[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 9

Hugh 0ne

hey Avernus, thanks for doing this..

Do you think Fitz will put up go numbers the rest of the year and is he a good start this week?

:D

1117732[/snapback]

Shouldn't you be stalking Tony Banks or something?

And Fitz sucks monkey ass. Does that answer your question?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man. Quick QB WDIS:

Delhomme @ TB

Eli @ SF

Obviously Eli has the ideal matchup, but I get the feeling that's going to translate into a better day for Tiki than Eli.

Delhomme's been solid of late and it's not too bad of a match-up...and you just can't ignore the Steve Smith factor.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

1117630[/snapback]

No brainer here, play the matchup. Eli ALL the way.

WELCOME BACK. AM I GLAD TO SEE YOU.  :D

Ok. My sig is below with my normal starters in bold. I need some help with 2 areas this week; my qb and flex. This is head 2 head.

Palmer vs Ravens or Hasselbeck vs Cards

Sounds like a no brainer but the last time they played I believe SA went off with 4 tds.

Pick 1

LJ vs Raiders - I have Priest starting. Could almost ensure some points using both of them.

DD @ Jags - has been giving me 6 pts every week until last week. Jags have been run on this year, surprisingly.

Heath Miller  @ Packers - Getting a least a td every week for the last 4. No yardage though and maybe no Big Ben.

Boldin @ Seahawks - May not play due to knee injury.

Kevin Jones @ Vikings - Is he worth mentioning?

Almost forgot. We have a Head Coach in our league. You get 6 points for a win. Who has the best chance this week to win. Steelers vs Packers or Bengals vs Ravens. No brainer if Big Ben plays but if he does not?  :D

1117633[/snapback]

Very simple questions this week, with very simple answers:

Palmer is a stud QB. ASYS.

LJ is a TD machine. Don't bench him.

I could QB the Steelers and we'd beat Green Bay, and I'm 5'10 and 165 lbs and I've never played organized football in my life.

WDIS WR?

Joey Galloway vs CAR

or

Larry Fitzgerald vs SEA

Scoring:

6 pts per Td

1 pt every 10 yards rushing/recieving

1117663[/snapback]

I go with Fitz here, not because I think he'll do well (he might struggle against the doubles now that Boldin is out), but he should outproduce Galloway. Don't expect more than 50 yards or so, and a TD if you're lucky.

Hey Hugh.  In a HUGH pickle here this week in my "big league" (see sig).

Bulger/Martin - on bye.

McCown - on pine.

Could either:

Trade Roy Williams and scrub backup QB (Martin most likely) for Trent Dilfer and semi-scrub WR (Chatman, Lelie - who won't help me out this week or Muhammed - preferred).

Or pick up one of the following...

Garcia or Harrington, depending on who gets the nod...

Brad Johnson, who at least is healthy and will start...

Chris Simms, ugh.

--------

Also, need 3rd WR, after Harrison and Porter...

If I to the Dilfer deal, I will hopefully have Muhammed, who I'd start for sure.  If I don't pull off the deal, do I start Roy Williams?  Dump him, or Andre Johnson for Gonzalez or Mike Williams?

Thanks Hugh.

1117670[/snapback]

Grab Johnson. You don't have to give up anything, and he'll probably do as well if not better than who you'd trade for. And Bulger will be back in a week, so don't go crazy for a 1 week QB.

Good luck with your 3rd WR. With that pile of manure not even I can help you. :D

Another Tight end question

Crumpler Vs Miami

Heap Vs Cinci

Or

LJ Smith Vs Was

pick 1..

scoring system:

1 pt every 10 yds receiving

6 pts per td

Im playing my biggest challenge in my league this week, need to come up big...so which wuld u go with to get me the best pts :D.

1117672[/snapback]

I like Heap. All are decent options, Heap gives you the best potential for a big game.

Ok Hugh 2 questions.

1. :D 1 point per 10 rush/rec, 6 per TD. I currently have Stallworth and Givens. I am thinking of picking up Antonio Bryant and dropping one of them. Should I stand pat or pick up Bryant and drop one of them? Basically looking for who will have better stats rest of year. :D

2. :D 1 point per 10 rush/rec, 6 per TD, 1 ppr. I have to start 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 Flex (WR or RB). Here are my options:

Parker (@ GB)*

D Davis (@ JAX)*

Westbrook (@WAS)*

Kenninson (vs OAK)*

J Smith (vs HOU)*

Gabriel (vs KC)

Horn (vs CHI)

Mason (vs CIN)

Pittman (vs CAR)

Right now I am starting Parker, Davis, Westbrook, Kennison, and Smith. I don't think I want to play Gabriel or Mason, but Horn is tempting? What would you pick? :D

Edited by Lost

hey wait, this is like those gambling lines where they give half the people the favorite and the other half the underdog and are always right...

:D

1117819[/snapback]

Not cool. If you're going to quote me, don't take it out of context. Here is what I said:

I go with Fitz here, not because I think he'll do well (he might struggle against the doubles now that Boldin is out), but he should outproduce Galloway. Don't expect more than 50 yards or so, and a TD if you're lucky.

(the really bad word)er.

Hey Hugh. Is Patrick Pass worth keeping? He looked really good before his injury, but as always the Pats aren't letting anyone know how serious it is. My backs are: LT, Jordan, Anderson, Barlow, Pass. But i'm about to trade away Anderson for a QB replacement, so I'll be a little thin. Thanks.

Edited by LosGatosEnFuegos

Okay, since I obviously can't pick my lineup to save my life (3-5 with LT2 and Steve Smith on the same team).

I'm thinking about starting Portis, but am a little scared from last weeks performance. So basically I need 2 of the following 4 to start: Portis, A. Chatman, M. Williams (Det.), or Jerevicious. Let me know what you think and thanks for the help.

Its a joke jerk

I go with Fitz here, because I think he'll do well (he might struggle against the doubles now that Boldin is out), but he should outproduce Galloway. Don't expect more than 250 yards or so, and 3 TD's if you're lucky.

Fixed

Edited by alexgaddis

Very, very tough call. I think KJ is not a very good option, but LJ with Priest healthy will be hit or miss at best. :D

YTD LJ has slightly better numbers than Jones. So if they're basically equal, but with LJ you have the HUGH upside if Priest goes down, so yes, I'd take LJ over KJ.

1117524[/snapback]

Thanks HUGH! :D your the man!

Hugh,

Great help in the past with line up advise. Here's a plea for trade advise. I've got a good stable of RBs...D. Davis, M. Moore, M. Anderson, Rudi J, Caddy. My WR suck big time. I'd like to combo two of my RB to get a value WR. Which 2 would you package and what would you look to get for them. Thanks. :D

Grab Johnson. You don't have to give up anything, and he'll probably do as well if not better than who you'd trade for. And Bulger will be back in a week, so don't go crazy for a 1 week QB.

Good luck with your 3rd WR. With that pile of manure not even I can help you. :D

1117787[/snapback]

Thanks Hughster. Gonna pull the very benign trigger on Johnson for the week. And I think I'm orchestrating a swap of underachieving WRs. Clayton for Williams. That'll give me a decent starter for the week. I think Clayton might bust out of his slump, while Williams (if healthy) still has to contend with Rogers, the other Williams, Pollard, a retarded coach, and a QB conundrum.

Hugh:

I am having WR problems this week. I have:

Burleson

Boldin

Glenn

Roy Williams

Moulds

Burleson has been horrible, is there any reason not to drop him at this point and grab L.Coles and play him this week with Williams? Is Williams even going to play?

Thanks for the help...