[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

White Sox criticism

tbimm

OK so the White Sox are World Champs.

It seems that there are many people that are bothered by this fact so as a Sox fan I would like to respond to some of the critcism.

You say nobody cared that we won the Series. Thats OK cause we cared and were The World Champs!

You say we have a crappy stadium. Thats OK we already know that and were The World Champs.

You say we dont know anything about baseball. Thats OK because we know that we are The World Champs!

You say we are a bunch of drunken idiots. Thats OK we already know that. We are The World Champs.

You say that the Cubs are still Americas team. Thats OK we would rather be The World Champs!

You see it's like this, being a Sox fan means we will always have to hear this criticism. Being The World Champs means we dont have to give a dam n what you think!

nice post....

i actually dont think the park is that bad...the upper deck is the killer, but the lower deck and outfield are just fine by me...i think its the location thats terrible...they shouldve put it in the south loop closer to the city imho

actually most sox fans i know are baseball savvy

cant argue with the drunken idiot thing

and as a flub fan, i too would rather have a ring than be americas team..

Edited by dmarc117

I'm a baseball fan.

And I'm curious.

I've never understood the inferiority complex, that's all.

I'm a Devils fan. Over the years, going to playoffs games, there are fans cheering "Rangers suck". The Rangers don't make the playoffs, they shouldn't even be in people's minds. I don't know why they do it.

This seems to be the same thing.

Again... still worried about the Cubs... why is that?

1110211[/snapback]

the hatred runs deep my friend, the hatred runs deep. i have been to numerous cubs games. i'm always the a$$hole rooting for the opposite team. i was also at the game back in the mid 70's when rennie stennet (sp) set the record for most hits in a nine inning game. he went 9 for 9 in a pirates slaughter. something like twenty something to 3 was the final. i hate the cubs, still enjoy going there. many more fond memories from old comiskey. getting ricky henderson to flip me off in the picnic area as i assaulted him with racial slurs and mom jokes. harrassing opposing teams relievers in the bullpen. (i was a punka$$ in my younger yrs) going up to harry carry when he did his announcing from the stands, watching him pound falstaffs. bill veeck walking around and greeting fans and taking time to talk to me. south side hitmen, the heartbreak of 83 and britt burns.

in closing, yes, we sox fans could give a flying f u c k about the cubs and the rest of the baseball world. WE ARE THE WORLD CHAMPS!! i still get goosebumps when i say it.

I'm a baseball fan.

And I'm curious. 

I've never understood the inferiority complex, that's all.

I'm a Devils fan.  Over the years, going to playoffs games, there are fans cheering "Rangers suck".  The Rangers don't make the playoffs, they shouldn't even be in people's minds.  I don't know why they do it.

This seems to be the same thing.

1110232[/snapback]

I don't understand why such a "casual fan" would have such a problem with me telling Dusty Baker to "stop whining."

And I don't see where the "inferiority complex" comes into play. Why would I feel "inferior" to a team that hasn't won anything since 1908?

I don't know, you tell me.

I can only assume its because the Cubs have been more popular, I'm really not sure, that's why I'm asking.

1110248[/snapback]

So, I have an "inferiority complex" because I tell Dusty Baker to "stop whining?"

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. :D

No, you have an inferiority complex because you can't get the Cubs out of your mind, no matter what good comes to your own team.

You won the title, and still have to worry about whether Dusty Baker was rooting for you or not.

1110266[/snapback]

I wouldn't have had the Cubs in my mind if Dusty hadn't mouthed off last week. And I don't think that any Sox fan feels "inferior" to the Cubs at this point.

Perhaps you're the one with the inferiority complex, since the Yankees couldn't do squat with a $200 million payroll this year. Instead of worrying about how the Yankees will be able to get out of the financial hole they've dug themselves in, you spend your time baiting fans of the WS champions.

Edited by Bill Swerski

All I was trying to ask is why someone is a "crybaby" for not rooting for the White Sox or Cardinals. That's all I was asking. It sort of morphed into why, even though you won, are still concerned with the Cubs. It reminded me of last year... and now sort of reminded me about the hockey analogy.

The fact that the Yankees didn't win with a $200 million payroll has nothing to do with anything (other than further the point that a huge payroll isn't the huge advantage some would believe)

All I was trying to ask is why someone is a "crybaby" for not rooting for the White Sox or Cardinals.  That's all I was asking.  It sort of morphed into why, even though you won, are still concerned with the Cubs.  It reminded me of last year... and now sort of reminded me about the hockey analogy.

The fact that the Yankees didn't win with a $200 million payroll has nothing to do with anything  (other than further the point that a huge payroll isn't the huge advantage some would believe)

1110290[/snapback]

It is funny, isn't it? The best part is that Dusty "mouthed off" when he was asked a queation with a mic in his face. The most 'offensive' thing he said was there was no way he'd root for the Angels since the beat him in 2002. Those calling him a baby are the babies themselves, :D because it doesn't matter.

i've got plenty of friends from Boston, but still put them through the ringer when the Pats won in 2003, and the fans chanted "Yankees Suck" at the Super Bowl parade. :D

Being from Chi Town I obviously have lots of family there. They are almost all Cubs fans. I actually wrote this for our family fantasy football board because they have been trashing the Sox ever since the series ended! I liked it so much that I thought I would share it here. Inferiority complex? I think not. After all we are The World Champs.

My hatred for the Cubs runs very deep as I am also a Cardinals fan.

By the by, Hey Darin how about those Sox pitchers. No sir I havent forgotten the thread where you told us they were overrated!

and white sox fans wonder why they have a bad name....

its chumps like billy swersky

:D

1110652[/snapback]

Funny, the Cubs fans here don't even like you...

Only this dmarc dude is running around being childish.

1109380[/snapback]

You've already gone out of your way to reinforce several negative stereotypes. This might be a good time to stop. :D