[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 9

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Hugh,

Need some help.

QB

McNabb at Skins

Leftwich vs Texans

RB's Pick 2

K. Jones at Vikings

M. Moore vs. Lions

L. Jordan at Chiefs

WR's Pick 3

J. Jurevicius at Cards

K. McCardell at Jets

T. Owens at Skins

J. Smith vs Texans

High Scoring League

Appreciate the help.

My first post to Mr. One!

Performance League:

I'm planning to start RBs:

Ronnie Brown vs ATL

Larry Johnson vs OAK

But I've got Curtis Martin vs SD as well. I was thinking of doing this even before Priest got the concussion, so now I feel more comfortable with this scenario. Am I starting the optimal set? What say you?

First time asking for help, and it shouldn't be that tough...

Should I go with Charles Rogers as my 3rd WR this week or Bryant Johnson? If Rogers starts it could be a lot better than whatever Bryant gets me...Usually Rod Smith is in there but the Bye Week gets me here.

Edited by Wirsteve

I have Priest and the LJ owner is coming at me hard...He wants Roy Williams for Larry Johnson. Here is my team I am 5-2-1

12 team perf..start 1 qb, 3rb, 3wr, 1te, 1k,1def or 2rb & 4wr

Matt Hasslebeck

Brad Johnson

Sjax

Priest Holmes

Willie Parker

Patrick Pass

Torry Holt

Roy williams

Houshman..

Bobby Engram

Doug Gabriel

Robert Ferguson

Lee Suggs

Alge Crumpler

Matt Bryant

Indy D

Do I do it...Is Roy ever gonna play???

In a start-2 QB league....

1) Starting Eli for sure, but do I start Garcia (assuming he's starting) or Warner (just picked him up and dropped Simms, who has tough matchups over the next 4-5 weeks  and might lose his job to Rattay soon)?

2) Which 3 -- Bryant vs Tenn, Chatman vs Pitt, Jurevicius @ Ari, LarryJ vs Oak, and Fisher vs Pitt?

3) Which TE? Kinney or Franks? I'd have to drop Troupe for one of these chums.

Thanks!

1117682[/snapback]

I think I'd go with Warner here. I just can't start a Lions QB, even against the Vikes.

Bryant's a good start. LJ's a great start if Priest can't go. Bench Chatman. Jurevicius is a good option as well.

Bryant, LJ and Jurevicius.

Kinney. The Tennessee WR group is decimated with injuries, so the TE should play a bigger role.

Thanks Hugh, you are DA MAN  :D

One last question, if you dont mind. Please pick two of the following to start this week:

Garcia @ MIN

Leftwich v HOU

Brees @ NYJ

MCown v SEA (If he even starts, which it is sounding like he wont)

Tough, tough week  :D . I appreciate your input!

Gdawg

1117715[/snapback]

Leftwich and Brees my friend. McCown's not playing, and Garcia sucks. Pretty simple.

Okay, since I obviously can't pick my lineup to save my life (3-5 with LT2 and Steve Smith on the same team).

I'm thinking about starting Portis, but am a little scared from last weeks performance.  So basically I need 2 of the following 4 to start:  Portis, A. Chatman, M. Williams (Det.), or Jerevicious.  Let me know what you think and thanks for the help.

1117725[/snapback]

Start Portis and Jurevicius. Those are the safest plays. Until DJax comes back, JJ will get a lot of looks. Chatman is hit or miss, so I'd keep him on your bench, and offensive players on the Lions are just not good options.

Thanks Hugh!  It's Bell or Anderson.  Quick follow up.  Do you make this trade for long term upside if TO is out for 1-2 weeks?

1117745[/snapback]

Tough to say. I'd take a very close look at the injury and the prognosis. It's risky, but the rewards could be HUGH.

Ok Hugh 2 questions.

1. :D 1 point per 10 rush/rec, 6 per TD. I currently have Stallworth and Givens. I am thinking of picking up Antonio Bryant and dropping one of them. Should I stand pat or pick up Bryant and drop one of them? Basically looking for who will have better stats rest of year.  :D

2. :D 1 point per 10 rush/rec, 6 per TD, 1 ppr. I have to start 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 Flex (WR or RB). Here are my options:

Parker (@ GB)*

D Davis (@ JAX)*

Westbrook (@WAS)*

Kenninson (vs OAK)*

J Smith (vs HOU)*

Gabriel (vs KC)

Horn (vs CHI)

Mason (vs CIN)

Pittman (vs CAR)

Right now I am starting Parker, Davis, Westbrook, Kennison, and Smith. I don't think I want to play Gabriel or Mason, but Horn is tempting? What would you pick? :D

1117795[/snapback]

I would drop Givens and grab Bryant.

I would not bench Horn. He's getting healthy. Start him over Kennison. The rest looks fine.

Hey Hugh.  Is Patrick Pass worth keeping?  He looked really good before his injury, but as always the Pats aren't letting anyone know how serious it is.  My backs are: LT, Jordan, Anderson, Barlow, Pass.  But i'm about to trade away Anderson for a QB replacement, so I'll be a little thin.  Thanks.

1117873[/snapback]

I don't think so. With Dillon healthy and Pass banged up, he essentially becomes worthless. Drop him.

Hey Hugh you have helped in the past and I need some of your EXPERT opinions :D

I am currently in alone in second place in 10 team keeper league with the best pt production.  I am worried about McNabb not finishing the season and now with T.O out for at least a game or two it makes even more worried.  Also I feel I am thin at rb.  Do I make more trades to backup McNabb and fill in a 3rd or 4th Rb??? or stand pat and ride out the season.  btw our trade deadline is week 10

here is my roster

Qb McNabb, Leftwich

Rb Edge, R.Brown, Ricky Williams, Droughns

Wr Fitz, Wayne, Porter, Engram,Mrobbinson and DJax on I/R

Te McMicheal, Wiggins

K  J.Feely, J.Wilkins

Def Bengals, Ravens 

we start 1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1def we can use 2wr and 2te as well. scoring in sig

1117920[/snapback]

I think you're thin at RB, but not really deep enough anywhere else to make a move. You probably have no choice but to ride it out and hope for the best.

Hugh one -

Chatman or Gonzo at WR

Brees or T Green at QB

1117935[/snapback]

Start Gonzo and hope he is at the beginning of a TD streak.

Tough call at QB. I like Brees, even against a defense that hasn't given up a passing TD yet this year. Start him.

Hugh - welcome back...need a little help bro...

Desperately need RB help - got anderson on bye and am forced to start Shipp. Could pick up Antowain Smith and drop Ahman Green as an injury move. Does Smith have any value for the remaining season? Would you start him??

One more, my friend, Garcia or Dilfer this week (Plummer on bye).

Thanks HUGH!!

Hugh,

Great help in the past with line up advise. Here's a plea for trade advise. I've got a good stable of RBs...D. Davis, M. Moore, M. Anderson, Rudi J, Caddy. My WR suck big time. I'd like to combo two of my RB to get a value WR. Which 2 would you package and what would you look to get for them. Thanks.  :D

1118085[/snapback]

That's pretty broad. I wouln't trade Davis, since I think he'll finish strong and his value isn't particularly high right now. Moore might be good to move, since without CPep, the Vikes will probably struggle even more. I think if you are willing to trade 2 of those guys, you can target a top WR: CJ, Moss, Owens, Holt. Careful with TO and Moss because of the injuries.

I have L Fitzgerald at home against Sea,

J Horn against the Bears

or Galloway against Carolina.

Pick 2. Thanks.

1118169[/snapback]

Horn is the no-brainer here.

Galloway's hot. Fitz will have to adjust to being without Boldin, which makes him a risky start. Go with Galloway.

Hugh My Man,

Need to start one of the following:

Flat Caddy @ CAR

or

Drinkin' Droughns @ TEN

Thank you!

1118178[/snapback]

Not sure how the DUI will affect the Droughns situation, but either way, I think you go with Caddy here.

Hugh One,

I traded Trent Green and Antowain Smith for Fred Taylor to bolster my RB corps.

I now need to pick up QB to back up Brunell.

My choices are:

B Johnson

B Leftwich

G Frerotte

T Rattay (eventual starter in TB?)

A Brooks

M Vick

1118221[/snapback]

Johnson, Leftwich and Brooks are all decent options for backup QB's. I'd base it on EOS, which would keep me away from Brooks. Between Johnson and Leftwich, I'd rather have Lefty.