[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

...Fantasy Advice Thread...

I have NO RBs other then DD. My other Def is the Giants. Does it pay for me to trade the Colts and DD for Tiki and Den? I feel that I am upgrading at RB for the rest of the yr and by matching Den with the Giants D I should be okay. NO?

We get 1pt/10yds rush rec and 1pt/recpt. We get etra pts for long TDs, over 100yds and 7 or recpt.

Do I do this trade?

Already asked Hugh and Avernus...might as well get your take on it as well.

I was just offered Harrison and R. Brown for K. Jones and L. Johnson. Standard performance scoring. We start 3 WR's. We don't have to play a TE (but can).

My roster:

Pos Player, Team

QB Mark Brunell, WAS

QB Matt Hasselbeck, SEA

QB Eli Manning, NYG

RB Brian Westbrook, PHI

RB Michael Pittman, TB

RB Edgerrin James, IND

RB Larry Johnson, KC

RB Kevin Jones, DET

WR Anquan Boldin, ARI

WR Chad Johnson, CIN

WR Doug Gabriel, OAK

PK Jeff Reed, PIT

Def Bengals, Team Defense, CIN

His:

Pos Player, Team

QB Trent Green, KC

QB Byron Leftwich, JAC

RB Ronnie Brown®, MIA

RB Chris Perry, CIN

RB Priest Holmes, KC

WR Ashley Lelie, DEN

WR Terry Glenn, DAL

WR Antwaan Randle El, PIT

WR Michael Clayton, TB

WR Marvin Harrison, IND

WR Eddie Kennison, KC

PK Ryan Longwell, GB

Def Ravens, Team Defense, BAL

As bad as I need a WR, I don't think I want to do this. Harrison isn't the reciever he used to be. I'd be fine at RB starting Edge and Westbrook, but LJ's value would sky rocket if Holmes ever goes down. And it's uncertain Holmes is even playing this week, although I think he will. I would probably start LJ if Holmes ever did get hurt. Who knows if Holmes will go down though, and I end up with LJ stashed on my bench all year. I'm not sure what to do. Whatta think?

I offered him Jones or Westbrook for Harrison straight up and he won't go for that.

Thanks

Edited by Sam

I have NO RBs other then DD. My other Def is the Giants. Does it pay for me to trade the Colts and DD for Tiki and Den? I feel that I am upgrading at RB for the rest of the yr and by matching Den with the Giants D I should be okay. NO?

We get 1pt/10yds rush rec and 1pt/recpt. We get etra pts for long TDs, over 100yds and 7 or recpt.

Do I do this trade?

1117449[/snapback]

I'd do the trade...Tiki is a vast improvement imo, already has 6 td's under his belt compared to Davis's 3...and Tiki doesn't have that hard of a schedule ahead of him..should put up better numbers than Davis throughout the year :D .

as far as the defense...I think Denver will suit you fine, the colts have a hard schedule up until week 17. They face opponents like New England, Cinci, Pitt, Jax, San Diego, and Seattle, all playoff contenders. Denvers schedule looks a little easier with only Dallas, and San Diego as their hardest opponents.

looks like a good offer to me :D

which Defense..

NYG vs SF

or

JAX vs HOU

usually DEFENSE scoring..

1117458[/snapback]

I would probably go with the recently more motivated NYG...they looked pretty Dam good last week shutting out the Skins who are no "walk in the park". Plus the fact they are playing SF, who knows who their starting QB will be this week maybe dorsey....or Pickett? Who in the Hel1? :D

Jax also has a nice matchup against the Texans who finally got off that horrible losing streak. But I believe Carr is less turnover prone then whoever SF throws in their for what they call a "QB".

Edited by Whoop That Trick

Already asked Hugh and Avernus...might as well get your take on it as well.

I was just offered Harrison and R. Brown for K. Jones and L. Johnson. Standard performance scoring. We start 3 WR's. We don't have to play a TE (but can).

My roster:

Pos Player, Team

QB Mark Brunell, WAS

QB Matt Hasselbeck, SEA

QB Eli Manning, NYG

RB Brian Westbrook, PHI

RB Michael Pittman, TB

RB Edgerrin James, IND

RB Larry Johnson, KC

RB Kevin Jones, DET

WR Anquan Boldin, ARI

WR Chad Johnson, CIN

WR Doug Gabriel, OAK

PK Jeff Reed, PIT

Def Bengals, Team Defense, CIN

His:

Pos Player, Team

QB Trent Green, KC

QB Byron Leftwich, JAC

RB Ronnie Brown®, MIA

RB Chris Perry, CIN

RB Priest Holmes, KC

WR Ashley Lelie, DEN

WR Terry Glenn, DAL

WR Antwaan Randle El, PIT

WR Michael Clayton, TB

WR Marvin Harrison, IND

WR Eddie Kennison, KC

PK Ryan Longwell, GB

Def Ravens, Team Defense, BAL

As bad as I need a WR, I don't think I want to do this. Harrison isn't the reciever he used to be. I'd be fine at RB starting Edge and Westbrook, but LJ's value would sky rocket if Holmes ever goes down. And it's uncertain Holmes is even playing this week, although I think he will. I would probably start LJ if Holmes ever did get hurt. Who knows if Holmes will go down though, and I end up with LJ stashed on my bench all year. I'm not sure what to do. Whatta think?

I offered him Jones or Westbrook for Harrison straight up and he won't go for that.

Thanks

1117511[/snapback]

I wouldn't do it, Johnson is a decent #3 for you...and if you got Ronnie Brown he will lose carries even more with Ricky running strong again...Harrison isn't as strong of a force as he used to be. The colts have been hammering with Edge the majority of the time, and not needing to pass all that much.

as far as K.jones he will increase a lot in value the rest of the year imo. He plays some easy teams to run against, Minnesota 2 times, Arizona, Greenbay, Cincinatti, and New Orleans.

Stick with your roster, just my opinion. :D

I need 3 of these guys.....

Moss @ KC

Kennsion V OAK

Horn V CHI

Givens V INDY

Jurevicious @ AZ

Gabriel @ KC

Thanks

1117515[/snapback]

I'd go Moss I think he'll be ready to go this week.

Horn- he's back and Brooks will hit him all day :D

and

I'd go with Kennison for the last spot.

Jurevicious won't amount to much, Engram is back this week, and Gabriel idk what happened to him this week :D ...too inconsistent...plus you already have moss.

WDIS WR..

Joey Galloway vs CAR

or

Larry Fitzgerald vs SEA

Scoring:

1 pt every 10 yards rushing/receiving..

6 pts every TD

1117565[/snapback]

I'd go Fitz, with Boldin out he's the only threat at WR for the 'Cards. This might attract more attention from defenders, but Fitz is Fitz he'll find a way to get his, Plus it's not like the Seahawks are a really strong D.

I just couldn't start Galloway this week, with Simms at helm u never know what to expect, even tho he hit him last week, I just don't see it happening again.

WDIS QB?

Carson Palmer vs BAL

or

Eli Manning vs SF

Scoring:

6 pts per TD

1 pt every 10 yards rushing/receiving

1117733[/snapback]

Go with Carson, he has proven that he can play with the best, and I think that he will have to pass to win the game this week, Johnson just won't run that great against the Ravens imo.

If you went Eli, he'll put up decent stats but they will crush SF and run all day...I expect the running game to have a bigger game than the passing...

:D

Edited by Whoop That Trick

Would you make this trade?

I Get:

A. Gates

M. Moore

T. Housh

C. Perry

I Give Up:

J. Witten

S. Davis

L. Johnson

M. Barber

My starting lineup before the trade...

Bulger (QB)

Alexander (RB)

S. Jackson (Flex1)

C. Brown/S. Davis (Flex2)

Driver/Curtis (WR)

Witten (TE)

Rackers (K)

Ravens (D)

After...

Bulger (QB)

Alexander (RB)

S. Jackson (Flex1)

C. Brown/M. Moore (Flex2)

Housh/Driver/Curtis (WR)

Gates (TE)

Rackers (K)

Ravens (D)

Scoring is 1 point Every 10 yards receiving/rushing and 6 for rush/rec. tds. I was offered this...

Big game this week, and I need a little help deciding which 2 RBs to start:

Kevin Jones @ MIN

Jamal Lewis vs CIN

Willie Parker @ GB

Jerome Bettis @ GB

Larry Johnson vs OAK

At this point, I'm leaning toward KJ and LJ -- I feel like KJ seems to be picking up his game (and playing against a bad MIN D), and I like the Chiefs match-up vs OAK, where I think LJ will find the endzone. GB has a surprisingly strong rush Defense (only 2 TDs against this season) so I'm hesitant to start Willie or Bettis, and I don't want to touch Jamal with a 10-foot pole.

Which 2 would you start (standard performance scoring)? Thanks in advance, and good luck this weekend! :D

Edited by soulrebel

I'd go Moss I think he'll be ready to go this week.

Horn- he's back and Brooks will hit him all day :D

and

I'd go with Kennison for the last spot.

Jurevicious won't amount to much, Engram is back this week, and Gabriel idk what happened to him this week  :D ...too inconsistent...plus you already have moss.

1117632[/snapback]

You, Hugh and Avernus all on the same page. likin it!

Would you make this trade?

I Get:

A. Gates

M. Moore

T. Housh

C. Perry

I Give Up:

J. Witten

S. Davis

L. Johnson

M. Barber

My starting lineup before the trade...

Bulger (QB)

Alexander (RB)

S. Jackson (Flex1)

C. Brown/S. Davis (Flex2)

Driver/Curtis (WR)

Witten (TE)

Rackers (K)

Ravens (D)

After...

Bulger (QB)

Alexander (RB)

S. Jackson (Flex1)

C. Brown/M. Moore (Flex2)

Housh/Driver/Curtis (WR)

Gates (TE)

Rackers (K)

Ravens (D)

Scoring is 1 point Every 10 yards receiving/rushing and 6 for rush/rec. tds. I was offered this...

1118062[/snapback]

Yep i'd pull the trigger fast on this one..Your making a nice improvement by picking up gates and giving up witten...and your giving up Davis and Barber..for Perry and Moore...thats nice too...Davis's days are limited...and Barber will be history once Jones is back..well atleast he won't play as big of a role..you get moore and he is a decent fantasy option these days...and Perry soon will see a bigger role...Johnson just isn't running that great :D ..

go for the trade :D

Need some help.

High Scoring TD's and Performance

QB

McNabb at Skins

Leftwich vs Texans

RB's Pick 2

K. Jones at Vikings

M. Moore vs. Lions

L. Jordan at Chiefs

WR's Pick 3

J. Jurevicius at Cards

K. McCardell at Jets

T. Owens at Skins

J. Smith vs Texans

Appreciate the help.

Standard performance scoring league>

Need to start 2 RB's

Rudi@Baltimore

K.Jones@Minnesota

Caddy vs Panthers(also my starting D_

WR need to start 1 to go with S.Smith

Kennison vs Oakland

Driver vs Pittsburgh

Thanks

1118185[/snapback]

Go with Jones he should run well with Garcia still banged up or even if Harrington stats...they should give the rock to Jones and let him run all over that crapshoot of a defense... and also go with Caddy..but keep a close eye on caddys injury status..He didn't look like a healthy caddy last week :D

and for wr I like Kennison...Brett Favre will look like the Brett Favre we saw last week against Pitt :doah:

Big game this week, and I need a little help deciding which 2 RBs to start:

Kevin Jones @ MIN

Jamal Lewis vs CIN

Willie Parker @ GB

Jerome Bettis @ GB

Larry Johnson vs OAK

At this point, I'm leaning toward KJ and LJ -- I feel like KJ seems to be picking up his game (and playing against a bad MIN D), and I like the Chiefs match-up vs OAK, where I think LJ will find the endzone. GB has a surprisingly strong rush Defense (only 2 TDs against this season) so I'm hesitant to start Willie or Bettis, and I don't want to touch Jamal with a 10-foot pole.

Which 2 would you start (standard performance scoring)? Thanks in advance, and good luck this weekend!  :D

1118194[/snapback]

Go with Jones and Parker...

Jones will destroy the vikes this week..im calling it! :D

and GB isn't that great against the run actually...they give up 100 yds a game...and the only reason no rb's really get TD's on them is cuz they give them all up against the pass :D

Need some help.

High Scoring TD's and Performance

QB

McNabb at Skins

Leftwich vs Texans

RB's Pick 2

K. Jones at Vikings

M. Moore vs. Lions

L. Jordan at Chiefs

WR's Pick 3

J. Jurevicius at Cards

K. McCardell at Jets

T. Owens at Skins

J. Smith vs Texans

Appreciate the help.

1118551[/snapback]

Mcnabb...it's do or die in Philly..expect him to come back fireing..even with TO out :D , plus the jags will likely run the ball 100 times this week against the Texans.

for rb's go with Jones and Jordan...Jones will destroy the vikes.. and Jordan is a top 5 fantasy back this year imo.

for wr's go with everyone but owens..cuz he's not playing lol...atleast thats what everyone is saying....but if for some miraculous reason he decides to play go with Owens, Smith, and McCardell.