jimmy Smith, we split up the sometimes dreaded "QB-WR double dip combo" and hedge our bets a bit. ALSO, I might try to slip in Bus for Kevin Jones to get a possible upside RB rest of season.

Biggest question is, do you think it's wise to trade Holt now, or hope that he, like Bulger, comes back strong after their bye week? JSmith has a great schedule from here on out. If you DO think it's a good move to get something for Holt while his value is still relatively high, it would be...

I give: Holt and Bus

He gives: Smith and KJones.

Should I propose this?

That's a tough one. Probably why nobody has replied. Jimy Smith and KJ have a favorable schedule. Holt..who knows? I say do it.

I remember reading that SLT has a very easy schedule the last quarter of the season. I think that once SLT return from their bye week - production will pick up to normal levels.

I would hold with what you have - unless you really want to improve you RB senario.

I don't think I'd do it. I would think Holt and Bulger will be healthy after their BYE and I'd rather have Holt than Smith. These are the starters in the deal.

Parker also has a decent looking schedule, so I'm not sure you'd need KJ.

So it looks to me like a downgrade at your starter for an upgrade at your backups. This doesn't help you score more points.

all good points...maybe i'm fearing another out of left field "hey, look, my knee's worse than we thought and i'm out for the season" scenario, a la deuce. but i think i'll roll the dice that another 2 weeks of rest will do the trick for holt & stand pat.

Holt thought about playing this week, then decided to wait till after the bye. Don't do it, Holt will be a stud 2nd half.

Yup...I'm stepping away from the ledge...stepping away.....thanks. :D

I like it.

The Holt injury scares me, especially all the talk of it maybe being worse than indicated. I don't think he'll even be back to form until Bulger returns. So he could be good for the playoffs.

I just traded him for Harrison straight-up but I've been burned by too many injuries this year.

Smith is a drop-off if Holt is fine the rest of the way but I feel KJ could be huge during the end of the year.

Looking at your roster and considering the injury, I would do it.